Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2011 9:57:30 PM EDT
It tastes so good, you can sit there for hours eating, but I keep burping and farting, and it's....awful. Mrsdoublaron is in for it tonight.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
In before some ignorant MF says it's dog or cat meat. The joke is old and it has never been true.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Never had that, but I have been to some Indian food buffets and that food kicks my ass every time, in a good way. We find the good ones around town and plate after plate usually leaves us pretty much useless for the rest of the day
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
It's dog or cat meat

Post 1776 FAIL
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't partake nearly enough
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Love it. There's some awesome places around here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In before some ignorant MF says it's dog or cat meat. The joke is old and it has never been true.

I was with you through the part in bold, I tire of hearing that shit too, however you lost me with the underlined part.

What do you mean its never been true?
Bosintang, gaejang guk, gaegoji etc... contain DOG.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat_consumption_in_South_Korea

And now that i am trying to remember.. I am not sure if I have had Korean BBQ.. I have had a few kimchee dishes... Now I must seek it out with haste, just to make sure.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's some of the best food in the world.  

Yes, it is.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was with you through the part in bold, I tire of hearing that shit too, however you lost me with the underlined part.
What do you mean its never been true?

Bosintang, gaejang guk, gaegoji etc... contain DOG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_meat_consumption_in_South_Korea

And now that i am trying to remember.. I am not sure if I have had Korean BBQ.. I have had a few kimchee dishes... Now I must seek it out with haste, just to make sure.

In the most common sense, Korean BBQ = Galbi or Bulgogi. These forms are (I won't say never) most commonly beef.

Dog is consumed in Korea, but as you pointed out in forms that aren't "barbecued".
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Korean BBQ is called galbi.  It is usually beef (rib meat) and sometimes pork.  Plenty of choices here in Seoul.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Just returned from two weeks in South Korea.  I could smell it everywhere I went.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I've heard dog tastes like pig if you cook it right.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Bulgogi for the win! cooking it at your table yourself is fun although it smokes the place out.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

In the most common sense, Korean BBQ = Galbi or Bulgogi. These forms are (I won't say never) most commonly beef.

Dog is consumed in Korea, but as you pointed out in forms that aren't "barbecued".
Gotcha, I was taking it as a more broad statement as in Never been eaten there. and then provided evidence to further the whole issue of people making those comments at every mention...

damn... I am hungry now.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Had beef bulgogi for lunch today. Got a great Korean place right down the street.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Love me some Korean bbq.

Home cooked is soooooooooooooooooooooooo good.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

But dog and cat meat is quite good
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know in thailand the street vendor food that goes by the name "Chick-in" has paws on the end.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:03:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Never trust a fart.....In before this turns into a poop thread
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#21]
HECK YES!!  they put crack in their sauce!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's dog or cat meat

Post 1776 FAIL

Dont knock it until you try it

I'll give dog a try but not cat

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Kalbi with hot red bean paste FTW!  

http://i.imgur.com/awLdv.jpg

OH HELL YEAH!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone who doesn't think Koreans eat dog should try some Geh Yaki-Mandu . Didn't say I didn't eat it or didn't like it
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:57:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Really, because I have had dog in Korea before.  It is kind of pork like.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I know in thailand the street vendor food that goes by the name "Chick-in" has paws on the end.

Southern Thais, were most tourist trade happens, don't each dog or cat, plenty of insects but not dogs or cats.  

Northern Thais, around Chaing Mai, etc do eat dog.  So it is kind of a mixed bag there.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Mrs. Nicco61 says Koreans don't eat cat. However Norks probably eat ANYTHING they can get.
Dog in Korea is expensive and quite tender and tasty.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#28]
It is some good food.

Max
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Honestly I wouldn't really care if it was. If you knew half of the shit you eat, you wouldn't eat.

"Men who enjoy freedom and sausage, should witness the making of neither."
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:45:24 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't care for the stuff, but I love Goat Satay from Indonesia. Ate some dog there, too, but I found it tough and stringy and can't say that I cared for it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:56:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly I wouldn't really care if it was. If you knew half of the shit you eat, you wouldn't eat.

"Men who enjoy freedom and sausage, should witness the making of neither."

Exactly right. Meat is Meat!

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't care for the stuff, but I love Goat Satay from Indonesia. Ate some dog there, too, but I found it tough and stringy and can't say that I cared for it.

They didn't prepare it properly,dog meat has to be brined first then slow cooked to a delicious tenderness.

I find German Shepherds to be the most tender meat of the canine family.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:01:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's dog or cat meat

Post 1776 FAIL

You don't eat pussy?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

It's dog or cat meat

Post 1776 FAIL

Yeah well it's tasty, tasty dog or cat meat

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:16:27 AM EDT
[#35]
One of my favorites is daeji (pork) bulgogi.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Good stuff, but my stomach has trouble with it.  It's a "sometimes food" for me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Hmm, I seem to have missed out.  I'll have to try some.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#38]
After seafood BBQ in Seoul I had to have every shitter on Yongsan mapped out on my morning walk into work just in case......
Quoted:
Never trust a fart.....In before this turns into a poop thread

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's dog or cat meat

Post 1776 FAIL

I've eaten lots of pussy......

Oh wait....
you meant.. Uh yeah well...
LOOK at the time! I Gotta go!

By the way, Bulkogi ROCKS, and the Koreans do dog well...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Alright, now I want to eat a dog.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Mmmmmm .. BBQ Short Ribs...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#42]
don't like it...and i'm korean. I'm a vegetarian though...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Get this, I've lived in Annandale VA for the past 2.5 years, and anyone who's familiar with this area knows that the place is basically little Korea. I have never eaten Korean BBQ. The misses kept stonewalling me because she's afraid to try new things in strange places, especially when all the signs and menus look like chicken scratch.

Inform me. I'm moving out of the area hopefully soon and I want to know the basics about what to order before I go.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

It's some of the best food in the world.  

Yes, yes it is

I spent a year in Korea...

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#45]

(Quoted:

Get this, I've lived in Annandale VA for the past 2.5 years, and anyone who's familiar with this area knows that the place is basically little Korea. I have never eaten Korean BBQ. The misses kept stonewalling me because she's afraid to try new things in strange places, especially when all the signs and menus look like chicken scratch.

Inform me. I'm moving out of the area hopefully soon and I want to know the basics about what to order before I go.

Order up some Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) or some Kalbi (Korean Ribs)....and a side of Yaki Mandu (Korean style egg roll).

Try a little Kimchi and wash it down with a glass of Soju (Korean hard liquor).

It's tough to find good Korean food in the states....

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

(Quoted:

Order up some Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) or some Kalbi (Korean Ribs)....and a side of Yaki Mandu (Korean style egg roll).

Aren't Yaki Mandu more like dumplings or pot stickers?

I luv me some spicy and sour kimchi!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

(Quoted:

Aren't Yaki Mandu more like dumplings or pot stickers?

I luv me some spicy and sour kimchi!
Yaki is a half moon shaped egg roll kind of thing...

Don't know what's in it...but it is good

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#48]
One of the things I miss was peach water...

Lotte 2%

I could drink a gallon of that stuff

Always had a few liters in the fridge....
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Get this, I've lived in Annandale VA for the past 2.5 years, and anyone who's familiar with this area knows that the place is basically little Korea..

I get to practice my reading Hangul when I drive down the liver river turn pike to go to the NRA range every weekend.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Try living with a Korean.........

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top