Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 9:32:50 PM EDT
before picking up your rifle and engage in violence?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on if I'm trying to gain new rights or prevent the ones I have from being taken away.

No use complaining while everything around me goes to shit.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It depends on the situation, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It would seem like the logical progression of dispute resolution.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
How does it go?

Ballot box, soap box, cartridge box.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:51:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends if the opposition has rifles out already or not. Peace is awesome until the other side decides violence is their way to win an argument.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a hard time saying what I would do. Two weeks ago, we were having a conversation about this on our local Amateur Radio Repeater during the morning drive. Somebody listening on a scanner called the Sheriff's Department to complain.

Evidently the "vote from the rooftops" conversations scare the shit out of the libs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Depends on if I'm trying to gain new rights or prevent the ones I have from being taken away.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, with how well and cheaply surveillance can be done today I am not sure putting yourself on a future list of trouble makers makes sense.  It's not like we can truly resist the Federal government head to head, any real armed resistance at least initially will have to be covert and anonymous if you hope to have any success.

Edit:  Of course there goes my anonymity
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:04:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe in the exercise of the First Amendment.  However, I don't want to be in the presence or company of ACORN, SEIU, anarchists or commies.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#12]
"Peaceful" is not on my use of force continuum, I go from MYOB to FO in one easy step.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#14]

I like where your heads at.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:32:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It depends on the situation, doesn't it?

This.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How does it go?

I thought it was:

Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Cartridge Box.

Complain to your elected officials, vote new elected officials, remove the elected officials through traditional means... then the last one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:38:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I already do by growing a garden.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#18]
NO, that's not how it works. Don't worry I'm not coming.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I do it all the time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I do what I can.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#21]
No. The NYPD would pepper spray me and no one would give a shit. No one is gonna be on my side if I have to actually start shooting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#22]
The ammunition box is the absolute LAST resort.

Hell, it took the founder fathers 10 years before they finally decided to use the musket.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#23]
As long as the civil contract we live by stands, then I will abide by it.  While there are offices to run for, or courts to redress wrongs, then that is the way to go.

When that breaks down, and the civil authorites have run away or joined the thugs (New Orleans, anyone?) then peaceful gestures and a kind word are straight out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#24]
If you're going about your day not breaking any laws you ain't doing it right.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#25]
"Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?"
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If you're going about your day not breaking any laws you ain't doing it right.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#27]
If I'm going to be disobedient, I sure as hell am not going to be civil about it and give the cops a reason to beat the shit out of me.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's what she said.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I believe in the exercise of the First Amendment.  However, I don't want to be in the presence or company of ACORN, SEIU, anarchists or commies.

Very true.  You must be aware of you else is around you, because "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a losing strategy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does it go?

I thought it was:

Complain to your elected officials, vote new elected officials, remove the elected officials through traditional means... then the last one.

Well we've been trying the red for decades when do we decide that doing the samething over and over again and getting the same result is just a waste of time?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does it go?

I thought it was:

Well we've been trying the red for decades when do we decide that doing the samething over and over again and getting the same result is just a waste of time?

Battle of Athens
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
As long as the civil contract we live by stands, then I will abide by it.  While there are offices to run for, or courts to redress wrongs, then that is the way to go.

When that breaks down, and the civil authorities have run away or joined the thugs (New Orleans, anyone?) then peaceful gestures and a kind word are straight out.

They have all this in Iran, Iraq had it under Hussein, and many other totalitarian regimes have kept up the illusion of freedom but that doesn't mean anybody had or has any chance to really change things without violence. We too live under the illusion of freedom, we can vote in and out certain choices out of a few hand picked political elite but nothing ever changes. We vote out one party of crooks for the next that promises to clean things up but once they take power they're even more crooked than the last party. We've lost any real control over the govt. at the time this country was formed politicians put their lives on the line to take office. If they did something fucked up they would have to stand for what they did in a dual by anyone that challenged them or if enough people were pissed a group would get together and literally tar and feather them. Now politicians have nothing to fear, they can break laws, lie cheat and steal, even kill and nothing happens to them. The worst thing that might happen is they get voted out but as long as they towed the party line and didn't let any party secrets out, they go on to be given high paying do nothing jobs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes.

I don't fear acting in violence to defend my rights. However, violence is a last resort, after all other avenues have been tried and failed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Only if I think the government gives a rat's ass what I think, and I'm certain the Obama regime does not, they're governing against the will of the people and they know it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Throughout history peace has never accomplished anything...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top