Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2002 6:58:35 AM EDT
Gun Show.....

According to my boyz at the Show, some schmuck let go of a .45 acp round in the Main Hall.

It appears to have hit the ceiling. No casualties...

When will they ever learn?

Details to follow in PM.

Eric The(Traveling)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Oops!...heheheh...sorry...my bad!

[pistol]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
First, I am pleased that no one was injured.  Second, I hope that there were cameras running.  The picture of several hundred guys "hitting the deck" in unison is bound to be pretty darn funny.....and a good morning to you ETH...  

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hope that there were cameras running.  The picture of several hundred guys "hitting the deck" in unison is bound to be pretty darn funny.  

View Quote

Unless YOU were there.
AB
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Good morning my confederates!

I think that the reason that cameras are barred at most Gun Shows that I attend, is just for that [u]very[/u] reason! [:D]

No one want's to see their butt in the air diving into a group of women and children for cover!

Eric The(OrSomethingLikeThat!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#5]
"I thought it was unloaded"
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess now they'll have to close the gunshow roof-hole.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#8]
albob...If you are going to quote me do so in totality and not the middle of a sentence.  It's the only way to fly...and I do wish that I had been there...
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Im first leaving now......guess i should wear vest?
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#11]
At least he had the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#12]
The two ADs at gunshows I know of were both done by "dealers"!  >gg< Needless to say, neither were invited back!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope it didn;t ruin ya'lls appitite for dinner. Wish I was there(for dinner).fullclip
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:26:24 PM EDT
[#14]
ETH, I walked by the table near the food stand several times and eyed no "Hunnish looking" people. [:)]
I did'nt get to the show untill after 3:30pm. How long did ya stick around?
I wanted to introduce myself. Hopefully the intro will happen at the Farm Shoot. I made sure today that i would have plenty of ammo.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I was about 30 feet away when the round went off at 9:30am. None of us "dove for cover". My first reaction was an almost sick feeling followed by anger. The response by the officials was very calm, almost nonchalant. About a dozen of them converge on the area almost immediately.

The round did not hit the ceiling. I found out later that it went through the table and entered a tool box that was stored below. That's why we didn't hear a ricochet. It appeared to be a 1911-style pistol so I'm assuming is was a 45ACP. I still can't believe nobody was hit.

About 15 minutes after the incident, A Dallas PO came over and started investigating. I later saw him and the shooter sitting at a small table near the main entrance. The PO's  demeanor was very calm, what I was describe as almost consoling. The dealer came back to his tables, packed up and left.

Very scary. Dealers aren't required to have their firearms inspected. I don't know why this guy had his gun out. Maybe it was his carry weapon and he was in the process of securing it.

I hope I never experience something like this again.      
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:10:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I got there about 11:45, cant believe that happened. what a dummy. I am glad he left. and glad no one as hurt.
 I would like to have seen his face when happened happened though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I got there at 945am and no one was talking about it. They acknowleged it happens but no one was volunteering any information. Glad no one was hurt.

I waited around till about 1230 and no sign of the Hun. I figured the "State Trooper" after supper last night might have set his schedule back a little.

I spent the day lugging around a S&W 22A that no one was interested in. They were all looking for centerfires and I dont need to go to a gun show to be insulted anyway.[:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Boyz, do you know how seriously funny [b]Jetlag's[/b] joke is? 'Gunshow roof-hole'! LMAO!

Eric The(MightilyAmused)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#20]
also walked around looking for a "hunish" lokking creature... no luck

11-12pm..

also heard about the ND...
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone oughta beat him with a stick!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

bwahahahaha
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was about 30 feet away when the round went off at 9:30am. None of us "dove for cover". My first reaction was an almost sick feeling followed by anger. The response by the officials was very calm, almost nonchalant. About a dozen of them converge on the area almost immediately.

The round did not hit the ceiling. I found out later that it went through the table and entered a tool box that was stored below. That's why we didn't hear a ricochet. It appeared to be a 1911-style pistol so I'm assuming is was a 45ACP. I still can't believe nobody was hit.

About 15 minutes after the incident, A Dallas PO came over and started investigating. I later saw him and the shooter sitting at a small table near the main entrance. The PO's  demeanor was very calm, what I was describe as almost consoling. The dealer came back to his tables, packed up and left.

Very scary. Dealers aren't required to have their firearms inspected. I don't know why this guy had his gun out. Maybe it was his carry weapon and he was in the process of securing it.

I hope I never experience something like this again.      
View Quote

I was there too. I was near "brotha' Nick's table" when I heard the shot. Nobody ducked, but it got quiet. Went over there to see a large hole in the bottom of the guy's toolbox. Apparently, they were testing the cycling of the ammo and trigger. From what I hear, they cycled one magazine, then put in another. They cycled it so fast, they never checked the chamber, and somehow it went off. They should not have had LIVE AMMO in the gun AT ALL-- even just to test the cycling (especially since they were testing the firearm for problems!).
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#25]
This is a forgivable incident as we are at war.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate EVERYBODY because I was about to post clever comments about all this, but there was a power failure *just* as I clicked on "submit"...and all those words of wisdom are gone forever...

I especially want to do something mean to Imbroglio because of his last post, but I'll have to rely on his honesty to find out how to dole out his punishment appropriately.

I guess I'm screwed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ETH, I walked by the table near the food stand several times and eyed no "Hunnish looking" people. [:)]
I did'nt get to the show untill after 3:30pm. How long did ya stick around?
I wanted to introduce myself. Hopefully the intro will happen at the Farm Shoot. I made sure today that i would have plenty of ammo.

View Quote

Hehe Well let me tell ya a little story.......
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
also walked around looking for a "hunish" lokking creature... no luck

11-12pm..

also heard about the ND...
View Quote

Did you try and page him????? hehe
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 8:26:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You know, every time I think
"Thats the ultimate STUPID comment" You proceed to top it with another real gem!

Please explain why the most basic rule of gun safety goes out the window because we are at war.........MORON!

Dont you have a mall to go loiter in or something?
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"Thats the ultimate STUPID comment" You proceed to top it with another real gem!
View Quote

Main Entry: 1hu·mor
Pronunciation: 'hyü-m&r, 'yü-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English humour, from Middle French humeur, from Medieval Latin & Latin; Medieval Latin humor, from Latin humor, umor moisture; akin to Old Norse vokr damp, Latin humEre to be moist, and perhaps to Greek hygros wet
Date: 14th century
3 a : that quality which appeals to a sense of the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous b : the mental faculty of discovering, expressing, or appreciating the ludicrous or absurdly incongruous c : something that is or is designed to be comical or amusing
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Please explain why the most basic rule of gun safety goes out the window because we are at war.........MORON!

Dont you have a mall to go loiter in or something?
View Quote

Irony.
Eye'-ron-ee.
He's good.
See Miriam Webster for details.
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:33:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Good to see everyone at the show and meet some new folks.  Next time I won't be zoned out - hadn't slept since Fiday afternoon.

The discharge made your heart jump, but then you immediately knew it was an ND from the demeanor of the crowd in the area.

Some people.........
Link Posted: 6/16/2002 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#33]
We should all use this as a reminder of what can happen.  I know the gunsmith that this happened to, and he [i]is not[/i] a careless man.  It can happen to any of us anytime we let guards down.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:24:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
At a local gun show two months ago a dealer had an AD with a gun he had just traded for. He traded for the .22 and took it outside and loaded it to make sure it would cycle the rounds correctly. He thought he had all the rounds out of it. He put the gun on his table and a short time latter someone pulled the trigger. The round struck another vendors dog killing it. It could have been worse, about 15 seconds earlier a five year old child was petting the dog. At another gun show in Dodge City Kansas several years ago a female was shot in the head with a 7mm magnum that was supposed to be unloaded and on a dealers table. The morale to this story is don’t assume that the guns on the dealers tables are unloaded!!!
View Quote

I feel sorry for the poor dog.  Gun show dog's are cool and all I have met were very docile.  I met this Siberian Husky and I tried to pet it.  It playfully snapped at my hand but that's cool.  He was lying sideways and was probably dreaming about a bone or something.  Oh, and the woman too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:34:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Was J.R. hit?
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 2:41:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Col. Cooper's Rules...

1. Every gun is always loaded.

2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.

3. Make certain of your target and beyond.

4. Never let your finger touch the trigger till you're ready to discharge the weapon.

Live those rules.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:08:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Hmmmm...

Musta been one of those slam-fire .45 specials that I the rare privelege of testing at the BRC.  Seriously, if I ever own a .45, Wolf ammo will never come near it.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Let me get this straight.  2 turkeys were cycling live ammo through a suspected faulty gun to check function?

If this is true please supply me with a time and location to which I can come and beat them severely with a very large pipe.

Of course,  this being the most common response I may need reservations,,,,
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Let me get this straight.  2 turkeys were cycling live ammo through a suspected faulty gun to check function?
View Quote

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Gun was faulty. Hey-- let's test it here while all these people are around...
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#41]
In all seriousness, I've asked this question before:

How do we, as responsible gun owners, deal with morons like this?  

These are the people that Joe and Jane Average think about when they hear the words "gun owner."  And they're the reason they want "reasonable gun control."

Hell, when confronted with some of the idiots I see, [i][b][size=3][red]I[/red][/size=3][/i][/b] want "reasonable gun control."  I want to shoot them and remove 'em from the gene pool.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hell, when confronted with some of the idiots I see, [i][b][size=3][red]I[/red][/size=3][/i][/b] want "reasonable gun control."  I want to shoot them and remove 'em from the gene pool.
View Quote

Wouldn't that be better classified as "population management"?

the_reject
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top