edited.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck with this thread.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Good luck with this thread.

Damn. It's a train wreck, but I expected more...this is GD Sparta, after all...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#4]
"on the wagon" implies sobriety.

That being said, I get the good lemonade with pulp fromthe store and mix half and half over ice with stoli.  Tasty as hell
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That being said, I get the good lemonade with pulp fromthe store and mix half and half over ice with stoli.  Tasty as hell

Yes...."On the wagon"....

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Adjective
on the wagon

1.(idiomatic) Abstaining from drinking any alcoholic drink, usually in the sense of having given it up (as opposed to never having partaken).
1917: “Thank you, but; – er – I’m on the wagon, you know,” declined the youth. — Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Oakdale Affair [1]
2.By extension, maintaining a program of self-improvement or abstinence from some other undesirable habit.
He’s been on the smoking cessation wagon for two weeks now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#6]

I've been drinking Sailor Jerry's Rum this night/morning

edit: i'm lucking i can still use a keyboard.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say to just slow down.  I only have 1-2 beers on most nights that I drink and a max of 3-4, depending on strength.  

I suppose you could try to fool yourself by cutting it way down.  Besides, it's harvest season, specifically apples, you need some bourbon to go with some cider.

My favorite homegrown drink recipe

12 oz. apple cider

2-4 oz good bourbon

1-2 Tablespoons of REAL maple syrup

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:34:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes...."On the wagon"....

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Adjective
on the wagon

1.(idiomatic) Abstaining from drinking any alcoholic drink, usually in the sense of having given it up (as opposed to never having partaken).
1917: “Thank you, but; – er – I’m on the wagon, you know,” declined the youth. — Edgar Rice Burroughs, The Oakdale Affair [1]
2.By extension, maintaining a program of self-improvement or abstinence from some other undesirable habit.
He’s been on the smoking cessation wagon for two weeks now.

I'm speaking in ironic syncophantic glory......
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would say to just slow down.  I only have 1-2 beers on most nights that I drink and a max of 3-4, depending on strength.  

I suppose you could try to fool yourself by cutting it way down.  Besides, it's harvest season, specifically apples, you need some bourbon to go with some cider.

My favorite homegrown drink recipe

12 oz. apple cider
2-4 oz good bourbon
1-2 Tablespoons of REAL maple syrup

I love cider...but have you met my wife?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:08:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Slow the fuck down man.

Or get into bourbon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top