Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2011 1:40:20 AM EDT
So people say vaccinces cause Autism
People say vaccines cause more shit.

I am not sure what I was givin as a kid in the 80s 9MMR for sure, couldnt get into 6th grade without it.

This shot record is my Army (adult) shot record

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:33:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, I'd have to dig up my yellow card and then scan it.

Suffice to say that I had all of the regular kid vaccinations, then all the regular military ones, plus Japanese encephalitis, plague, etc. Then I got all the ones that the CDC recommends for travel to Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti and other such garden spots. Typhoid, Hep A&B, H5N1, Yellow fever, etc.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Man, I'd have to dig up my yellow card and then scan it.

Suffice to say that I had all of the regular kid vaccinations, then all the regular military ones, plus Japanese encephalitis, plague, etc. Then I got all the ones that the CDC recommends for travel to Iraq, Afghanistan, Haiti and other such garden spots. Typhoid, Hep A&B, H5N1, Yellow fever, etc.

Damn I thought I had a lot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that used to make me laugh too. Really, you're afraid of a flu shot?  I wished I could JUST get a flu shot while I was in instead of the constant barrage of vaccinations like anthrax, typhoid, and TSTS/PPDs. As of about 2005 Aventis Pasteur didn't recommend regular boosters for typhoid, which tells you that unlike flu shots there's probably some actual risk there. But there we were getting them every two years anyway, and I've yet to hear of any typhoid vaccine related illnesses.

Oh, and I feel obliged to make a comment about you young punks and your computerized shot records. Why in my day, you had to handwrite everything on a 601, sometimes in eight feet of snow...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, that used to make me laugh too. Really, you're afraid of a flu shot?  I wished I could JUST get a flu shot while I was in instead of the constant barrage of vaccinations like anthrax, typhoid, and TSTS/PPDs. As of about 2005 Aventis Pasteur didn't recommend regular boosters for typhoid, which tells you that unlike flu shots there's probably some actual risk there. But there we were getting them every two years anyway, and I've yet to hear of any typhoid vaccine related illnesses.

Oh, and I feel obliged to make a comment about you young punks and your computerized shot records. Why in my day, you had to handwrite everything on a 601, sometimes in eight feet of snow...

The Army is going away with paper, to include your shot records.

Who said I was afraid of a flu shot? Or any other shot?

I would like to see a cilvians record. Us military folk have all kinds of shots in us.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
What the fuck kind of icon do you get for that?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:45:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Army is going away with paper, to include your shot records.

Who said I was afraid of a flu shot? Or any other shot?

I would like to see a cilvians record. Us military folk have all kinds of shots in us.

My bad.  Not you, the ones that make a huge deal about flu shots. There should have been some quotes or something there, but it's early.
We started using electronic forms right before I got out, which was nice.  I remember everyone in the clinic spending entire days doing nothing but writing new 2766s for medical records and a couple years later one watchstander could do it in an evening. Electronic is pretty awesome once all the bugs are worked out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#7]

I am zombie proof.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I would erase the 1974 privacy act line from your image. Might blow some opsec guys fuse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top