Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2002 7:15:53 PM EDT
[url]http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0614/p02s01-usju.html[/url]

Well are they?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I was a prison guard in Lovelock State Prison, NV for 5 years. Speaking from experience prison is a breeding ground for everything the nation stands against. It's not about right and wrong, it's not about punishment, it's not even about protecting society from predators. The prison system is about taxpayer extortion. The perpose of prisons in today's society is to generate revenue for the state or fed gov't. It's kind of like the public school system, the more inmates that are there, the more money the state extorts from the taxpayers. In NV the states' objective is to aclimate more people to the prison lifestyle so that they become confortable with it. So much so than when an inmate is released to the real world and is told "no" for the first time, he or she flips out(inmates are never told no in the joint, staff that may consider saying no could face disaplinary action for disrupting the "theraputic environment") In short, aclimate more people to prison lifestyle and they will line up to come back. No bullshit, this is how it works, I was there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, its something to wonder about.

However, keep this in the back of your mind too. There are a lot of Christian organizations that are very jealous of the success that Islamic organizations have had in their missionary work behind bars.  

So is this [i]really[/i] a threat or a attempt by Christian organizations to scare State prison boards into curtailing access to Islamic groups and literature as a "security threat".

Just something to consider now, because its also possible that the Nation of Islam might really BE infiltrated by Al Quida- and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Farahkahn go to jail or be deported as a terrorist sympathiser.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, its something to wonder about.

However, keep this in the back of your mind too. There are a lot of Christian organizations that are very jealous of the success that Islamic organizations have had in their missionary work behind bars.  

So is this [i]really[/i] a threat or a attempt by Christian organizations to scare State prison boards into curtailing access to Islamic groups and literature as a "security threat".

Just something to consider now, because its also possible that the Nation of Islam might really BE infiltrated by Al Quida- and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Farahkahn go to jail or be deported as a terrorist sympathiser.
View Quote
Islam is popular behind bars with the black population mostly. This is because staff cannot subdue religion in any way. Radical Islam is a wonderful way to hate on the white staff and with the observance of Ramadan, create havoc in the joint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top