Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/11/2002 4:16:28 PM EDT
Typical.
I should expect no better from the Good Old Boy network, should I?
Shame on both of you.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was locked because of all the bitching, moaning, griping and a general lack of anything resembling a conversation.

Sort of like this one.....
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
dont know what happened but.. just let it go..

Im really impressed you refuse to bow down to the Mods ,,,  now go ahead and move on..

[argue]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Not going to mention any names, but lets see how long this thread takes to be blanketed by ~75 two-lined replies.

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Read the damned threads to see why I am so angry.
Read the one about the "Illegitimate Babies" to see why I am so furious.
Read how some narrow-minded prigs were allowed to insult more than a few of our members here.
Then tell ME about "courtesy".
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Well then, raf, nothing personal, but perhaps you should read what happened previously  before you lock down a thread.
Sometimes, this stuff is quite warranted.
And, BTW, just what sort of censure do you all plan to apply to ETH for so abusing his position of power?
This time, he insulted decent board members with his narrow views.
What is acceptable here, anyway?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#15]
No, ILL, no poll......what was said, stands.
At least 4 board members, (and probably more), were called bad names for something that was out of their control today, by some narrow minded religious fanatic.
"Visiting the sins of the parents upon the children".
And not you, nor any of ETH's little minions can erase that.
I want justice for bad behavior by a Mod.
That's all.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:50:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:57:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have communicated with two of those members on (and off) of the Board this evening, and neither of them are upset with anything ETH said.  Your rage is not shared.
View Quote

Well, you could have communicated with me, my e-mail is in the profile, and I certainly was outraged. Now that makes 2:2, doesn't it?
Calling anybody ho', jackass, bastard, etc. is being [i]moderate[/i]? I certainly didn't notice the term "bastard" being a term of endearment whenever it was used the last couple of months.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just walked in on this out-of control screeching match.
View Quote

The only one [i]screeching[/i] insults that I remember was ERIC. Read my posts again, and you'll notice that they are written in the calmest tone of voice one could possibly imagine.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Raf, I was not referring to you as a "minion".
As a a matter of fact, you are utterly irrelevant to this whole topic, other than that you locked it without bothering to see what had happened beforehand.
And Beekeeper, I have never minded the term "bitch" when used appropriately.
You damned well know that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Christ, I suppose I can't refer to female canines as "bitches" anymore without you going apeshit wild.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

The topic wasn't "canine females", and it wasn't animals being insulted, but AMERICAN MOTHERS. Now I don't care what YOU call YOUR mother, but I bet she wouldn't appreciate being called names like that.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:03:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Post from Hannah_Reitsch -
My point, oh self righteous bickerer, is that you felt free to insult those born out of wedlock, although you admitted causing a "near-miss" yourself.
View Quote

'Bastard', Hannah, is a legal term. Period. Look in the nearest Black's Law Dictionary. It has been that way throughout the ages, and some new fangled ideas about how both women and men should comport themselves when it comes to raising children will not alter it one damn little bit!
And by using your pathetic dictionary attempts at German, you called Kar some very filthy names without knowing or caring how personal your insults might be.
View Quote

I called [b]Kar98[/b] nothing of the sort! Is that what [b]Kar98[/b] believes, or is this your own thoughts?

Let [b]Kar98[/b] tell me whether he believes I called him a 'bastard' or not! I won't hear it from you!
And yes, a distant cousin can be a friend, DUH!
View Quote

That's precisely why I asked, DUH![:D]
Along the way, you also denigrated some other board members, due to your peculiar and self righteous ideas.
View Quote

Can you give me a list of those members names so that I might personally apologize to each and every one of them? BTW, what was it that I was supposed to have called them?

And insofar as my ideas being peculiar and self-righteous, I cannot think of any state in this Union that does not distinguish between the rights of a legitimate child and those of an illegitimate child. So hardly peculiar!

Self-righteous? Hannah you are a jerk, when I determined that I may have offended [b]Kar98[/b] by what I had said, and how he had interpreted it, I immediately apologized, and told him something of my own personal life to make him feel more at ease!

That's how we do things down here in Texas! As you may hopefully, after swallowing some Teutonic anti-insolance pills to cure you of what ails you, might one day learn!

I assume that 'Es tut mir leid' still means I'm sorry in my poor dictionary German, huh?

Once again, summon [b]Kar98[/b] to speak for himself in this regard! I have no faith in [u]your[/u] rendition of how he feels!
You should immediately resign your moderatorship, due to having, knowingly or not, violated board rules.
View Quote

How so? Let me hear this!
And, as nice as I have tried to be about your dogmatic beliefs, you obviously deserve no more respect for tham than to be called "Xtian". G-Man, and a few others, deserve the title of Christian. You, are merely an Xtian, Eric.
View Quote

Don't bother any longer. Your 'niceness' was rather thin, if it was there at all.

BTW, you are simply going to love East Texas!

They are my kind of people!

Be sure and explain to one and all the differences between Christian and Xtian!

They'll get a real hoot outta that![:D]

Eric The(YeeeHaaawww!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I'm pretty new on here with only 130+post (I lurked for about a year, but didn’t need any more vices at the time).  I have not yet seen the thread that E.T.H. allegedly insulted other members.  I personally believe that type of behavior would be out of character for him. I have read a lot posts he has participated in and believe he has always contributed something worthwhile to a topic. Now I don't know E.T.H. from Genghis Khan, but I do think of him as an asset to the AR15 community. Well I am off to read this controversial thread….
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Read the damned threads to see why I am so angry.
Read the one about the "Illegitimate Babies" to see why I am so furious.
Read how some narrow-minded prigs were allowed to insult more than a few of our members here.
Then tell ME about "courtesy".
View Quote

[center][size=6][red][b]Issues[/b][/red][/size=6][/center]

[img]http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/assets/Rabid.jpg[/img]
Issues has an issue and she wants it to be everyone's issue. The discussion could be about fondue pots and Issue would rage about the multinational corporate conspiracy to exploit fondue pot workers. Of course, Issues is found among all ideological persuasions - anti-gun mothers, gun totin' mothers, bloodthirsty feminists, troglodyte misogynists, politically correct, politically incorrect, lefties, righties, vegetarians, carnivores, radical Rotarians - it doesn't matter. [b]HINT:[/b] An effective tactic to employ against Issues is indifference. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Look, it's easy, Eric, all you have to do is to say something along the lines of "I am sorry, I went way over the line calling members of this board jackass and similar terms, and I am now aware that it is quite inappropriate to call American mothers ho', bitch, or their children 'bastard'. I see the error of my ways, and will try to be more [i]moderate[/i] in the future."

How is this?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Like sands through the hour-glass---These are the days of our lives.

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Post from Kar98 -
Well, you could have communicated with me, my e-mail is in the profile, and I certainly was outraged.
View Quote

It's finally nice to hear from you, Sir! So, my apology was insufficient, I take it? That's what Hannah's been saying, is that what you believe?

I think I have explained this sufficiently. My German may be lamentable, but your English seems quite capable of understanding this:

Do you think that I purposefully called you or any other member on this Board a name? A bad name?

I await your answer on this.

In the meanwhile:
Calling anybody ho', jackass, bastard, etc. is being moderate? I certainly didn't notice the term "bastard" being a term of endearment whenever it was used the last couple of months.
View Quote

Ho, jackass, bastard, are certainly not terms of endearment, but I was not under the impression that by becoming a Moderator I was giving up my right of free speech.

I surely have let others speak of me in any way they wished!

Have I ever locked one of your threads? Have I ever deleted any of your posts? Have I ever taken any actions against you whatsoever?

I await your answer on that, as well.

Eric The(Patient)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hope this can all be resolved and we can get back to hating our true enemies.  [:)]
View Quote

[img]http://www.lewrockwell.com/elkins/schumer.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Let us just all agree that this little spat is all about Eric's support of Israel.

I never thought I would quote Imbroglio.

Just stop it childrenz.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I just picked up on this thread after work today, and I don't get the outrage.

Having a child outside the bounds of matrimony creates a "bastard", textbook definition.  I believe that the term was originally intended for the purpose of defining paternity for the purpose of inheritances and the subsequent distribition thereof.

No one is blaming the child for the poor reproductive choices of the parents.

In my read and reread of the posts, admittedly just my interpretation as a Native English speaker, I fail to see anyone being personally assailed with that word.  The mother (and father, be he known), were subjected to some generalizations about their character.

Several people have volunteered personal information about their status.  None were attacked there either, to my knowledge.  The child's birth as a bastard is no more their fault than being adopted, and I am sure that many here were raised by adoptive parents as well.

Are people here getting a bit overly sensitive?  This topic has been pretty thoroughly flailed with a lot of righteous indignation.

Can't we all just get along?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Ahemmmm

[img]http://www.midol.com/images/home_r10_c2_f2.gif[/img]

edited to add....in case anyone was wondering ....YES my wife did just slap me up side the head for posting this.

Damn I love that woman.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#40]
My panties are in a knot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#41]
X marks the spot
X= the unknown value
Mr. X the unknown the non existent
X the substitute place holder for the unknown value
Christmas becomes XMAS for those who wish to replace Christ and assign him the unknown value or the assign Him the non existant name..
As Xtian becomes those who believe in nothing or the X value as Christ is removed even from that faith..
Its an anti-christ sort of a thang...

As the words JEDEM DAS SEINE proudly proclaim the way to Buchenwald the infamous Nazi Death Camp...where millions of Jews were butchered and burned by the Nazis...of course unless you are of the Holocaust denial school?
[url]http://fcit.coedu.usf.edu/holocaust/GALL32R/BUCH04.HTM[/url]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hope this can all be resolved and we can get back to hating our true enemies.  [:)]
View Quote

The People's Front of Judaea? ;)
I'm cool, man.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[img]http://www.lewrockwell.com/elkins/schumer.jpg[/img]

View Quote

Truer words were NEVER spoken.

Compared to what Chuckie Schumer's done, and what he wants to do, what's happened here tonight seems insignificant, No?
View Quote

Is it bad to feel the intense urge to kill every time I see the evil grin on his face in that picture?

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Maynard:
The "pissing down the leg" thing is a violation of board rules and a personal petty attack.
I don't piss down my leg over ANYTHING, as anyone who knows me could well tell you.
Cool it with the petty bullshit attacks.
You have no idea who you are talking about.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Maynard:
The "pissing down the leg" thing is a violation of board rules and a personal petty attack.
I don't piss down my leg over ANYTHING, as anyone who knows me could well tell you.
Cool it with the petty bullshit attacks.
You have no idea who you are talking about.
View Quote

I see quite a few personal attacks directed at you in this thread. Where's DonR when you need him.

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Let us just all agree that this little spat is all about Eric's support of Israel.

I never thought I would quote Imbroglio.

Just stop it childrenz.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top