Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2002 3:05:41 AM EDT
[size=6]Demonstrators halt London concert by Israeli singer Nini[/size=6]

[i]By Sharon Sadeh, Ha'aretz Correspondent and Ha'aretz Service[/i]

"Amid growing concern over anti-Semitic and anti-Israeli violence in Europe, demonstrators repeatedly interrupted Israeli singer Ahinoam Nini during a London concert, grabbing her microphone and chanting "Palestine, Palestine!" before musicians and security guards ejected them, witnesses said Wednesday.

They said that at one point in the Monday concert, Nini began crying as protesters got up on stage, to the booing of the crowd and counter-chants of "We love you, Noa (her stage name abroad) - We're with you, Noa,".

The incident occurred while Nini was participating in a Mediterranean music festival held at the Barbican concert hall, the Yedioth Ahronoth daily reported Wednesday. A spokesman for the Barbican told the paper that pro-Palestinian organizations had demanded the cancellation of Nini's performance."

I saw twice her concerts in Italy, and she always spoke in favour of peace and for the creation of a Palestinian state beside Israel.

That's the reward for her will of peace...
Link Posted: 6/12/2002 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

.........she always spoke in favour of peace and for the creation of a Palestinian state beside Israel.

View Quote

The majority of the citizens of Israel favor a Palestinian state and peace with the Palestinian people.
However, not the government of Israel.  And to make things immeasurably worse, waiting in the wings we have the next leader of Israel, "Benny-the-Gnat."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top