Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 11:51:50 PM EDT
So has anyone actually fired on of these rifle's? I have read everything on O.O.W.'s web site, but I have not heard from anyone who has fired one or owns on.  I need input regarding this rifle.  It looks like It oud be a fun rifle, any opinions, thoughts or reports would be great.  I know the history and everything that direction, please forward anything you have heard about the 1918A3.  Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I fired one of the semi-auto BAR's.  Nice gun, shot well, very low recoil for a .30-06.

I would say they are worth getting, except a real BAR is a better choice if you live in a Class 3 state, although plan on spending about 10x the price.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I just took delivery of one.  Ordered in March direct from OOW.  Delivery 3 weeks ago.

Quality finish and workmanship. Excellent park. Receiver well machined, massive.  Trigger pull acceptable, slight amount of creep.

Mine has a 5/53 HSA barrel, flaming bomb stamped.  Checked muzzle with my gauge, MW 1. Don't think my TE gauge would work.

Have put 300 rounds through it on my two outings....used CMP LC 66.  No problems, single or rapid fire.

As accurate as a SG Garand.

With the weight of the rifle, recoil is minimal, even with rapid fire.

Any specific questions, just drop me a line.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Grayhound.

Thank you for the reply, I am looking foward to purchesing a 1918A3 in the next six months.  please keep me up to date on how the rifle is handling.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top