Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2002 6:46:24 AM EDT
This morning I get a phone call at 5:45 am. It turns out that earlier this morning someone broke into the retail store that I manage. Great joy.

That does not suprise me, but what does is the items they stole.

They stole very FEW valuables. Now my store sells videogames and is located in a strip mall. They stole only one of each major system (PS2, Xbox and a Gamecube), and a small number of cheap games that were all on one shelf. The total value of all the items was only $1300.
This was a smash-n-grab style theft, so I figured that not much would be taken. But they went through A fair amount of trouble to break into the store AND get into the back room, all to just take away an armload of stuff? Surely they must have known the police response time would have allowed them to get away with more...
Maybe I should just be thankful they got away with so little, but something still doesn't sit right with me... Does anyone think that round two is coming soon?

Anyway, I gotta go back to the store and try and find out what's going on...
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#1]
bummer.
any possibility of an inside job? any teenagers with keys? sounds like someone wanted to PLAY the games.

did i just profile teenagers?
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I knew a couple Bad Boys in high school, and believe me, 15 year olds are capable of fairly sophisticated and calculated crimes.

Police response time was a factor, as well as covering their tracks before, during, and after the crime until all that was left was cash.

Their downfall - a smash and grab that netted over a 100 k cash after burning checks and credit card receipts, and a PO'ed ex girlfriend.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, you are Blond Bombshells boy friend right?

Exactly were do you unlucky people live??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Liquid_Snake: I am glad all you were missing was $1,300 of property and no one was hurt. There was a robbery at a bicycle shop around the corner from my house. The kid wanted to steal $300 bicycle, but instead the kid shot owner and killed him. The 15 year old kid was sentenced to juvenile prison until he is 25. For $300 lousy bicycle! I know you pobably feel violated, but count your blessings.
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IIRC, you are Blond Bombshells boy friend right?

Exactly were do you unlucky people live??

Sgtar15
View Quote

Yup, he's my sweetie... And we unlucky people reside in Greenville, NC.. We thought we were getting away from the crime and nonsense from where we were originally from in NY, but I guess its everywhere..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top