Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2002 10:30:35 AM EDT
http://www.cmt.com/news/display/1455180.jhtml
If this pisses you off, let ABC know...
(yeah - I know - a this is a FREE country, ABC can do what they want....but we can also let them know we do not appreciate this unpatriotic act)
btw: isn't Jennings Canadian?  or did he finally get his US citizenship?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#3]
ABC told the people on the TobyKeith forum that they did [b]NOT[/b] cancel Keith's performance. He was never invited according to them. According to Keith, he [b]WAS[/b] invited, then dropped at Jenning's insistance...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ABC told the people on the TobyKeith forum that they did [b]NOT[/b] cancel Keith's performance. He was never invited according to them. According to Keith, he [b]WAS[/b] invited, then dropped at Jenning's insistance...

Scott

View Quote

Who ya gonna believe?  
View Quote

Hmmmmm...on one hand you got

Jennings the habitual liar....

on the other.....

Cool coutry singer guy Toby Keith.

I'm goin' with Toby's side of the story.

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are the words to the song? I haven't heard it yet...
View Quote

I know most of the words, but here is a partial quote:
Among the most confrontational lyrics: “This big dog will fight/When you rattle his cage/And you’ll be sorry that you messed with/The U.S. of A./’Cause we’ll put a boot in your ass/It’s the American way.”
-Mike
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (Angry American)

American girls and American guys
Will always stand up and salute
Will always recognize
When we see Old Glory flying
There's a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night
When we lay down our head

My Daddy served in the army
Where he lost his right eye
But he flew a flag out in our yard
Till the day that he died
He wanted my Mother, my Brother,
My Sister and me
To grow up and live happy
In the land of the free

Now this nation that I love
Is falling under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flying in
From somewhere in the back
As soon as we could see clearly
Through our big black eye
Man we lit up your world
Like the Fourth of July

Chorus:
Hey, Uncle Sam put your name
At the top of his list
And the Statue of Liberty
Started shaking her fist
And the eagle will fly
And it's going to be hell
When you hear Mother Freedom
Start ringing her bell
And it will feel like the whole wide world
Is raining down on you
Brought to you courtesy
Of the Red, White and Blue

Oh, justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
You'll be sorry that you messed
With the U.S. of A.
Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
That's the American way

CHORUS

Of the Red, White and Blue
Of my Red, White and Blue

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe ABC needs to usher Peter Jennings to the border.  This is the same communist that had tears in his eyes and could barely even utter the words that "George Bush has been elected President."  

Of course we're all aware that the media is impartial and presents [u]both[/u] sides of an issue, right?

Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Gordon Liddy had Keith on his show today. ABC/Jennings is so full of shit it isn't funny. Keith said his record label had a private jet laid on to fly him & the band as Keith already had a gig booked in Salt Lake City. He also said the deal was "signed, sealed & delivered". Keith said the only reason he came out publically was because of the LIES ABC/Jennings were saying about the fiasco.

Jennings is anti-gun, anti-US & pro-Palastenian. Any wonder?
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
If I am not mistaken Peter Jennings does not even have a high school diploma.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Man, I was just going to start a thread on this. Everyone needs to boycott the $hit out of the (UN)American Broadcasting System.....

(6/13/02, 4 p.m. ET) - Toby Keith was asked to perform his current bold and not-so-politically correct hit "Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)" on an upcoming ABC Fourth of July TV special in Salt Lake City hosted by ABC's own Peter Jennings. The deal fell through and according to Keith, it was Jennings himself who pulled the plug on the singer's performance.

He told LAUNCH: "The person with ABC who books it said, 'You're on, we want you to open the show with that song.' Fine, we made arrangements to be there. Got everything off the next day where we were doing two shows that day now, so we took the next day or two off. And Peter Jennings comes in and says that that song has lyric content that does not belong on his television network. So, I've been kicked off the special."

So what was Keith's reaction to Jennings's objection to his performing? "I think he's Canadian ain't he? So, It's our Fourth of July, not his. Tell him worry 'bout his and I won't come up there and sing at it either. But I will write him a new song."

Keith's "Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American)" is the singer's fastest rising-single to date. It currently sits at Number 12 this week on Billboard's Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.

Keith wrote the song in the aftermath of the September 11 tragedies and the death of his father, who fought for the U.S. in the Army and lost his right eye.

--Nancy Brooks, Nashville
[url]http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=209271{/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry about blowing the link, gonna try again.

[url]http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=209271[/url]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#14]
[url]http://www.deesplace.com/CourtesyOfTheRedWhiteAndBlue.html[/url]

Plays the song on a continuous loop as long as the site is open, and has the lyircs printed out....

Scott

P.S. I am all for moderation in how we speak here, okay? BUT CANADIAN PETER JENNINGS NNEDS TO KEEP HIS MONKEY-LICKING NOSE OUT OF [b]MY[/b] FREAKING FOURTH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/16/2002 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top