Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 7:55:25 PM EDT
Why?  It tastes like what I imagine paint thinner would.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It has  less of the impurities that brown liquors have, especially high-end vodka that is filtered multiple times.  These impurities can exacerbate hangovers.

It has no taste, so it lets the flavors in drinks mixed with it take center stage.

Some people (like me) don't particularly like the taste of whiskey/bourbon.  Vodka's an alternative.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it, but then again I'm not a big fan of whiskey.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:01:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ahhh, I remember my first beer too.  

16th birthday?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It has  less of the impurities that brown liquors have, especially high-end vodka that is filtered multiple times.  These impurities can exacerbate hangovers.

It has no taste, so it lets the flavors in drinks mixed with it take center stage.

Some people (like me) don't particularly like the taste of whiskey/bourbon.  Vodka's an alternative.

It has a taste, it's just not a pleasant one.  I like whiskey every now and then, but this is just bad.  It's Smirnoff triple distilled 100 proof.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh, I remember my first beer too.  

16th birthday?

I'm in my late 30's...just don't like vodka I guess.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've known two over the top alky's, the kind that are obviously trying to kill themselves with booze... both drank straight vodka or vodka and water.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has a taste, it's just not a pleasant one.  I like whiskey every now and then, but this is just bad.  It's Smirnoff triple distilled 100 proof.

Well, I mean a taste other than the ethanol taste.  Whiskey tastes like ethanol, plus all the nuances derived from the barrels it's aged in.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've known two over the top alky's, the kind that are obviously trying to kill themselves with booze... both drank straight vodka or vodka and water.

That's because it is less aromatic than gin or whisky.  Harder to detect if they happen to still be employed somewhere.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

well your first mistake is going with a 100 proof (depending on how you are drinking it)

i usually have a few glasses a week, always on the rocks (I have never understood why you dilute a drink with some sugar water) and have learned that the more expensive it is the better it taste My favorite is Ciroc, you can even taste the frost snapped grapes in it, but I lived off of red label Smirnoff for years.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Admit it, you are intriged by this.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because it is less aromatic than gin or whisky.  Harder to detect if they happen to still be employed somewhere.

Bullllllshit.  Vodka is really easy to smell, especially through your skin.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well your first mistake is going with a 100 proof (depending on how you are drinking it)

i usually have a few glasses a week, always on the rocks (I have never understood why you dilute a drink with some sugar water) and have learned that the more expensive it is the better it taste My favorite is Ciroc, you can even taste the frost snapped grapes in it, but I lived off of red label Smirnoff for years.

2nd mistake was Smirnoff
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont get it either. The best vodka has no taste. The best it can do it make otherwise bring drinks into something that can get you drunk.

Give me something that has been sitting in charred American white oak barrels in a Kentucky rackhouse for at least a dozen years; with all those beautiful intricate flavors.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I dont get it either. The best vodka has no taste. The best it can do it make otherwise bring drinks into something that can get you drunk.

Give me something that has been sitting in charred American white oak barrels in a Kentucky rackhouse for at least a dozen years; with all those beautiful intricate flavors.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Vodka in general sucks ass.  Tastes like rubbing alcohol.  Bourbon or Scotch FTW, and none of this pansey mixing stuff.

Cucumber vodka, OTOH, rocks.  See my GD thread on that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top