Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2002 8:13:56 AM EDT
My younger brother was standing abour 75 feet from the table when the shot was fired.  

According to him (which is first/seconhand info)...

A single round was fired, accidentally, into a metal toolbox.  

Supposedly a dealer handed a gun to a customer to examine.  The dealer removed the magazine, but there was a round in the chamber.  Boom!

Other story is the customer saw the gun by a cash register, picked it up, and pulled the trigger.  Boom!

Since my brother was close to the site, but not involved, he has only been getting secondhand info.

Keep your eyes on the news, it is sure to make the papers.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
In either case, that dealer was negligent and should be tossed.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In either case, that dealer was negligent and should be tossed.

View Quote

From my young brother's observation, they appeared to be in the process of removing the dealer and his wares from the premises.

Also, rumor has it that the dealer and/or customer will be charged with discharging a firearm.

Keep in mind, I was NOT there, and my brother is only getting secondhand (gunshow) rumors.  

Other than being close to the vendor table when the shot was fired, and seeing the hole in the toolbox (big big hole) my younger brother is just passing along "what he heard from other tables"

Just FWIW.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Me, the wife and my friend was there... we were looking at the 37mm table next to the wall. we hear a boom... we look around and see people walking toward a woman holding a pistol in the center... we go back to our shopping... later we heard that it was somebody.. dont know who.. had a .45 pistol, fired it into the side of a gun case... dont know any other details...
it was funny tho..

the crowd looks up and around... pause a few moments and then go back to shopping.. We were laughing.

Great deals at the show.. .30 Cal Carbine mags.. $10 eash.. 30rd AR mags..$15 each.. awesome M1 Carbine hardwood stock for $40. lots of little gizmos cheap.  Best show Ive been in my short time in TX.

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#4]
2 Guns went off at the Indy show about 2 weeks ago.  I looks as thought "DEALERS" would be smart enough to unload the guns.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#5]
A woman huh? Figures.[:D]
BrenLover
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:19:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
 the crowd looks up and around... pause a few moments and then go back to shopping.. We were laughing.
View Quote

HaHa...Just like the time I was shooting pool in a pool joint.

Some aholes fired a few shots into the joint from the street and it hit the walls.  Since we were getting charged by the hour, a few seconds later we resumed the game.  Why should I let a little gunfire interrupt my game time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top