Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2002 1:50:07 PM EDT
Why did we have to cheapen citizenship in 1952 when Congress passed the Citizenship and Nationality Act, which allowed that simply being born on US soil (and protectorates) conferred citizenship.  Before that, immigrants like my wife's grandfather (from France) had to gain citizenship before their US born offspring were allowed citizenship.  Obviously the results were more beneficial to the fabric of the society as history and english skills were imparted and accepted as part of the bargain.

You'll notice the two items in bold from this Act that are a prime source of our national insecurity.

k. [b]Introduced the alien address report system whereby all aliens in the United States (including most
                                     temporary visitors) were required annually to report their current address to the INS.

l. Established a central index of all aliens in the United States for use by security and enforcement
                                     agencies.[/b]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well how about motor voter laws. Where an illegal alien can get a driver license the right to vote and welfare. There are many on the left that are pushing for this and if I remember right you in Kalifornistan have some form of it!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do we allow people to become citizens that served in
another countries military?

Why should we give new citizens the right to vote? Like they
should come over here and tell us how to do things.

Pregnant women should be allowed entrance in to the USA with
the following stipulation. If they give birth to their child here it will
be declared a citizen of their home country not a citizen of the USA.
Also they are to be responsible for any medical bills encored.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Serendipity:

[url]http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw020609.html[/url]
[b]Our Civilization in Decline[/b]

A "mini-industry" has developed in which pregnant South Korean women plan U.S. vacations, apparently for the sole purpose of gaining automatic American citizenship for the babies. [Los Angeles Times, 5-25-02]

[i][u]News of the Weird[/u] is a sorta-weekly column by Chuck Shepard.  Stories in it are true.[/i]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Serendipity:

[url]http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw020609.html[/url]
[b]Our Civilization in Decline[/b]

A "mini-industry" has developed in which pregnant South Korean women plan U.S. vacations, apparently for the sole purpose of gaining automatic American citizenship for the babies. [Los Angeles Times, 5-25-02]

[i][u]News of the Weird[/u] is a sorta-weekly column by Chuck Shepard.  Stories in it are true.[/i]
View Quote

A Recipe for Decline, I agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top