Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 4:18:43 PM EDT
Alright, so at another forum I frequent a couple of us are in a debate with a Limey over concealed carry. He argues that carrying a weapon immediatly increases the danger to you (the pistol owner) then the danger there would be if you were unarmed. We've tried to convince him otherwise with some great little quotes, but, classically, it isn't working.

So I figured I'd jump over here, and ask you guys for your short personal stories of using a firearm in your defense or somebody elses defense, preferably ones where if you didn't have the firearm, somebody would've been seriously injured or died. I'll then take them, post them on the other forum. I won't mention this site or anybody's SN, because I don't think that idiot needs to come over here and bother you nice folks.

I tried searching for the old self defense threads, but every time I hit search my screen window goes crazy.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
EVERY issue of ALL three of the NRA's magazines has a good overview of firearm self defense scenarios culled from newspapers across the nation.

Good luck, and btt!
Link Posted: 6/15/2002 12:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Last Superbowl Sunday...

Girlfriend & I, roadrage incident, chased for 15+ miles at high speed, run off road repeatedly, we tried to escape. I could not shake them. [u]They just kept coming.[/u]  Police notified on cell phone, during entire incident.

Finally, we couldn't go any farther as we were blocked at a train crossing by a passing train (un-freaking-believable).

As the 2 men jumped out of their car and came toward us,  I too jumped out, drew my CCW and pointed it at them, yelling at them to show their hands. They did, sheepishly. the look of "Oh shit!" on their face was priceless.

They eventually slowly got back in their car and drove away, with their pants full of crap.  The police finally arrived on the scene [b]1 hour later!!!![/b] I sure am glad I didn't have to rely on them for my safety.

Don't worry about the Brit.  Just remind him of the skyrocketing violent crime in the UK since their handgun ban...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top