Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2002 1:42:04 PM EDT
With all of the recent Moderator bashing going on, I would like to offer a suggestion or three.

1. Make everyone a Moderator. We would all be responsible for Moderating ourselves, not anyone else.

2. Elevate the status of the current Moderators to a new level called 'Ubermoderators' and give them the power to lock threads and topics and even to expel any of the 'normal' Moderators. The Ubermoderators will have these responsibilities and will answer only to Staff and Senior Staff for their reasons for any disciplinary actions.

3. All 'normal' Moderator's accounts can be locked, frozen and/or expelled for life. If a Moderator is expelled for life, they will need to wait 3 to 6 weeks. After a 3 to 6 week cooling off period has elapsed, they will be returned to their previous status and will be wecomed back to Ar15.com as heros and long lost brothers.

4. There will be many opportunities for different Moderators to gather and enjoy the company of new friends and fellow enthusiasts. Each Moderator will have a requirement to attend at least 2 of these events each year. The BRC will count as fufilling this requirement.

5. Moderators will never know all of the rules and will always be afoul of at least some of the rules. The Ubermoderators will know all of the rules because they are clearly listed.....somewhere like the Forum Conduct Code.

Please list any other policy changes that you think may work.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What a great idea.

I want to be Steyr Aug personnal Moderator.  I will follow each and every post of his making sure it conforms to Board Conduct!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe we can all sit around a campfire together, burn some incense, and sing Kumbyah too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought I already was an [b]Uebermoderator![/b] I was just waiting for the new shiny medal that came with the lifetime appintment!

You mean I'm not?

Eric The(QuickCallThatCarDealership!CancelMyPurchase!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
We already [b]ARE[/b] our own moderators. That's what the "Edit Post" and "Delete Post" icons are for.

Otherwise, I think things are pretty good as they are.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We already [b]ARE[/b] our own moderators. That's what the "Edit Post" and "Delete Post" icons are for.

View Quote

That was EXACTLY what I was saying. Admittedly it was tongue-in-cheek, just not very funny. My fault.

BLIT, aren't we old enough to Moderate ourselves?
Some of our members may be twice or three times the age requirement to take care of themselves.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, I firmly believe that aroung 20% of the people here are under 18 and dont even own an AR15.

Sgt(Buttheydoownasupersoaker)ar15
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What a great idea.

I want to be Steyr Aug personnal Moderator.  I will follow each and every post of his making sure it conforms to Board Conduct!!
View Quote

Ooh ooh! Can I be DSAFALS personal moderator? [}:D]

Shotar, you get kentstate4. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What a great idea.

Sgtar15
View Quote

You mean you're NOT doing that already?!?

Christ, I tought you WERE a moderator?!?

Why have I been taking shit off you?!?[BD]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
how do i become more than just a member?  Teamar15.com or moderator?  ect.??
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What a great idea.

Sgtar15
View Quote

heh! heh! heh! Sgtar15, you really like the guy, do you???[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How about all you guys can be mods, supermods, and super-dupermods?  Just let me be just a member.  All of you guys can moderate me.
[:D]
View Quote

Yea, I don't want any responsibility either.  You guys have at it.  I have enough crap in my life without taking on someone elses.

Of course if I am voted in as 'super-dupermod' then I will just boot everyone for life and let everyone start over. [evil grin]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone be VOTED in as a SuperDuperUberModerator? Isn't that a office handed down by God kind of like a King or Queen?

If we can vote, I would like to nominate.....ME and vote for.....ME! And since this is my thread, my vote counts for exactly one vote more than I need to win the election!

I will endeavor to rule in a very subtle manner. In fact, if I perform my royal duties in the manner I expect, none of you will ever know that I am the Grand High Exalted Chief Poobah!!

Let my reign commence!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a great idea.

Sgtar15
View Quote

heh! heh! heh! Sgtar15, you really like the guy, do you???[:D][:D][:D]
View Quote

He is my first true love[:X][:I][:X]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#17]
... ya'll need a life
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Paul THE Moderator HAS OFFENDED ME ON THAT (TEENS ARE THE TRUBLEMAKERS) BIT
IM A TEEN AND I DONT CAUSE TRUBLE
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That was EXACTLY what I was saying. Admittedly it was tongue-in-cheek, just not very funny. My fault.

Some of our members may be twice or three times the age requirement to take care of themselves.
View Quote

Wiggy:

I got it, and thought it was funny.

Too many people here taking themselves WAY too seriously.

Keep up the fire!
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Well, far be it from me to have an opinion, but anybody named Winston Wolf would [i]naturally[/i] be the only Ubermoderator who could clean up some of the messes we get around here.

[Edited because every dang time I post, I make a mistake]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Paul THE Moderator HAS OFFENDED ME ON THAT (TEENS ARE THE TRUBLEMAKERS) BIT
IM A TEEN AND I DONT CAUSE TRUBLE
View Quote

Kind of difficult to have caused trouble with a post count of 5. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Eric The(QuickCallThatCarDealership!CancelMyPurchase!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

YOUR Yugo dealer is out of bidness anyway !
Ed, Sr., and the Goat have the last YUGO dealership in the country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top