Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 2:51:55 PM EDT
[url]http://www.spokesmanreview.com/news-story.asp?date=060802&ID=s1162517[/url]

A judge on Friday sentenced a former Stevens County sheriff's reserve deputy to community service after he pleaded guilty to his role in the firing of a machine gun in a residential area.
View Quote

"He feels very sorry for the stress and strain this has caused the people whose home was invaded by gunfire," Craven's attorney, Bevan Maxey, said after the sentencing in Stevens County Superior Court.
View Quote
I bet.

Judge Larry Kristianson fined Cravens $1,000 and sentenced him to 120 hours of community service after he pleaded guilty to discharging a firearm. Prosecutors originally charged him with illegal possession of a machine gun and reckless endangerment.
View Quote

Clark and Spurlock both were charged with illegal possession of a machine gun and with obstructing law enforcement officers. Clark was also charged with reckless endangerment for allegedly firing one of several machine gun bursts that sent 9mm bullets into two neighbors' homes and through a pickup canopy.

View Quote

What do you suppose would happen if I were to go out into the back yard an dump a 30 rounder from my AR (let alone an illegal machine gun) into the neighbors house? $1000 bucks and some community service? Yeah right.

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I am glad to see that he wasn't put on "administrative leave"
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what his real job is? Most of our reserve officers are wealthy professionals. That may have had more to do with his light sentance than anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top