Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2002 5:16:39 PM EDT
The coolest thing to ever occur in my career as a student in the public school system happened 2 days ago.

2 tables of kids diagnally across from each other in the lunchroom began throwing slices of pizza and mozzerella sticks at each other. Within seconds, the entire cafateria erupted into a full scale food fight. Cartons of milk, pudding, sandwiches were EVERYWHERE. It was the most incredible mess I have ever seen. After about 30 seconds, most people began to flee outside or duck under the tables. The principal literally dived across a table to capture one of the instigators of the fight. It was great. Today they had about 15 teachers/security ninjas stationed in the cafateria to prevent another incident.

Anyone else have food fight stories?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got you beat, as a prison guard, I started a food fight in the culinary that involved staff and inmates and almost resulted in a mini-riot. Very unprofessional, but well worth it, several inmates recieved disaplinary action as well as myself(a written repermind)

Food fights rock !
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The coolest thing to ever occur in my career as a student in the public school system happened 2 days ago.

2 tables of kids diagnally across from each other in the lunchroom began throwing slices of pizza and mozzerella sticks at each other. Within seconds, the entire cafateria erupted into a full scale food fight. Cartons of milk, pudding, sandwiches were EVERYWHERE. It was the most incredible mess I have ever seen. After about 30 seconds, most people began to flee outside or duck under the tables. The principal literally dived across a table to capture one of the instigators of the fight. It was great. Today they had about 15 teachers/security ninjas stationed in the cafateria to prevent another incident.

View Quote

What town was this in?  TAKE NOTE  America:

That's why we have to pay anywhere from $7,000 to $10,000 a year in property taxes for an average (note; smallish) home here in Long Island, New York!  So some degenerate punks can destroy a school cafeteria.  This is what you get when you have teacher's unions and no competition; public schools which have become sinkholes of taxpayer's money waste, lack of discipline and order, and students which are less than brilliant

This is a perfect example of why we need to de-link the public schools from property taxes and let people pay for their own kid's education! When people have to pay for their own kid's education, and cannot make their neighbors defray the cost, then they'll make damn sure that the schools have order and do not piss away their money.

John
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What town was this in?  TAKE NOTE  America:

That's why we have to pay anywhere from $7,000 to $10,000 a year in property taxes for an average (note; smallish) home here in Long Island, New York!  So some degenerate punks can destroy a school cafeteria.  This is what you get when you have teacher's unions and no competition; public schools which have become sinkholes of taxpayer's money waste, lack of discipline and order, and students which are less than brilliant

This is a perfect example of why we need to de-link the public schools from property taxes and let people pay for their own kid's education! When people have to pay for their own kid's education, and cannot make their neighbors defray the cost, then they'll make damn sure that the schools have order and do not piss away their money.

John
View Quote

So...you don't have any food fight stories [;)]?

It was actually a very freak incident. Looking back, I'm surprised it reached the extent it did. The fact that it was the second to last day of regular classes probably played a significant role.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#5]

So...you don't have any food fight stories [;)]?

It was actually a very freak incident. Looking back, I'm surprised it reached the extent it did. The fact that it was the second to last day of regular classes probably played a significant role.[/quote]

Nope!  I went to Catholic school; more discipline and responsibility. Even the not so great students were brilliant by comparison to what comes out of many of the public schools! [:D]

John
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I graduated in 1970.
Never would this bullsh*t have been allowed then.
Just another symptom of the degeneracy of the school system.
You should all be ashamed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I graduated in 1970.
Never would this bullsh*t have been allowed then.
Just another symptom of the degeneracy of the school system.
You should all be ashamed.
View Quote

:::Throws a ham sandwich at Hannah:::
[:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
go get some preparation H.  relax.  "these degenerates of america..."  oh for Christ sake...  it was a damn FOOD FIGHT.  can you think of worse?  I can...how about people welding doors shut or shit like that?  Anyways, if the cafeteria's anything like my old high schools, it's got a high ceiling so nothing gets stuck to it, and the walls are layed out in a manner that would (yes) allow pressure washing...  
On another note, and this was not intentional, i got chocolate milk all over a principal's shirt/tie.  i had a half empty carton and i threw it at the garbage can the principal was wheeling diagonally towards us, i led it wrong, and it bounced off the back rim of the can and splashed...no points for smoothness there!
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#10]
sheesh, some people need to relax...

Our senior prank was to release 4 crates of live chickens in the school and then Kryptonite (bike)lock all the doors shut from the inside.  Got out thru a window.

At the same time others were using flour to write in BIG letters on the practice field 'CLASS OF '91'.

One of the best previous years' pranks was to go around town gathering real estate signs and place about 300 in front of the school.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#11]
  That's why we have to pay anywhere from $7,000 to $10,000 a year in property taxes for an average (note; smallish) home here in Long Island, New York!  So some degenerate punks can destroy a school cafeteria.  John
View Quote

Just how destructive are pizza and mozzarello sticks? Did a new cafateria have to be built on the remains of the old one?

My guess is it took three janitors 3 hours to clean it up. 3 hours X 3 janitors X $25/hour = $225.(this is all just a rough estimate) I don't think that is too destructive. You also have to figure that those janitors would be getting paid whether or not they were cleaning pizza or having a coke and a cigarette. So the pizza fight cost nothing IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top