Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 4:15:57 AM EDT
It was horrible.  Now looking at the rotten tomatos I have no idea why folks are saying this is a good movie.

It.

Was.

Boring. Dull.  It was a hipster action movie.

I expect a movie titled drive, to you know have car chases and stuff.  What I got was 1.5 car chases.  The beginning chase was a joke, an impala that sounded good aaaaaaaand nothing else.  It did build suspense but I get blue balled...nothing.  The Mustang chase was good. So what the fuck happened with the rest of the movie.  Actually thinking about it, it was titled correctly.  I watched the main character drive the speed limit most of the movie in a Chevelle with cheese music.  Also lets not forget the 1 minute stare and smile sessions with the girl.  No sound, no music, just two people staring and smiling at each other.  It was like watching Twilight all over again.  

I thought they were going the way of 13 Assassins.  Build the characters and the story in the begining and then give the watcher something worth while. I thought it was GO TIME when he put on the mask, you know claw hammer + foot stomp = epic win on some scum bags...but nothing.  The only eye candy gets offed right quick and in a hurry.  The ex con husband and Ron Perlman were the only people that acted in that movie.

TL;DR - Waste of money in my opinion.  Dull/Boring. I was mislead by the title/commercials.  Expect an artsy "action flik" highlighted by some ultra violence. Should've waited for Redbox.  Should've watched Contagion/Warrior instead.  

This movie reminds me of The American with clooney.  If you've watched that, then you know what to expect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top