Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 6:10:15 PM EDT
I'm looking to replace a bunch of tired old parts in my Silverado and keep reading about Moog. I've never used any of there parts but it seems that there quite popular. I'm wanting to hear some first hand experience to see if there worth the extra cost.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
A bunch of times,  I never had any problems with them
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#2]
GTG.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup top quality with lifetime replacement on some parts.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
They worked well when I rebuilt the front end of my 74 Javelin.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you want your front end parts to fit properly and last a long time, you want them to come in yellow and blue boxes that say MOOG on them.

THIS
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Moog is better than AC Delco...why??
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you want your front end parts to fit properly and last a long time, you want them to come in yellow and blue boxes that say MOOG on them.

THIS

Yep.

They are (or were) the good stuff.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#10]
if you use MOOG parts your truck should be able to make all kinds of cool sounds
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Good to know. Looks like Summitracing has Moogs pitman arm for just a few bucks more than Autozones Duralast one
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

AC Delco makes parts to OE specs. Moog tends to improve upon the design and "seem" to last longer. AC Delco warrants the parts for 3 to 12 months, Moog warrants many for life. Also in many cases the OE parts do not have grease fittings whereas almost all Moog replacement parts do. As long as the vehicle is PROPERLY lubed a greasable part will last almost forever.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
if you use MOOG parts your truck should be able to make all kinds of cool sounds

I see what you did there.....

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Moog was the go to front end parts when I worked in a gas station 35 years ago.

I just put some of their stuff on the front end of Ford pu. Fit like a champ and didn't have that cheap crap look about it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Greaseable Moog ball joints make the Ford Superduty's biggest failing a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#18]
MOOG is good stuff you will not be disappointed
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#20]
They are generally considered the most expensive "Top Shelf" front end replacement parts. Well worth the few extra bucks IMHO. I don't like having to redo front end work. Do it once and do it right. Follow the install with a good alignment and be done with it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I can't speak for what is being produced presently, but 5 years ago Moog was about the best you could get.  Most of the parts were engineered to be an improvement over the factory part.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Moog fixes alot of OE problems. They are GTG.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but Ford and GM have a couple of different parts lines, similar to most chain parts stores honestly.

When talking front end parts, the "lower end," AC Delco and Motorcraft, they're typically made in the same Chinese shithole as mass produced chain store house brand parts.  If I remember right, for example, when I was at the dealer the Motorcraft branded part was not really approved for use in performing warranty repairs.  That oughta tell you something.  AC Delco and Motorcraft branded suspension and brake parts were designed to compete with the chain store parts, offering a decent part at a similar price that came in nice packaging that lead you to believe you were buying factory parts, which you were, kinda, but you weren't.

Motorcraft brake pads for example have base part numbers like 2V200 or 2V001 (I think).  The "V" stands for "value," and these brake pads come in pretty red, gray and white boxes that look suspiciously like the boxes chain store brake pads come in, and they usually don't have the backing shims and clips and whatnot with them.  Real deal OEM Ford brake pads come in plain jane brown cardboard boxes, usually with all the shims and anti rattle hardware, and they omit the "V" in the base part number.  Circa early 2000s, I remember the Motorcraft pads listed at like $38.95 a set, while the same Ford brake pads started at about $80 a set.  There's a reason for that.

Now, don't get me wrong, AC Delco and Motorcraft branded parts are good shit for certain applications.  Electrical stuff, good to go, just not the greatest for front end and brakes, IMO.

I used to work for a major automotive aftermarket parts chain. We sold ACDelco and Motorcraft branded parts (although not specifically brake pads that I remember, except for the emergency brake shoe/ring things on the GMT-800 trucks) in addition to various store brands and I always had much less in the way of customer complaints/problems with the ACD/Motorcraft parts whenever I could talk the customers into using them. This was especially true with bigger ticket items like compressors, starters, alternators, batteries, etc. I was taught a lesson pretty early on, that the guys who design cars are pretty smart, and you're better off not messing with their design unless you are smarter than they are (including aftermarket parts with inferior components, altered design, or chinese garbage).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top