Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2002 10:24:58 PM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,55163,00.html[/url]

Did you know that you can smoke pot and pray in the park with the blessing of the U.S. government? That is, if you're a Rastafarian…

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that Rastafarians can smoke marijuana on federal property because it is part of a religious observance. The decision refers back to our Constitutional 'freedom of religion' protection.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
How many people have they murdered in the name of that living god of theirs from Ethiopia?

None?  Gee.....

So your main beef with them is that they smoke cannabis, a drug less hamful than the legal drugs of tobacco and alcohol?

If you think rastas are bad, why dont you take a gander at the track record of the "religion of peace".
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
So you are one of THOSE, cowbell? Alcohol and tobacco LESS HARMFULL than dope? What kind of world would you create...dopers strung out in the parks, where kids should be playing? You have sh!t for brains fella...
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How many people have they murdered in the name of that living god of theirs from Ethiopia?

None?  Gee.....
View Quote

Prove it...cause I aint buying it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Does this mean the Fed Gov't is going to provide the KGB since it is illegal to obtain normally with the exception of medical reasons ?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 11:27:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So you are one of THOSE, cowbell? Alcohol and tobacco LESS HARMFULL than dope? What kind of world would you create...dopers strung out in the parks, where kids should be playing? You have sh!t for brains fella...
View Quote

By dope, I mean cannabis.  But even if by dope I meant heroin, dope is less harmful to society than tobacco and alcohol.

Dopers strung out in parks?  I dont know about you, but where I live it is the chronic alcoholics that stumble through the gutter where I am.  Never have I seen one smoking dope.

Even so, how many thousands of people die due to drunk driving, over-drinking, violence while drunk, or diseases caused by chronic alcoholism?  At least 500,000, I would wager.

At least .5m die from tobacco-caused diseases each year.

Yet how many violent crimes due to being stoned, how many cannabis overdoses do we see each year?

NONE.

We see more people die from overconsumption of aspirin than cannabis each year.

People smoke dope in a park in the name of religion?  I dont care.  And yet, we are supposed to tolerate a cult that promotes suicide bombing, presumably becuse it has been around longer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 11:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Come to my neighborhood and I will introduce you to some REALLY MELLOW dope smoking latino gang bangers...you think those guys will sit down with you and discuss social theory?
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What kind of world would you create...dopers strung out in the parks, where kids should be playing?
View Quote

Oooh, scary.  I had a terrifying encounter with a pothead in a park once.  I was bicycling on the trail that went through the park, and he was standing next to it and telling everyone who passed "Hiiiiiiiiighhhhhhhh!  I'm soooo hiiiiiighhhhh!!!"  His two dangerous buddies were standing behind him and giggling.

Utterly terrifying!  I switched gears and got my ass out of there before they tore me off my bike and started ripping and clawing at me!  Or maybe they just would've offered me a toke in exchange for some Doritos.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, Achmed, but that's in mellow WASHINGTON you cheesehead...you have obviously never had experience with California brand dopers...there are MURDERS all the time here friend by these social drop outs as they sleaze through life...but I know your type, "everything is ok"...you are a liberal in all but name...now go out to the street and let the black gangs beat up on you...
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I think those gangbangers would be dickheads without the pot, StormSurge. The pot doesn't cause them to go out and kill. If it did the high schools, concerts, and colleges would be sites of massive carnage every day. On the other hand, how many times has some drunk got loud and offered you an ass kicking? Can't count that high on my digits. Bet you can't either.

Let it be.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#11]
1. Rastas have killed in the name of thier God.

2. Dope is less harmful because it is not legal therefore less users. If "dope" were to ever become legal it would far overshadow all other controlled substances as the most dangerous.

3. Where is it written that only Christians can visit far off countries and force them to follow Christ? Bring on the Hindu, Daoists, Rastas!
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, Achmed, but that's in mellow WASHINGTON you cheesehead...you have obviously never had experience with California brand dopers...there are MURDERS all the time here friend by these social drop outs as they sleaze through life...but I know your type, "everything is ok"...you are a liberal in all but name...now go out to the street and let the black gangs beat up on you...
View Quote

No, you racist turd, that was in Chicago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]
How dare those Rastafarians ruin their [b]OWN[/b] health in front of everyone. They should be banned....for the children!

I guess im just a "liberal", maybe im just naive and these Rastafarians force people to smoke dope at gunpoint when there are no cameras around. Maybe i should be a "conservative" and make health choices for people through the use of government power-not like leftists do this or anything, but its for the common good, right?

So what if Pot became legal and more death occur per year due to poor health choices. Darwinism at work.

lib

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys are all looking at this wrong.  We need to start our own machine gun religion.  Shooting modern(post86) machine guns is part of our religious observance.  Thus we need to be allowed to skirt the law.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys are all looking at this wrong.  We need to start our own machine gun religion.  Shooting modern(post86) machine guns is part of our religious observance.  Thus we need to be allowed to skirt the law.
View Quote

[:D][:D][:D]

Yeah we could wave handguns around as holy symbols, and bullet keychains necklaces as crosses. Gunclubs would become churches and the Shooters Bible would....well be the Shooters Bible[:)]

Baptism's would be "by fire", involving a belt fed weapon fireing no less then 100 rounds of ammunition.

BRC and similiar events would become our Holy days and Ranges considered hallowed ground. Range instuctors would be our clergy and gun collectors our sages or theologians.

Lib-Acolyte of the Church of the "painfull" truth
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#16]
What I don't understand is why would a certain religious group be allowed to do something the rest of us aren't? But I don't have a problem with it, as it is a start. Laws against marijuana use for adults is rediculous anyway, and I agree that there are much worse (worse for health and society such alcohol, prescription drugs, etc..) legal products than marijuana. The biggest waste of tax money is our war on marijuana.

Link Posted: 6/13/2002 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top