Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 3:37:49 PM EDT
More than a year ago I got a Droid X. I fell in love it and the Android OS. I especially liked the 720p videos I could take of my grand kids. After having that Droid X for 11 months it dawned on me to have a family get together and show the grand kid videos on our 46" Visio using the HDMI port. That's when I found out the HDMI out didn't work. Anyways, after the usual frustrating calls to Verizon and Motorola, Verizon said they would replace the phone with a refurbished one because it was still under warranty.

Great, I got my new refurb phone and the HDMI out works great. The replacement phone had a 3 month warranty.

Two months later I started having problems hearing the person on the other end of the line, the speaker would work just fine but the earpiece volume started to fade. I called Verizon and as I was talking to customer support the earpiece quit altogether. After doing the mandatory factory reset Verizon tech support caved in and sent me yet another Referb with yet another 3 month warranty.

If this one dies out of warranty what should I get?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Verizon?  Droid Prime if you can wait a little bit.  They'll announce the release date on 10/11.

Your story is why I don't fuck with refurbs.  Not worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top