Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 12:13:22 PM EDT
Dang!

TheRedGoat

Edited to add:  No, nevermind it was just clogged.  Had to rub it on some paper to make it work again.

Further updates as conditions warrant.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
OH MY GOD!  It's not a PREBAN pen is it?  Because once it's out of ink, that's it man.  No more hi-cap pens!!

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a postban.  Thus I initially was angry at the gubmint for the low capacity ink tube.

Luckily it was just a FTF/FTE.  Nobody got hurt and I kept it pointed in a safe direction at all times. (except when I licked it with my tongue)

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You licked what now?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
You young punks don't know how lucky you have it.  Back in the good ol' days we had 'pencils'.  They came in all shapes/sizes and hardnesses... but if it wasn't a number 2 then we were screwed.

Back then you could always tell the geek.  He was the one with his own sharpener.  They're all multi-millionaires now.  Damned geeks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to be careful with those postban's too... since they can't be unloaded, even when dissasembled.  They're still safer than the preban fountain type pens.  Those are known for spraying ink all over for no reason. Highly unsafe in untrained hands.

Glad to hear all is safe RedGoat!  Carry on writing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
TheRedGoat,

Hook me up with a free hunt and I can see what I can do about getting you a [red]"Dept LetterHead"[/red] for some postban HiCap pens..

[:E]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
What we in this "free country" where allowed to buy pre'94

[img]www.keysan.com/pictures/zbic0423.jpg[/img]

Amazing...
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Bunghole... The tip of my pen.  [:D]

Ilikelegs.. this is "Post here to get your post count up without posting"  LT explained how to do it.

Stealth... And you had to cut your own trees and whittle them down to a proper nub, right?  [;0]

M1QJ, thanks for your words of caution.  Is there a function check I should use to be sure it is still safe to use?

Cluster... ROFL, man, hog hunting when it is 94+ degrees is tough.  Much more fun to just fish, drink beer and relax in this heat.

Shadowblade, up hill, both ways, in the snow, with no shoes, right?

Cluster, that looks like an illegally modified pen, imho.  I think that might even be a violation of the board rules to post that pic.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I know what the problem was if it was a post ban than if obviously had a ftf because it didn't have a ink splash suppressor. thats why I paid $1200 for my preban.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
 Since it is a postban, make sure it is long enough, or else...
View Quote

K, will do.  

Seriously, just to be safe, I am now using a preban wooden pencil (number 2 of course).

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know what the problem was if it was a post ban than if obviously had a ftf because it didn't have a ink splash suppressor. thats why I paid $1200 for my preban.
View Quote

You got cheated.  Check for the desk lamp online coupon at SG and click it.  After selecting the postban pen, then remove the free desklamp from your order.  Turn around backwards in your chair and press ADD to cart.

Voila!  Instant discount.  

n00b

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#15]
That pen was not an American pen, was it?

If it was an American made pen, it would still be working now.

It was prolly a rice burner pen.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That pen was not an American pen, was it?

If it was an American made pen, it would still be working now.

It was prolly a rice burner pen.

View Quote

From the side of the pen...

"[b][i]BIC[/i][/b]round stic fine [b]USA[/b]"

Heck, those good old boys that made this piece of junk can't even spell STIC[b]K[/b] properly.  Geez!

aLL y0uR BIcs Are bel0Ng t0 Us!

Tatjana, I feel your pain.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#17]
What's a "Pen"?  [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You young punks don't know how lucky you have it.  Back in the good ol' days we had 'pencils'.  They came in all shapes/sizes and hardnesses... but if it wasn't a number 2 then we were screwed.

Back then you could always tell the geek.  He was the one with his own sharpener.  They're all multi-millionaires now.  Damned geeks.
View Quote

We had to scrawl crude shapes on our cave walls with a rock.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
You have to reinstall the pen s/w

Then update the drivers

Then you have to add an adaptor!

Then restart forty times.

After that call tech support and wait on hold for three hours.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys are depressing me.  Maybe I should just get out of the habit of writing altogether.  Too many laws, restrictions, capacity limits, manufacturers....

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What we in this "free country" where allowed to buy pre'94

[img]www.keysan.com/pictures/zbic0423.jpg[/img]

Amazing...
View Quote

Those are obviously fakes. Neither one has a bayonette lug attached. We all know that is one of the required evil feature for a preban.
View Quote

Well, I am pretty sure they are fake, but I just got this email from You-Know-Who....  (Hi BOG!)

"TheRedGoat,

Sounds to me like you might be interested in a full-auto pen-sear.

I can get you one, but it's unregistered, so it's your responsibility not to install it in any pens. For all I know, you want the sear simply because
collecting pen-sears is your "hobby". Perhaps you "just like the way pen-sears look".

Well, I am curious, because I have heard there are some pre-'86 DIAPS (Drop In Auto Pen Sears) floating around out there.  Anyone know if this is legal or not?

TIA

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Can anyone tell me how difficult it would be for me to modify my #2 Pencil to accept an ink cartridge?

I'm thinking of something along the line of a '92 Bic injector series in either blue or black ink.  Unless I'm going to write at night in which case I would like to use red ink.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#24]
You have to reinstall the pen s/w

Then update the drivers

Then you have to add an adaptor!

Then restart forty times.

After that call tech support and wait on hold for three hours.
View Quote

So, it's a [b]Microsoft[/b] pen?z
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me how difficult it would be for me to modify my #2 Pencil to accept an ink cartridge?
View Quote

Not sure.  But I heard of a guy that did it once and it looked Sweeeeeet!

I'm thinking of something along the line of a '92 Bic injector series in either blue or black ink.  Unless I'm going to write at night in which case I would like to use red ink.
View Quote

Oh man, post pics!

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Sometimes you can get "empty" ballpoint pens to write again by scribbling on the sole of a tennis shoe to get the ink flowing again. I used to sell these pens to supplement my MWFCRCE income.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top