Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2001 5:46:17 PM EDT
They delivered my new Fort Knox safe today and I could not be more pleased.  Free upgrades courtesy of Fort Knox: Fire Door, Five Spoke Wheel and even a better interior than I ordered.
Thanks Fort Knox.

CHZ
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wondering, did you purchase the largest size or the size that you "thought" you needed.

I purchased the largest size that would fit through my one bedroom door (actually smaller than what I really wanted).

It is funny, but you will soon fine out just how quickly the safe will fill up. Chances are you will may end up purchasing an additional safe within the next 3 years.

Glad to see you are happy with your purchase.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad you like yours!

I just wish I would have bought mine sooner.

Quote:
"It is funny, but you will soon fine out just how quickly the safe will fill up. Chances are you will may end up purchasing an additional safe within the next 3 years"

I am already staring to see this happing too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#5]
JT, I bought the biggest one that would fit where I had room, in a closet.  I thought that it would be big enough for a while.  Eight or sixteen gun interior.  Figured there would be room for my guns, mags and ammo.  Looks like after the next purchase, the ammo will get moved back to the small office sized safe to make room for one or two more rifles.
Ya'll are right, if I keep up at this pace, I will need another one in the next couple of years.  No problem with the wife and buying guns, but she really does not want a safe as a proninent peice of furniture in the house not to mention, not much room for another one.  Guess I need a bigger house.

CHZ
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:35:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Let me ask a question here:

Better to have one large safe or several smaller safes?

I had always figured on smaller (not real small--more like 15-16 long gun safes vs. 45-60 gun safes) safes, because:
1.  They are easier to move.
2.  Any burglar is not likely to want to break into 2 or 3 safes--they may go for one, but unless they know they have a reasonable amount of time, it would take a little too long for several.
3.  You can bolt them down separately.

Now the con's
1. Slow to open several safes if you want specific guns out of each.
2. Generally cheapet to buy one big ass safe than 3 smaller ones.
3.  A big enough safe, and they won't have any possiblity of hauling the whole thing off.

The above is assuming that all the safes have equal locks and door thicknesses and fire ratings.

What are your opinions??
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I often thought about that to.

I figured if I get multiple safes, I would divide up the stock and keep half in each. Odds are that only one would be broken into, but than having one large safe allows you to open the door and see all your glory at once.
Link Posted: 4/1/2001 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#8]
The whole gunsafe thing is a conspiracy between the safe manfacturers and the gun manufacturers. When you first get your new safe and put your treasures in, you think, man, this thing looks empty. Whenever you open it up, you see your honeys looking lonely, so you buy a few more, "just to keep them company". Before you know it, they're all bitching about how crowded it is, and you have to buy another safe!
A diabolical plot, if ever there was one. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top