Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2002 5:22:20 PM EDT
My wife still watches TV, while I gag.  Tonight she was watching CBS as they did a show on Catholic Priests accused of sexually assaulting little girls.
In case there’s one or two members out of the thousands on this board that haven’t figured this out here’s what’s going on:

The press has tried to cover for their friends in the gay community, by first saying these were just isolated incidents.  That blew up, so then they started calling these priests pedophiles.  The public are no longer rubes, and aren’t buying.

Now they have decided they need to divert attention from the gays, by finding any priests that may have gone after girls.  They can then claim it’s not just gays that are the majority of the offenders.
The problem is, again people aren’t totally stupid.  They know that the epidemic in the Church is heavily gay-related.  

The press is highly conflicted on this.  On the one hand, they viscously despise religion in general, the Catholic Church in particular, and they want to run with this story.  On the other, they want to provide cover to their gay friends.
Look for an emphasis on priest-female sex stories in the coming days, if not a sudden spate of Priest-animal sex stories.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching the liberal mainstream media dance to this has been predictable to this point.  It's fun to watch them dangle on the end of their rope.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I was talking to my wife about this exact problem this morning.  It is not heterosexual priests that are touching kids.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a solution for the Catholic Church: institute an all-female clergy [;D]

Anyway, I wonder if people are going to keep picking on the Boyscouts after this whole Catholic scandal thing.  Probably.  Gay adoption people will say that their cause is totally irrelevant to the priest molestation problem, too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got a solution for the Catholic Church: institute an all-female clergy [;D]
View Quote

A clergy without gender bias and allowing priests to marry would be steps in the right direction.

(These observations are from a non-Catholic and an agnostic.)
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Study after study has show pedophilia is no higher among Catholic Priest than any other Clergy. This attack is aimed at breaking down the Church ban on married Priest as if as if that would have any effect on a pedophile Priest. This is the start of attacks that will start with married Priest and will not stop until the probation against abortion is knocked down. The press does not like the Church because of its stands and are using this as a point of attack. They are doing to the Catholic Church what they have been doing to the “Christian Right” for years demonizing them and painting with a broad brush. The same thing they are doing to the Boy Scouts as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, bullshit.  The priests raped anything with a hole in it.  Most were little boys, but that's only because the priesthood is about 30% homos, and the ones who aren't don't care what sex the kid is.

What all you Catholic apologists don't bother to mention is that it isn't just the priests -- the whole Catholic Church hierarchy helped out in covering up the sexual abuse for decades.  Bishops, cardinals, lay workers, you name it.

Maybe some of you fools will wake up after a few years of hearing about priestly childcare activities and finally quit contributing to such a corrupt bunch of twisted perverts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#7]
One thing that really bugs the crap out of me about that "60 Minutes II" episode last night is, where are all the dead priests??

The moronic parents who were interviewed or discussed said things like, "get that priest out of here or someone's gonna kill him and it might be me!"  One pair of parents even "forgave" their priest for raping their daughter over a period of several years, starting when she was about six -- he'd come over for a visit and dinner, and go up to her room and "pray" with her ("Oh, God, I'm coming!") when she went to bed.

Why didn't the guy kill the priest?  The priest had buttfucked three of his four sons over a period of several years.

If/when I have kids, and if the wifey is a religion freak, I fully intend to have a little talk with the priest -- "Look, buddy, I don't give a shit about your imaginary friend up in heaven or what his rules are or that you're a priest.  I'm not one of you.  If you so much as touch my child in any way that I don't like -- a caress, a fondling, a rape -- I WILL kill you, without any chance for a confession or explanation or forgiveness.  If I'm rushed, I'll just blast your head off, but if I can arrange some time, I will slowly carve you into bloody chunks while you scream your lungs out.  Do you understand me?"
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#8]
My God!  The Wall Street Journal is in on the conspiracy now!
[url]http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110001842[/url]

Excerpts:

BY JOHN SHIELY
Friday, June 14, 2002 12:01 a.m. EDT

MILWAUKEE--As America's bishops gather in Dallas this week, they will confer on the troubles of their church without the official advice of the Most Rev. Rembert Weakland, until recently one of their most celebrated colleagues.

In May, the Vatican accepted Archbishop Weakland's resignation after it was revealed that he had paid $450,000 in hush money from church funds to a man who accused him of "date rape." [red][...][/red] the archbishop delivered his mea culpa at a special prayer service here. Amazingly, it was greeted with a 90-second standing ovation.

Well, I sure didn't feel like applauding. A few years ago I had an unpleasant close encounter with the former archbishop.  It had nothing to do with his noncelibate waywardness, but it did show a contempt for his constituents, the kind of  contempt that allows a prelate to misuse church funds, secretly defying the trust of those who had provided them.

[red][The National Catholic Reporter attacked Mr. Hiely's company, Briggs & Stratton, for moving some work overseas.][/red]

Not long after, Briggs & Stratton filed a libel suit against the National Catholic Reporter and began taking depositions. Lo and behold, we discovered that the archdiocese was a prime mover in the attack, as a reporter's notes revealed. A top archdiocesan official had spoken with the writer in an extensive interview that included polemical comments about Briggs & Stratton's layoffs and noted my Catholic affiliation. Under oath, the official denied recollecting that the interview had anything to do with Briggs & Stratton. [red][...][/red]

In another letter I confronted the archbishop with the depositions. He responded in a curious way. "I do hope you don't find yourself dragged into more and more unpleasantness . . .," he wrote to me. "The diocese has taken no personal stances concerning Briggs & Stratton and its executives and I do hope that we will not be forced to do so in any way." [red][...][/red]

These are the tactics of a man who thinks he can manipulate people, and public opinion, to his liking--and under the specious protection of secrecy and implied threats. The archdiocesan official had explained to the writer from the National Catholic Reporter--so we learned in discovery--that Archbishop Weakland often chose to pursue certain matters through intermediaries. For example, the official said, the archbishop had not wanted to get personally involved in the handgun debate, so he pursued it through the Interfaith Conference. Apparently the same tactic of activism-by-proxy was at work in our case.
View Quote

Just to highlight what drew my attention: [b]For example, the official said, the archbishop had not wanted to get personally involved in the handgun debate, so he pursued it through the Interfaith Conference. Apparently the same tactic of activism-by-proxy was at work in our case.[/b]

Although you guys don't seem to (want to?) recall it, I remember the Catholic Church attacking gun ownership of both handguns and assault weapons -- the very AR-15's you supposedly own and love.

So, are you a Catholic or a gun owner??  Are you a Catholic or someone who opposes the raping of children??

It sure sounds to me like you guys want to go on in denial.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Why don’t you crawl back into the sewer you slid out of.
Link Posted: 6/14/2002 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why don’t you crawl back into the sewer you slid out of.
View Quote

The truth hurts, doesn't it??  I noticed you folks clammed up real fast when I actually dared to point out that the church's hierarchy was complicit in covering up decades of abuse.  I believe the legal term is "accomplice after the fact", but ask a lawyer if you want to be sure.

It is truly a pity that the criminal justice system doesn't charge, try, and convict all of those bastards -- priests, nuns, bishops, cardinals, and Pope -- for what they allowed to happen to more and more children.

"Ooooh, evil CBS -- Ed Bradley actually pointed out bad things about the priests.  He should be stoned to death!  A witch, a witch!  Burn him!  Burn him!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top