Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/13/2002 1:28:02 PM EDT
I heard a dude on the radio talking about how circumcision is a form a child abuse.

What do you think?

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh My God I've been abused!![:0][shock]
Why didn't anybody tell me??[:(!]

Call my lawyer!!![argue]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I heard a dude on the radio talking about how circumcision is a form a child abuse.

What do you think?

View Quote

Sounds like another liberal.  Probably thinks that a swat on a kids butt is abuse too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you think?

View Quote

Sounds like another liberal.  Probably thinks that a swat on a kids butt is abuse too.
View Quote

That's my take on it. It was even worse than that. They interviewed a guy who was protesting the Catholic bishops' meeting because "it's another form of abuse perpetrated on children by the church'.

What a fag.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, THIS is what can happen: (warning! VERY graphic!)

[url]http://www.infocirc.org/fourn.htm[/url]

I think this is a religious issue only, and has NOTHING to do with health.
I didn't get my boys cut almost 30 years ago, and they are both FINE.
If you want to risk interfering with what nature installed, that is YOUR choice, but I refused to have my baby boys cut, (WITHOUT anesthetic, mind you), as babies.
Just isn't right.
For those of you who are Godly, God didn't make mistakes, right?
Then why would he have mis-installed foreskins???
Why fix it if it isn't broken?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I see no reason for circumcision.  I don’t have kids yet, but if I have a boy I think I’ll leave it as is.  In this day and age of hyper personal hygiene I cant believe the little shaver will get an infection and loose the unit.   Dose anyone have a good reason to snip the tip?  
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Snip it.

I personally wouldn't want mine back, even if it were possible.

As to God not making mistakes, how do you explain Rose O'Donut? [:D]

-Legrue
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
We live in *civilized* countries.
Is it too much to do to *wash* it once in a while?
Do you realize some men are doing expensive and painful foreskin reconstructions?
Wonder why?
Protection, sensation, and to restore what was *supposed* to be there!!!
I imagine you all support *female* circumcision as well?
Same reasons.
To destroy sensation.
Or, in other words, religious mutilation.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dose anyone have a good reason to snip the tip?  
View Quote

Yep, most women like it better.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I'm sure my opinion will not be very popular on this. I don't see it as child abuse but I see it as an unnecessary mutilation. I don't believe in God either so any religious arguments are meaningless to me.

There are some cultures that circumcise women, which many will agree is a bad thing, but circumcising men is not any better. There is no reason to circumcise either sex.

I've asked friends why they cut their sons, usual answers are:

1. It's cleaner - well there is an invention called soap that does a fine job of keeping a penis clean whether cut or not.

2. Less chance of disease - some even pull out some stats to "prove it", but of course all the stats were pulled from sources that want you to think that getting cut is better and we all know anyone can make stats lean in their favor.

3. For religious purposes - this one I can actually understand, if your beliefs are that strong, kind of sucks that you are making that decision for someone else though (your son) instead of allowing them to make the choice for the themselves when they are old enough to understand and accept it.

4. To make it look like daddys penis - at least this one is truthful but I ask if daddy only had 3 fingers on his right hand, would cut off the extra fingers from your child so they can look like daddy too?

I expect to see these reasons from other posters.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Unnecessary, cruel and dangerous mutilation.

"Yes, Miss, that's a [i]real[/i] dick you see here: bigger, longer, uncut."
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there a consensus among doctors about this?

If I ever have a son I won't be cutting him. I still think the guy on the radio was a fag though.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We live in *civilized* countries.
Is it too much to do to *wash* it once in a while?
Do you realize some men are doing expensive and painful foreskin reconstructions?
Wonder why?
Protection, sensation, and to restore what was *supposed* to be there!!!
I imagine you all support *female* circumcision as well?
Same reasons.
To destroy sensation.
Or, in other words, religious mutilation.
View Quote

Hanna,

Get off your high horse, if possible and stay on track. If you want to start a female circumcision thread, feel free to do so.

I also stand by my words. May I add, I'm glad I'm snipped. Too bad if you don't like it, but then, I don't really care if you do or don't.

-legrue (who washes the little fella daily)
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:09:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Hannah,

I had a friend who died of Necrotizing fasciitis or commonly called flesh-eating bacteria. What happened to this kid probably was that he had a beta strep infection. Since this emulates pain and causes fever, the attending physician may have prescribed some kind of aspirin or pain killers. Go to the link below for more information.

[url]http://www.drmirkin.com/morehealth/G233.html[/url]

Circumcision in itself does not cause this but if one is not careful and totally "clean" during the procedure, infection may set in.

Oh BTW, snip it!
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dose anyone have a good reason to snip the tip?  
View Quote

View Quote

Umm, I did not consider that…  interesting point.  I still don’t think I can bring my self to cut in my (future) boys pee pee.  It’s just too damn barbaric.  I’ll have to bank on the hope that when he meets the right woman she wont care.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
When circumcision was started, way back when, there was no soap. So the act of circumcision was common, and became part of the Jewish religion, and hence the Catholic religion.
BUT, even today, children that are circumcised run a risk of urinary tract infections than uncircumcised children.
Why?? Because a 7yr old (for example) child doesn't fully understand the concept of keeping the foreskin clean.
As for myself, I'm cut, and I would have my son (if I have one) cut, for both religious and health reasons.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
part of the Jewish religion, and hence the Catholic religion.
View Quote

Wrong! Christians do not mutilate their children.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#18]
We don't force our soldiers to wear turtlenecks with their helmets - why should I make mine?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Women, believe it or not, LIKE a man whose sensation is up to par.

Have you ever watched a newborn getting *cut*?
Didn't think so.....
Let me tell ya', while I was in the hospital, after having had my *first* son, I watched them mutilate an infant.
The poor baby was strapped down, they cut.....he turned *white*, then *red*, then passed out unconscious from the awful unexpected pain.
I decided then and there, in 1972, that they were NOT going to HURT my son like that.
He is now 30, has never had a penis infection, and is fine and happy.
I reiterate, if YOU think mutilation is what your son should look like, FINE.
I chose NOT to have my babies tortured for being male.
YOUR call.
I speak as a Mother who chose to spare her sons an unnecessary operation *without* anesthetic, and whose sons are FINE, friggin FINE.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooooh, is THAT why I'm getting all the cute girls as soon as they hear my Euro accent and figure out I'm NOT cut?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Cut it off. I mean, what's a huge bundle of nerve-endings between father and son?

Honestly though, got mine..... and can say I'm just fine with it. Glad to have it, actually. A little extra maintenance here and there, and it'll be just fine.

He might have some hassles in the locker-room once he gets a bit older, but I think ultimately, he'll be no worse off than anyone else.

Of course, it's your kid.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Women, believe it or not, LIKE a man whose sensation is up to par.

Have you ever watched a newborn getting *cut*?
Didn't think so.....
View Quote

You like making assumptions, don't you?

Still, hope your boys don't want a circumcision now. For some men, the extra sensations make sex painful, or at least makes them short lived in the sack.

-legrue (yep, seen one. big deal...not)
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Their Girlies are WAY happy with them, the "short-lived-in-the-sack" thing is a MYTH.
The Girlies and the Sons have NO complaints, and again, why fix it if it isn't broken?
Just because YOU are mutilated......
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For some men, the extra sensations make sex painful, or at least makes them short lived in the sack.
View Quote

[img]http://www.spc.uchicago.edu/users/cbm4/images/bullshit.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
For some men, the extra sensations make sex painful, or at least makes them short lived in the sack.

-legrue (yep, seen one. big deal...not)
View Quote

For some, perhaps. For me, not even close in either case.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ooooh, is THAT why I'm getting all the cute girls as soon as they hear my Euro accent and figure out I'm NOT cut?
View Quote

I'm sure that is exactly the thought process occurring at your introduction.  Geeez.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I think there are hands in Europe that have never been washed.

And they've stopped doing circumcisions?

What a group!

Eric The(TheirWomenShave?Yet?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Steady now...  I'd say most men did not have a choice in the matter.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm cut and I like it.  The knob on the end keeps me from hitting myself in the forehead.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Their Girlies are WAY happy with them, the "short-lived-in-the-sack" thing is a MYTH.
The Girlies and the Sons have NO complaints, and again, why fix it if it isn't broken?
View Quote

Yeah, whatever. You and Kar98 can go hammer and tongs with his uncut john-thomas for all I care. My lady likes mine the way it is.

By the way, did you mutilate your ears with pierced ear rings? How about a little tattoo in a naughty (or not so naughty) place.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think
View Quote

You're wrong.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Legrue: you're a jack** and a dweeb.

(Eric said I'm allowed to use this word)
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#33]
This is shaping up to be the hottest debate since Israel-Palistine brew ha ha!
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Legrue: you're a jack** and a dweeb.

View Quote

Which one, jackass or dweeb?

BTW, did I touch a (uncut) nerve when I mentioned you and Hanna?

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Hardly. Dumbest statement I've heard since "Israel is our only real ally."
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I had a friend when I was a kid, where something went wrong when he got cut.  He would piss 2 streams (one straight, and one down to the side).  I think the cutter took too much off or something.  I never grilled him about his junk, but he had to sit down to pee, or spray all over the place.  It must suck to be him.  

If I ever have a boy, I don't think he'll get cut.  I want him to be able to pee standing up.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, whatever. You and Kar98 can go hammer and tongs with his uncut john-thomas for all I care. My lady likes mine the way it is.

By the way, did you mutilate your ears with pierced ear rings? How about a little tattoo in a naughty (or not so naughty) place.
View Quote

Holding a grudge flamer?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Forget what the ladies might think for a moment. We all know there are different types of people out there, and bodies to match. Are all breasts created equal? If they aren't 'just-so', would you care not to play with them in the heat of the moment? From most I would assume the answer to be 'no'.

Think of your son and no one else in this matter. Everyone else that he crosses paths with in life can FRO.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Take a poll of American women.  They might like the accent, but they like it cut.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Post from Kar98 -
View Quote

I surely did! I see nothing wrong with either word, at all.

BTW, please don't fill in the blanks with the actual letters in 'jacka**' - I may engage him in a game of Scrabble one day for fun and profit!

Or should I have said 'fun and Prophet'?

Eric The(WhoKnows?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Exactly, mejames, for a dumbass religious superstition, it just isn't worth it.
The Original Design is fine.
Mutilation is a fad, like body piercing, or tattoos, (neither of which I have either).
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Holding a grudge flamer?
View Quote

Not really. Hard to get really worked up over this one. (Hard, get it??)

(bored) legrue

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holding a grudge flamer?
View Quote

Not really. Hard to get really worked up over this one. (Hard, get it??)

(bored) legrue

View Quote

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny, I would have said this was the dumbest thing I've heard lately:

"Ooooh, is THAT why I'm getting all the cute girls as soon as they hear my Euro accent and figure out I'm NOT cut?"

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I actually assisted the surgeon who mutilated my son.  I told him I wanted to make sure he didn't trim off too much like the guy who did mine.  Now everyone is happy.  My 7 y.o. is proud that he looks more like his daddy than his beagle dog.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hannah and Kar98,

What is with you 2 lately? You both seem awfully combative on the threads that you choose to post on. As a matter of fact it seems to be those that "might" have a religious tone to them.
View Quote

Dunno about her, but this topic is [i]cutting[/i] it somewhat [i]too close to home[/i] for [b]my[/b] taste.

And as a side note, the biggest anti-circumcision group is usually the same group that wants gay special rights, and condoms for grade schoolers, and now child/adult sex. Cause it's natural......
View Quote

And which group would [i]that[/i] be?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:02:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#49]
thedave:
Sorry, Bro, you are full of it.
My decisions made about my sons were made back in the 70's, and the logic still stands.
The "increased cervical cancer" crap is only if the women had MANY many partners.
Nothing has been proven medically wrong with being uncut.
In fact, many men are having their foreskins restored through painful surgery today.
Why?
Because it was MEANT to be there!
Was only cut off because of some religious belief, certainly NOT a medical one.
As far as me being militant about this, I am tired of this same old line that causes male babies horrible pain for NOTHING. NO good reason!
And NO, they don't use a local, go to your local hospital and ASK.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny, I would have said this was the dumbest thing I've heard lately:

"Ooooh, is THAT why I'm getting all the cute girls as soon as they hear my Euro accent and figure out I'm NOT cut?"

-legrue
View Quote

Hallo Ladies,

You must take note of mein devilish accent.

Now, who wut like to see mein dick?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top