Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 4:52:56 AM EDT
This thread is a shameless plug for the movie 'Courageous'.

I believe that what Christians call 'revival' isn't a church meeting that lasts for three days that results in emotional manipulation, but, rather, a renewing of Godliness in the way people live their lives, even in the most mundane aspects thereof. As such, I think this movie does an excellent job of showing what 'revival' would look like - men being men, in the home.

You may hate the movie. You may hate the message; you may say it's a bit cheesy (and I won't argue) but if you have, or ever plan to have a wife, or kids, please, please go see this movie.

The vast majority of our nation's problems today can be traced to the breakdown of the home, and this lies at the feet of fathers and husbands who are too selfish, whether that makes them walk away from their pregnant girlfriend, or just spend too much time on hobbies that don't matter (and as gun nuts, we all run that risk).

Watch the movie. Love your wife. Raise your kids. Please.

http://www.courageousthemovie.com/
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I wanted to go see it Friday but I have the kids by myself for the weekend.  Mom's out of town on a trip with her mom.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#2]
A friend wanted me to go see it, so I read the reviews and watched the trailer.

As someone who tries to be a "no drama" kind of guy, they really turned me off.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't wait to see the movie!!

The song by Casting Crowns really gets me fired up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Seen it last night. Good movie and one that will be added to the home video library.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I plan on seeing it sometime this week
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
This is an awesome movie. It really brings into focus the lack of 'man hood' in the men of our society today. My wife and I are expecting our first child TODAY and I can't wait to be the kind of father God expects me to be.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is an awesome movie. It really brings into focus the lack of 'man hood' in the men of our society today. .

Amen.

My wife and I are expecting our first child TODAY and I can't wait to be the kind of father God expects me to be.

Congratulations. Ours is due in about a week.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Never even heard of it, but will check it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top