Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 12:06:47 PM EDT
I went a little crazy at the gun shop today. I went to pick up my Browning Stainless Stalker 22-250 with Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel an Leupold VX-IIc 6-18x40 scope. When I came in to pay, Ed said that he had something to show me before I left. Well, he had just gotten 2 Benelli M1 Super 90s and he didn't have to convince me to take it home. Here is the haul from today.
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Benelli.jpg[/img]
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Browning.jpg[/img]
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/BarrelCF.jpg[/img]

And now a question. I was under the impression that I could [b]not[/b] put a longer mag extension on the M1. Is that correct?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't get that at Elk Castle did you?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Euless Guns and Ammo.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Mojo, all I will say publically is that they cost me a whole lot of pretty pennies. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Dang!

I was hoping you were posting pics of a new sweetie of the two-legged variety.  

TheRedGoat

Bring them to ETH's and we will try that 22-250 out at 400 yards against propane tanks.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Will do TRG.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went a little crazy at the gun shop today. I went to pick up my Browning Stainless Stalker 22-250 with Christensen Arms carbon fiber barrel an Leupold VX-IIc 6-18x40 scope. When I came in to pay, Ed said that he had something to show me before I left. Well, he had just gotten 2 Benelli M1 Super 90s and he didn't have to convince me to take it home. Here is the haul from today.
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Benelli.jpg[/img]
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/Browning.jpg[/img]
[img]http://webpages.charter.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/BarrelCF.jpg[/img]

And now a question. I was under the impression that I could [b]not[/b] put a longer mag extension on the M1. Is that correct?
View Quote
Bunghole, you did well my son. Everyone's screamin' for Bunghole's Benelli.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not with that evil pistol grip still attached:

THE GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968, PUBLIC LAW 90-618

TITLE 18, UNITED STATES CODE, CHAPTER 44

§ 921. Definitions

(30) The term "semiautomatic assault weapon" means -

(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of -
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the
weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

D*mn, Bunghole, you don't mess around, huh?  You big spender.  BTW. How much are the toys?
View Quote

Dang Mojo (AKA - "Mr. class 3")! Who are YOU calling a big spender?![:D]

Nice toys bunghole!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#11]
The trigger on the Browning is pretty nice right out of the box. It has absolutely no creep and an crisp break at 4.25 pounds. It's still a little heavy but I think I can get used to it. Oh, the trigger on the Benelli is very nice too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks GovtThug, I wasn't sure what the capacity limit was for SA shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Guns and 4-wheelers are a poor substitute for poon. I'm just trying to keep myself happy. [:D] You're on Mojo.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]
you f*&king bastard I hate you.

I need to get a higher paying job damnit [>Q]

hold on maybe I'l just use my enlistment bonus to buy and m16 [:D].

by the way do you actually have any reason to have a rifle like that or a shot gun in that configuration. because if so more power to you, but if not [b]excellent[/b]. like I alway say it not that I have a reason to buy a .50 caliber, because thats not the point. it's more like I have no reason not to have a 50 [:D].

excellent find.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Actually. my job doesn't pay enough to support my gun habit. I just got a check from State Farm for my car that was totalled.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh yeah, I don't have a need for these firearms in these configurations. I just wanted them. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Bunghole - I'm with ah1z, I hate you too[:D]

How much does the Browning weigh and how does it shoot? I always wanted one with the carbon fiber barrel, but I figured it would be too light to get really good accuracy.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nice for a day in the shop.  That is a bunch of money to throw down in one day on non-Class 3 stuff!  Good to hear about the trigger on your Browning.  My Stalker 7 mag breaks like a glass rod at 4 lbs.  I would like to bring the weight down a little bit but I don't want to mess with it.

Edited to add: Nice tile BTW.  Just helped my brother in law, or rather he helped me, install [i]very[/i] similar tile in his kitchen.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:32:47 PM EDT
[#22]
The bathroom scale shows a weight of 6 lbs. I don't know how accurate that is though. It does feel very light.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Very nice for a day in the shop.  That is a bunch of money to throw down in one day on non-Class 3 stuff!  Good to hear about the trigger on your Browning.  My Stalker 7 mag breaks like a glass rod at 4 lbs.  I would like to bring the weight down a little bit but I don't want to mess with it.  
View Quote

Actually I don't think I could have even bought a Vector Uzi for what I have in this deal. I got a really good deal on the Browning.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Does that 6lbs include the scope?

That would be great for long hikes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are no such limitations stated in the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#26]
You are rich in more than mere money, Sir

The M1 is a gem
The rifle a work of art

Some say you can not buy happiness.
I say you have to buy it in two parts.

Part # 1 can be many things but they must have part # two to make you happy

Part # 2 can only be two things AMMO or GASOLINE

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#27]
The A-Bolt's trigger is adjustable! You may be able to lighten it by turning a small screw that's accessible only after removing the triggerguard. It should be in the manual.

I know Brownings aren't a big hit with the tactical crowd but IMHO they shoot very well.

Anybody else ever miss-spell tactical as tacticle. I gotta get my head out of the sewer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The A-Bolt's trigger is adjustable! You may be able to lighten it by turning a small screw that's accessible only after removing the triggerguard. It should be in the manual.
View Quote

You are right.  I had seen that screw before but was not sure what it adjusted.  I'll have to try it.
[url]
http://www.browning.com/products/manuals/abolt2/abolt2.htm#Trigger%20Adjustment[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 5:45:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Thanks for the tip about the trigger adjustment. I ran it all the way in and the pull is 2 lbs. or less.
Link Posted: 6/13/2002 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Where have you been hiding, DPeacher?
View Quote

I've been hiding out down here in South Austin...We're all here 'cause we're not all there![BD]  Quite a few Austinites on the board, but dang it's hard to get'em to go shoot'n.  Worse then herding cats I tell ya!  The only one who I've actually been able to hook up with is Maddog50, and that was only once!  If everything works out I should be able to go to ETH's place, but there are quite a few sockets, sprockets, and springs, that need to be adjusted, timed, and greased before I can commit to going there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top