Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Damn her to hell.  [pissed]
View Quote

Indeed; I hear ya.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Another case of Natural Selection gone terribly wrong.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
SFK.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I can understand your anger. I hope that you will be able to find some peace. It is sad to hear that somebody was killed. I will include all involved in my prayers...God Bless.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't know what to say except I'm sorry this happened.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, she will learn something about the consequenses of her actions.  A pelvis fracture can easily be a life threatening injury.  If she really did lacerate her uterus it must be a pretty significant one.  She faces a very long and painful recovery at best.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry man,

Well see seems like a treat. I doubt anything will "wise her up" tho'.

I also wonder just how smart her parents are.

People with have a caniption fit if you give a gun to a kid now a days, but if you give them a big truck, SUV, or a car with 200+hp it's no big deal. Which do you think is more deadly??
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry to hear of this. You didn't mention how close your wife is to her niece. I hope your wife gets through this ordeal with as little pain as possible.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#12]
You have an uphill battle with the family.

They will never admit they have a problem.

Try to stay out of it for your wife.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]
... Damn [b]thebeekeeper1[/b], sorry to hear about this.

That is the most volatile age. It seems if you can get past 19 it's all cruising.

... FWIW, I'm sure most of us agree, we are lucky to have made it through our late teens.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn.  Every family has one numbnuts like that.  Mine has never killed anybody, but they've got one hell of a drugged-out wacko child abuser on my wife's side.

I'm sorry, man.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm sorry to hear about the man's death.

Quoted:
When her parents gave her the first punishment of her life--a grounding--

Now, mommie and daddy bought her yet another car.
View Quote

Hmmm... first punishment of her life at 15???  Several totaled cars later and they buy her another???  FirearmTom is right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:29:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Bummer, beekeeper, I understand your anger, Justified.

Consider this, she and her friend will have to live with this for the rest of their lives!!

Maybe, just Maybe that will be sobering for her!!

Thoughts are with you, good luck!!!

starsil9

[shock]

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]
What a stupid and senseless thing she's done.

Sorry to hear that you're having so much anger and agony over this, but it's a measure of your humanity.

I lost my cousin at about that age because of some other driver's recklessness.  We never learned the details because the family was just totally devasted by it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow Beekeeper, I'm really sorry man.  That is some shit.

You, being the kind of man that you are, are put in a rough position by the fact that they are family.

While not nearly as serious, my wife's sister has had a rough go of things for quite awhile, due to making ignorant choices, but my wife and I agree on it.  How does Mrs. Beekeeper feel about it?  

I usually take extra time to consider if I should take action in uncertain circumstances such as these....(WWJD?)

Geoff
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Mike,

Sorry to hear about this.  If you need to talk or just vent you know how to get in touch with me.  

Take care,

medcop

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Beekeeper, Where exactly did this "accident" happen? I have relatives in the Peoria area.
AB
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beekeeper, Where exactly did this "accident" happen? I have relatives in the Peoria area.
AB
View Quote

I don't know, but I do know they took her to the Bloomington hospital first, then she was flown to Peoria for surgery.  I presume it happened somewhere near Bloomington/Normal.  

MedCop, thanks, I'll be fine, just in a rage.  Going to bed soon, headed your way in the morning.  [:)]
View Quote

Thanks. If you get details, will you let me know?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#24]
What a shame and waste.....sorry.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, this is not fun.  I will pray for all concerned.  Your wife is lucky to have someone like you who doesn't make excuses, even when it's family.  I have seen parents similar to your niece's before, but it has never ended fatally.  I have often wondered why they can't seem to learn from their children's mistakes.  I guess they're just stupid?  Wouldn't know what else to call it.  It sure doesn't help their children.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sorry to hear about this tragedy, beekeeper.

How's your wife and sister-in-law faring?

Do you know anything more about the man who died?

Were the kids drinking? I'm sorry the other driver is dead, and I hope your wife's niece will be all right.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm terribly sorry to hear this, beekeeper.
Heartbreaking news.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I hope that the experience will change her path, and her sister's as well.  Sometimes such things wake people up.

Sympathies, Beek.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm sorry to hear all this, for you, your wife's family, your family, the poor guy that died, his family, and yes, your niece.

Hang in there buddy! I've been through similar situations, but without anybody getting killed, so I can only partially relate to you situation.

You're a good man. Be there for the family - after all, it sounds like they would be there for you if you were the one.

I have a brother that has done the unexcusable in the past (though he hasn't really harmed anyone), and though he is the "black sheep" of the family, he is loved never the less. We don't excuse it, just accepted what has happened as bad beyond belief and tried to move on. It is really a tough situation, but in most cases with strong families, it is pretty much all that can be done. In your case, it will take more than it did for us.

You and yours are in my prayers. Sometimes life just flat sucks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Is this it?
[url]http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/061502/new_20020615038.shtml[/url]

News  
Saturday, June 15, 2002

Man dies in 2-car accident

McLEAN -- A Lincoln man died Friday after the car he was driving was struck head-on by another vehicle on U.S. 136, just east of Interstate 55.
Andrew W. Pettijohn, 34, of Lincoln, was pronounced dead at about 5:20 p.m., said McLean County Coroner Beth C. Kimmerling.

Pettijohn, who was traveling alone, was eastbound on 136 when a westbound vehicle struck his car head-on. An autopsy has been scheduled for today.

The two occupants of the westbound vehicle were transported to a local hospital. Their names and the name of the hospital were not available on Friday evening.

Illinois State Police District 6, which was called to the scene at about 4:45 p.m., did not release any information on Friday.

U.S. 136 was closed for about two hours following the crash.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 12:15:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Beekeeper, I know that it is hard, but do not let this incident burn you up. I also would not get too involved in your actions and opinions. This is one of those situations that you need to let work out on its own. Just lay low, keep the peace, and be there for whoever needs you. Take it as another one of the steps that your family and the in-laws must cope through in this thing called life. What happened, was destined to happen, you can not continue to think about what could have been done to prevent it. Everyone is going to learn something from this incident in one way or another. And then everyone must continue forward.

I hope that your niece has a conscience about what happened and learns from this day forward how precious a persons life really is.

My fiance got killed 3 days before our wedding by a drunk driver. She was her parents only child. The drunk was a city official that skated out of being incarcerated. What a nightmare.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#34]
The answer to this is the recreated story and live "Death Penalty" airing on MTV (Moron Television).
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My fiance got killed 3 days before our wedding by a drunk driver. She was her parents only child. The drunk was a city official that skated out of being incarcerated. What a nightmare.
View Quote

I'm very concerned about drinking/drunks plying our highways. I'm more afraid of them, than being shot with an assualt weapon.

beekeeper: This is really sad. This is just the beginning. Your sister's family could be held financially responsible for the accident. I don't know about IL, but here in the PRK(calif.), even though your niece was not driving, she could be held liable because she was the legal owner of the vehicle, possibly both criminally and civilly. This definitely no fun legally.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 5:16:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Reason= SPOILED BY PARENTS!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Sir, I would first like to say I am sorry to hear this happened and hope she recovers quickly. I lost a few friends during my teenage years and know it effects you deeply. I hate to be the bearer of more bad news and my intention is only to make you aware of the possiblity. I think you should not only worry about her injuries but also the possiblity of criminal charges for allowing the 15 year old to drive. Did the 15 year old have a liscense? If not I would think about legal representation of some sort down the road. Again, I hope she recovers quickly and extend my sympathy to your situation.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Bad situation, all around. Working as a deputy sheriff, I've seen this type of behavior out of a lot of kids. I would have to agree, that the problem, starts at home with parenting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#41]
So sorry about this, beekeeper.  Another sad reminder how precious life is and how quickly it can end.  Take the time today to tell those who mean the most to you how much they do mean.  And especially do it tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#42]
My neice and her friend had not been drinking or on drugs.  She had been up all night working. Someone she knew was graduating from some kind of nursing school.  Instead of going straight home, they went somewhere. My sister does not know anything after that.  My sister called the other hospital to find out about the other girl and the mother said she is fine--she will get to go home this weekend. The cops talked to her and she told them she was driving because my niece was too tired to drive. The lady was going to give my sister the info but like always she didn't want to know, "I can't deal with this right know." The thing is that everything is "my poor baby."  So if that let's you know why she is the way she is. Yes my sister never wants to deal with anything, would rather not talk about it. Well, guess what--not this time.  [V]

Linda [:I]

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I am so angry I could scream.  A man died tonight who did not need to, and should not have.......  Damn her to hell.  [pissed]
View Quote

Bee, This may be the opportunity G*d has been waiting for to draw her to relationship with Him. He may even have an instrument, (you), in mind to help him accomplish it. Pray about it.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am so angry I could scream.  A man died tonight who did not need to, and should not have.......  Damn her to hell.  [pissed]
View Quote

Bee, This may be the opportunity G*d has been waiting for to draw her to relationship with Him. He may even have an instrument, (you), in mind to help him accomplish it. Pray about it.....
View Quote

Sounds like an LDS to me.  Just a guess. . .
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#45]
I have a niece just like this.  18 & she just got out of high school.  She has been picked up several times for DUI.  Last time was arrested for driving on a suspended license.  She went to court Fri & was sentenced 30 days in jail.  Nice graduation present.  

Sad thing is I doubt it will do anything to change her.  My brother makes every excuse there is for her & she plays the divorced parents game to the max.  I guess she is learning what being an adult is now, her father couldn't get her off this time.

Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Still, Beekeeper, I'm at a loss for words.  Have gained immense respect for you over the course of the past couple of months, and wish that I could offer some comfort.
Trust yourself, and find your own source of strength.
(Hard not to sound like a dummy),
IMHO
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Sounds like an LDS to me.  Just a guess. . .
View Quote

[b]VERY[/b] bad guess....Gospel Christian...
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#49]
I am also sorry to hear about this Beekeeper. I will pray for all involved sir. Take care, Urban.
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Sorry, Liberty.  Very bad guess it is.

Beekeeper, it may be inapproprate to say, but you really made my day with what you wrote.

Take care.

[Edited to remind you to give your wife a hug]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top