Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 10:46:41 AM EDT
I want o be able to record tv shows. I went to the big box stores and none off them sell a DVR that is free. They only sell the Tivo like devices. all i want to do is record a show at a specific time.

So how do I do it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want o be able to record tv shows. I went to the big box stores and none off them sell a DVR that is free. They only sell the Tivo like devices. all i want to do is record a show at a specific time.

So how do I do it?

we have a Samsung DVD recorder.  its like a VCR but it records to DVD.

here is info. http://dvd-players.toptenreviews.com/dvd-recorder/
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So how do I do it?

Get a TV tuner card for your PC?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I seem to recall reading that you can use a Tivo  without the subscription, you just don't get access to the guide and thus can only record by time/channel, not by show title.

google "using tivo without subscription"

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So how do I do it?

There's your problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top