Posted: 6/13/2002 1:03:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:04:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Why a dual universe?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Out of an [b]infinite[/b] number of systems I would hope they could find [i]one[/i] like ours.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]

A planetary system that resembles ours???

I wonder if it also has a planet filled with guilt-ridden, self-destructive, intellectual pinheads and hordes of unthinking, neanderthalic , barbaric collectivists trying to squeeze a dwindling number of rational, independant-minded inhabitants out of existence.

[:\]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
yes, we will find planets like ours. one will be inhabited by intelligent peaceloving giant squid, who will be absolutely certain that the universe was created and watched over by a benevolent creature with 10 tentacles and eyes the size of dinner plates.

to remove any ambiguity about which god is true, and who owns the planet, humans will exterminate them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
yes, we will find planets like ours. one will be inhabited by intelligent peaceloving giant squid, who will be absolutely certain that the universe was created and watched over by a benevolent creature with 10 tentacles and eyes the size of dinner plates.

to remove any ambiguity about which god is true, and who owns the planet, humans will exterminate them.
View Quote

So what kind of sauce goes with barbequed ten-tentacled, jumbo-eyed intergalactic squid??

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool...

"My Rocinante sails by night on her final flight!"

....Hey Legs, What's your fave song on Vapor Trails?   Does this one ROCK or what??

~smuggley
ps.  I think Earthshine is mine for now >;]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A planetary system that resembles ours???

I wonder if it also has a planet filled with guilt-ridden, self-destructive, intellectual pinheads and hordes of unthinking, neanderthalic , barbaric collectivists trying to squeeze a dwindling number of rational, independant-minded inhabitants out of existence.

[:\]
View Quote

LOL!!!!!

And the sad thing is if they landed here it would be proof-positive that advanced intelligent life exists on other planets for the leftists. There would be an outcry about how "backward" a world we are for allowing self-determinism and the utter chaos of individuality.

Live a life where everyone is equal and of the same social class. Live life with the Borg[}:D]

11 of 92
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool...

"My Rocinante sails by night on her final flight!"

....Hey Legs, What's your fave song on Vapor Trails?   Does this one ROCK or what??

~smuggley
ps.  I think Earthshine is mine for now >;]
View Quote

Earthshine is cool. ilikethemall !!!
I going to see them Aug. 19th here in Dallas.
WaaaHooo!!!!!!
View Quote

July 12th here [:D]

I haven't really listened to Vapor Trails as often as I thought I would, I always seem to get sidetracked around AFTK or PoW LOL....I do miss the insane guitar solos, though.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Out of an [b]infinite[/b] number of systems I would hope they could find [i]one[/i] like ours.
View Quote
Very few stars are close enough for us to sample.  This one was 40 light years, which is only about 10 times further than the closest star.  These are all right in our relative neighborhood.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#15]
you have to wonder what alien babes are like. Seems like it'd open all sots of new possibilities.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder what kind of insects they have ?
Maybe they rule the planets there.

[img]http://images.animfactory.com/animations/insects/bees/buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Why does everybody always think that there are advanced civiliations out there? Who's to say that everyone else isn't cave men, and we're the most advanced????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top