Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2002 9:28:42 AM EDT
This weekend I was in Colorado Springs, and my friends and I rolled up on a stopped car. Two people inside had been shot, so we called 911 and did what we could until cops and EMT's showed up. I directed traffic, while my friends tried to calm the wounded woman and check the vitals on the unconscious man. There were two nurses who also tried to assist, but most people just stood around with their thumbs up their asses, getting in the way.[:(!]

I'll be a happy man if I never see that again.[V]

Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The only real shooting victim I've seen was in the ER waiting room in a Nashville hospital some years ago. He seemed to have a single shot to the abdomen and was in quite a bit of pain. (I was there to get treatment for a puncture wound from an ice-pick-size thorn through a finger.) Don't know why he got shot or how he ended up; seemed like business as usual late on a Monday night as I remember.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:48:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Spearweasel you and your friends did the right thing.
Y'all should be proud.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn did you find out what happened?
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#4]
damn Spear... that must have been an experience!

I agree with ARH... you did the right thing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Good job. Unfortunately I have had been around a few occurrences where help is needed and some people just flip, then I had to try to deal with the situation and get that person out of the way.  It is unfortunate but some people just can't stay level headed when they most need to.
Link Posted: 6/11/2002 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Good job. Welcome to the "wonderful" world of an Emergency Service Responder. Hope you never have to see something like that again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top