Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2002 12:01:50 PM EDT
The young radical arrested in the dirty bomb plot [b]IS A UNITED STATES CITIZEN[/b]. So, he would not have been fingerprinted under your harrass the visitors plan....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
So we can plan on all future terror bombers being US citizens?  Do you think Osama has more followers who are US citizens, or more who are non US citizens?

And must every step we take prevent every single future possible terrorist attack?  We should not even bother to check the borders with Canada, because they might come on a boat.  After all, if it did not help in one particular circumstance, it will obviously not be helpful in ANY circumstance.  Right?

See you on page 9!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So we can plan on all future terror bombers being US citizens?

And must every step we take prevent every single future possible terrorist attack?  We should not even bother to check the borders with Canada, because they might come on a boat.  After all, if it did not help in one particular circumstance, it will obviously not be helpful in ANY circumstance.  Right?

See you on page 9!
View Quote

Well, if we fingerprinted [b]EVERYONE[/b] the dude in custody right now might have left prints somewhere where we have been collecting "suspect" prints. Just saying that it reinforces my point that if we are going to fingerprint, we need to fingerprint citizens, too. And why does a case that [b]CLEARLY[/b] shows United States citizenship does not guarantee someone has the best interest of the United States at heart invalidate the need to either fingerprint everyone or accept that we are harboring enemies. I support the Constitution. But in a war, things often have to be adjusted. Just simple math...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I support the Constitution. But in a war, things often have to be adjusted.
View Quote

Yikes.  You are scaring the crap out me Scott.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Especially since this "war" will probably never officially end!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The young radical arrested in the dirty bomb plot [b]IS A UNITED STATES CITIZEN[/b]. So, he would not have been fingerprinted under your harrass the visitors plan....
View Quote

Not this idiocy again!

Since he's under arrest now, I'll bet he's already been fingerprinted.

So how come you're not screaming and screaching that fingerprinting this maggot and all other arrestees "won't stop all terrorist attacks"?

MAYBE... because fingerprinting in-and-of-itself is NOT SUPPOSED TO PHYSICALLY STOP TERRORIST ACTIVITY - it's simply one more investigative tool. [b]Get it?[/b]

And BTW, speaking of "tools" [b]DScottHewitt[/b], [i]morderli[/i].
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
[/quote]
Yikes.  You are scaring the crap out me Scott.[/quote]
Heard that!
WTF is going on with this? This dirty bomb Ahole committed a crime on U.S. soil and is a U.S. citizen, let our courts take care of it. Then on the other hand you have John Walker or whatever the dirtbags name is that was captured in Afghanistan during a military operation. His crimes should be dealt with by the military not a civilian court. Everything is backwards. Are we in bizarreo land? What happened to the Bill of Rights?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
This is what I was worried about.  Since this is "war" do we have an alternate set of constitutional laws that apply?  This is wrong, this fella needs to be charged and treated like any other suspected criminal that is a US citizen.  

I see this as a never-ending war...which in reality it is.  There will always be people that hate the US.  There will always be people that plot terrorist attacks on the US.  So does that mean that we now live under a new set of rules that will become the norm?  

I really just don't like this...and it worries me more that most accept this as a good thing (detaining US citizens as military combatants, creation of a new cabinet position linking all the internal federal police under one umbrella, the new homeland security push and all that is coming along with that).  I voted for Bush and had high hopes for what he'd do for the country, but everyday I am more and more disappointed at the civil liberties that he seems to be trashing in his "war on terrorism".  instead of doing things "for the children" we now are "fighting terror".  Unfortunately the average American citizen is no longer thinking critically about his/her civil right, because if they were I can't help but feel there'd be more political backlash to these heavy handed moves by the federal government.

I just hope that everyone remembers one thing...once the government gets power from the citizens, it becomes down right impossible for the citizens to get that power back.          
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Dear-Sweet-Baby-Jesus-on-the-half-shell,

Not Again!

Will SOMEBODY please hijack this thread and run it into the ground???

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, he would not have been fingerprinted under your harrass the visitors plan....
View Quote

Actually, this guy had priors so his fingerprints were already on file.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm just saying. If we had started fingerprinting incoming aliens on 9/12, we still would have missed this guy. Just pointing out that fingerprinting, while it would probably let us catch some of the people leaving prints in the caves, would miss the Osama groupies (like this guy) who are United States citizens. Referring to John Walker. He could have taken the tack of reconning and such, like this guy supposedly is. And we would not have known about him, either. Cause his prints from the caves would not be compared with his prints, since he is a citizen. I'm just pointing out a hole in the theory that printing incoming aliens will stop terrorism. This is an example of how it will fail (at times) to do so. Sorry no one is seeing that....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Sure, fingerprinting will fail "at times."  But having only one terrorist attack is better than having 7 or even 2.  And while Osama may have a few US citizens in his ring, his supply is hardly limitless.  Judging by the two losers we have in custody, they are probably not his highest quality operatives either.  Maybe if Osama did have thousands of citizen operators, then we would have to start making some very hard choices.  

Lets hope this loser was the ace in Osama's sleeve.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#13]
the dirt bag was a double murderer at 15 y.o. !!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
the dirt bag was a double murderer at 15 y.o. !!!!!!!
View Quote

Then they should have had his prints. Was he maybe busted by "cave prints"? BTW, when the US gets to the point of printing us, it will be a "boiling a frog" type scenario. By the time it happens, there will be almost no public opposition or outcry....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
His prints were already availible from the Florida State Penal System.

I like taty, But shes just dead wrong on this.

Before the Oklahoma City Bombing Timothy McVeigh was involved with a German guy who was in the new German neo-Nazi movement, whom many think was involved in the bombing.

My point being that we sould fingerprint and keep tabs on EVERYBODY of Foriegn origin that comes into this country...incuding Swiss Cutie Pies that know alot about ballistics.

Come to think of it, were there not many X-Nazis that moved and took up residence in Switzerland after the war? seems like there are a few Neo-Nazi types running around in Bern as well as Berlin.

As a matter of fact I do wonder what our little friend Taty is doing running around in this country on her own, Her knowlegde of firearms is TO GOOD, even for someone brought up in the Swiss system, Her knowledge of Military topics and trade craft is also quite good, as is illistrated on this site.

In fact I feel quite sure that Taty is better trained than the so called Dirty Bomber of which we speak.

So with all these facts in mind, I can't figure out how Taty, thinks that we Should not fingerprint her, or be aware of her movements.

The taty's of this world are much more dangerous than goof balls with Tennis Shoes filled with Explosives. If Taty had built that bomb 1.) she would'nt a been wearing it, and 2.) we would be looking for peices of that jet liner on the bottom of the ocean right now.

So as for crying about your taty's rights as a non-citizen...Well, all I have to say is "Nice Try Taty, but we're going to keep an eye on you anyway". We just can't let people from other contries run around where ever they please, with talents like yours.

If however Taty feels that see needs trust in a country that is at war and living under the threat of terrorist attack with weopons of mass destruction...I suggest that she buy a dog.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#16]
The whole point of having a written Constitution and making every office subservient to it in the first place was to prevent people from "adjusting" the laws beyond certain limits.  

If the Constitution needs "adjusting," call a convention and start working on an amendment.  Call me when you've got the votes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell I give up. Earlier this evening I posted a topic dealing with the very same thing but on a larger scale AND provided a news article that argued both sides to give people something to play off of. Two people gave a sh*t. I guess you have to kick Tatjana around a little in your posts so the suckups will take an interest an thus get everyone elses attention. Slowly but surely you learn how things work around here although thats a path I don't think i'll follow. As you were.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not Again!

-legrue
View Quote

He was a [b]DIRTY STINKING MEXICAN[/b] (like they all are) and he hated [b]JEWS[/b] (rightfully so!) because of what happened to the [b]USS LIBERTY[/b]. He might have even been a [b]MULATO[/b]!

From what I read he also was pro-abortion even [b]LATE-TERM ABORTIONS[/b]!! (it's the [b]MOTHER'S CHOICE[/b] you know)

I think he also was arrested as a juvenile when instead he SHOULD have been in public school learning all about the FACTS behind [b]EVOLUTION, GLOBAL WARMING, GUN CONTROL[/b] and [b]SEX EDUCATION[/b] by [b]HOMOSEXUAL/TRANSEXUAL TEACHERS[/b] (ya' know teachers are part of the one of the biggest [b]UNIONS[/b] that own the [b]DEMOCRATIC PARTY[/b] leaders like [b]HITLERY CLINTON[/b] and [b]TED KENNEDY[/b]).

While in prison he converted to [b]ISLAM[/b] (the religion of peace), like that fellow [b]MIKE TYSON[/b],. And is probably also a follower of Nation of Islam leader [b]LOUIS FARRAHKAN[/b] (he's a [b]DARKIE[/b] you know!).

Whew, that should do it!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not Again!

-legrue
View Quote

He was a [b]DIRTY STINKING MEXICAN[/b] (like they all are) and he hated [b]JEWS[/b] (rightfully so!) because of what happened to the [b]USS LIBERTY[/b]. He might have even been a [b]MULATO[/b]!

From what I read he also was pro-abortion even [b]LATE-TERM ABORTIONS[/b]!! (it's the [b]MOTHER'S CHOICE[/b] you know)

I think he also was arrested as a juvenile when instead he SHOULD have been in public school learning all about the FACTS behind [b]EVOLUTION, GLOBAL WARMING, GUN CONTROL[/b] and [b]SEX EDUCATION[/b] by [b]HOMOSEXUAL/TRANSEXUAL TEACHERS[/b] (ya' know teachers are part of the one of the biggest [b]UNIONS[/b] that own the [b]DEMOCRATIC PARTY[/b] leaders like [b]HITLERY CLINTON[/b] and [b]TED KENNEDY[/b]).

While in prison he converted to [b]ISLAM[/b] (the religion of peace), like that fellow [b]MIKE TYSON[/b],. And is probably also a follower of Nation of Islam leader [b]LOUIS FARRAHKAN[/b] (he's a [b]DARKIE[/b] you know!).

Whew, that should do it!
View Quote

He is also Joseph Mengala(SIC) and kidnapped the Lindberg baby....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#20]
The_Mac: I think you just about covered everything there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Now THAT'S a hijack!
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hell I give up. Earlier this evening I posted a topic dealing with the very same thing but on a larger scale AND provided a news article that argued both sides to give people something to play off of. Two people gave a sh*t. I guess you have to kick Tatjana around a little in your posts so the suckups will take an interest an thus get everyone elses attention. Slowly but surely you learn how things work around here although thats a path I don't think i'll follow. As you were.
View Quote

Boo hoo. Everyone pay attention to Doom Patrol so he doesn't feel unwanted.

Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn...I missed something as I've been sort of busy and had jury duty this week.

Is tatjana ok?  Was she hurt badly?  I sure hope not...she's one of my favorites.

Jim
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not Again!

-legrue
View Quote

Whew, that should do it!
View Quote

Thanks Mac.  I owe ya one! [beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top