BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2002 4:40:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
IN BEFORE THE LOCK!!

Just kidding. I think it is a delicate balancing act. Do the Mods over-moderate for safety. Or do they let stuff get through that might cause us problems down the road, in order to have a looser, more open forum?

Scott

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Gunsnob, you've got exactly 5 minutes from the time I post this, to delete your post.  Ask Slayer if I'm playing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
DonR, don't know how to delete.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]
goo?

[puke]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Beerslayer, that wasn't a vieled attemp at tiptoeing around the no personal attack rule was it? [:)]

Some people just seem to go out of their way to whine and cry any chance they get. And usually in a very ignorant, not based in fact, kindergarten style fashion.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gunsnob, you've got exactly 5 minutes from the time I post this, to delete your post.  Ask Slayer if I'm playing.
View Quote
I figured it out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Wise decision, Grasshoppah! [devil]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with The_Beer_Slayer 100%. As a non-paying customer, that's all I have to say.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beerslayer, that wasn't a vieled attemp at tiptoeing around the no personal attack rule was it? [:)]

Some people just seem to go out of their way to whine and cry any chance they get. And usually in a very ignorant, not based in fact, kindergarten style fashion.

View Quote

ummm are you saying i am whining? please clarify. i am about flamed out for the night and will have to reload my beer if we are gonna rumble [:D]

mike
View Quote

Lyin ass! You told me it was Crown & Coke! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Beerslayer, I wasn't referring to you at all (I won't say who though, don't want to get your thread locked). In fact I agree with your rant.

So no need to reload on the beer.

Well, really does anybody need an excuse to reload on the beer? [:)]

Think I'll go get one now.....
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Why do you guys keep testing DonR?  Leave him alone. [:D]
View Quote

Let's give all the Mods a breather. You [b]DO[/b] know that on some forums, rehashing a deleted topic too much can get you locked, right? The Admin and Mods are being more than fair with us, under that criteria....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#16]
BTW, from DonR's original post time, to GunSnob's "I figured it out" post is [b]FOUR MINUTES FIFTY-FIVE SECONDS[/b].....

Scott

[beer]

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK I HAVE FREAKING HAD IT!
I am sick and tired of all this "lets not offend the MUSLIMS." We all know there are good and bad people in this world. Anyone here that is a muslim should know one thing. When the term MUSLIM is used here 99.9% it is used toward the nutcase fanatics that want to kill the rest of us.
Just like when the term Christian is used here it is pretty much meant the same way. The nutcase morons that want to cause problems.
View Quote

I disagree.  When someone uses the term "Christian" here, it's usually while propounding how he's holier than anyone else and how those who don't believe the same fairy tales he does will burn in hellfire for all eternity.  That or else it's someone defending the Catholic Church for having hidden its rampant sexual abuse of children.

OTOH, when someone rants about Muslims, he's usually ranting about how he wants them all to be killed.  Even the ones who aren't fanatical psychos.

I have no quarrel with those who target their anger, or even outright hate, toward our enemies;  but there are plenty of people here who seem to think that our enemies include every man, woman, child, and infant who can be identified with any branch of Islam -- not just the ones who want to destroy the U.S., but all of them.  Personally, I'd rather not see hate speech on this board.  But that's up to the owners, not me.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
...there are plenty of people here who seem to think that our enemies include every man, woman, child, and infant who can be identified with any branch of Islam -- not just the ones who want to destroy the U.S., but all of them.
View Quote

No man, you have that in reverse. All the polls I've seen seem to indicate that's how they feel about us.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
BTW, from DonR's original post time, to GunSnob's "I figured it out" post is [b]FOUR MINUTES FIFTY-FIVE SECONDS[/b].....

Scott

[beer]

View Quote
Wow, 5 seconds away from critical mass. I work well under pressure.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Of course he does.  Look where he's from! [;)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#24]
The_Beer_Slayer:
OH MY GOD!!!!
SOMEONE GETS IT!!!!!
There may be hope yet. Listen up pansies DF understands!
View Quote

I get it.

[i]Just didn't want to get the thread locked...[/i]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I was the one that got onto Sweep in the first place over the joke.  It wasn't any different than any other joke that has been told on this forum.  It wasn't advocating violence of any kind, it was just a joke like we've all heard a million times before.  Sweep had to do his job but I think he was well on the liberal side of this one.
No hard feelings Sweep.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#26]
It ALL pisses me off.  No jokes, prayers, pattin' the occasional ass, unapproved cursing, dodgeball, handing out valentines unless EVERYONE gets one, blah, blah, freaking BLAH.  In this particular case, we are indeed at war with an easily identifiable ilk of enemy.  And please look up the word "ilk" if you don't know what it means.  Every-the-last-one-o-them who comes into this country, if they are NOT CITIZENS, should be afforded fair and courteous SKEPTICISM, and none of the rights we a citizens enjoy.  Go to ANY other country, and you know you're the visitor.  People come here and some of us act like they're owed a freakin' beefsteak and a beer.  Screw 'em, and screw their damned country that bombed us!  BS, I'm sick of this PC crap too.  Maybe another letter to the editor???
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Go to ANY other country, and you know you're the visitor.
View Quote
I was talking with a friend about another subject entirely, but his viewpoint on going to other countries is that when you are there, you contribute to their local economy in a healthy way.  You aren't there to exploit the resources of the other country.
View Quote

When I go somewhere, I'm there to exploit WHATEVER resources I can!!![:D]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:15:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Scott
[beer]
View Quote
Wow, 5 seconds away from critical mass. I work well under pressure.
View Quote

"You had seven seconds left.  It wasn't even exciting."
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#30]
It ALL pisses me off. No jokes, prayers, pattin' the occasional ass, unapproved cursing, dodgeball, handing out valentines unless EVERYONE gets one, blah, blah, freaking BLAH.
View Quote

Yeah, what he said.

I'm sick of this PC crap too.
View Quote

This one too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top