Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2002 10:27:52 AM EDT
I'm not in church because I got out of the habbit of going and can't seem to get back to going again. I admit I don't go out of laziness, but just the thought of the ordeal a backslider has to go through when he returns to the fold keeps me from returning.

All the shaking of hands and smiling turns my ears so red and hot they feel like they will catch on fire, and I know it ain't the Holy Spirt doing it, it's the embarrassment and shame of it all.

The I feel bad about not going to church Am-O-Tramp.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I *am* in church!  I'm sitting here in front of my computer, totally naked, reading the messages posted by the other members of my congregation while thinking about breaking out the Holy Ammo Box and going to the Range of Evil to do battle with the Satanic Paper Target.

Testify, brother, testify!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#3]
It's the holy water. Arrghhhh! It burns!!!! It burns!!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I just don't like hanging around with child molesters.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#5]
damn....i don't know which post to agree with more........
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Because I'm a Heeb!

Shalom
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because I'm a Heeb!

Shalom
View Quote
And from Texas?

How do you fit "Oy vay" and "Yee Haw" in the same sentence?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#9]
because i refuse to participate in the delusion people call god.

nothing has been shown to me that is proof that god exists. until then he does not.

end of story for me. been this way for abour 10 years, dont see it changing anytime soon. but one never knows what the next day will bring.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
because i refuse to participate in the delusion people call god.

nothing has been shown to me that is proof that god exists. until then he does not.

end of story for me. been this way for abour 10 years, dont see it changing anytime soon. but one never knows what the next day will bring.
View Quote
You are loved anyway, my son.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#11]
im not in church because i think organized religion is a crock.  its all made up by man. if God cared about catholic, methodist, mormon, quaker, whatever he would have left better instructions.  find the one that works for you.  or better yet, just grab a bible and start reading so you'll know what it says, -not what some guy in a suit tells you it says.
just my 2¢
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Markm...

I'm the only Proud Southerner, conservative, former VMI Cadet, Marine Corps Officer Candidate, gun loving, NRA card holding Jew you will ever meet...

take a picture and put it in a book next to those mysterious shots of big foot and the UFOs...
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#15]
The universe is GOD's church! I won't belong to a CULT that uses GOD as a front. And churches are only inmorall hypocrytes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#16]
UHHHHHH because my religion does not hold services in churches perhaps?  Ask me why I aint in a longhouse and you might get a better answer :-)

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Why should I feel the need to go to a house of mammon? God is in your heart.

That and the fact I am without faith right now.
I trust in myself to get me through hard times.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Because I'm a Buddhist?

I do go to temple three or four times a week to donate time.

Buddhism really isn't a religion in the truest sense.
View Quote

So did you have to pick up that pot of hot coals and get those marks on your arms?
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I was in Church. I had a great time.

Ooops, I'm going again.

For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.  Psalms 69:9

[b]Hebrews, Chapter 10:[/b]

24   And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25   [b]Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.[/b]

26   For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

See you there?

Eric The(IfNotNow,When?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Raised Catholic by very religious parents. Attended church every Sunday and every "day of obligation" throughout my youthful years. However, once I got to my later teens I realized that the Catholic mass was just a lot of ritual BS. Stand, sit,kneel, the same prayers over and over again. Haven't been back except for the occasional wedding or funeral. God's temple is really inside you anyway.

Stepped-init
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Markm...

I'm the only Proud Southerner, conservative, former VMI Cadet, Marine Corps Officer Candidate, gun loving, NRA card holding Jew you will ever meet...

take a picture and put it in a book next to those mysterious shots of big foot and the UFOs...
View Quote

Are you refering to me?  BigYeti
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#23]
because I was in MY church yesterday.  I shot pretty good at the IPSC match there.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Sunday morning rifle league...what else?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to be catholic, but I'm much better now. I got fed up with it a while back.

No more worshipping the baby-killing and genocide-commanding god of Abraham for me.

Quoted:
Because I'm a Buddhist?

I do go to temple three or four times a week to donate time.

Buddhism really isn't a religion in the truest sense.
View Quote

Ya know, even though I'm atheistic, Buddhism DOES sound interesting...

Many of my personal beliefs dovetail nicely...

BTW, I find it annoying when the "unenlightened" think that the Buddha is worshiped... [rolleyes]

P3[pyro][^][heavy]
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Why ain't I in church?

Classical Conditioning.  It's much more elaborate than Pavlov's dogs, but it is nonetheless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top