Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2011 8:25:00 PM EDT
I'm sitting here watching TV just now after getting off work.  A commercial comes on saying along the lines "if you are pregnant you need to eat right and wic will teach you how to be healthy and help you pay for it too".
What the fuck, we not only have a good portion of the country on the dole already but now Virginia is running fucking commercials trying to get more on it.  They are spending that much more in tax dollars making the commercials, not to mention how many more leeches sign up for WIC after the commercial.

I looked it up on youtube and it turns out there isn't just one commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MyVDH1#p/u/3/BO00SPHbukA

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Rag me all you want, but I think healthy newborns are a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
And food stamps, and welfare phones, and...
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Cloward-Piven at work

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:39:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You too?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

Good grief. I hate the welfare rats as much as the next guy but not innocent babies.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

Good grief. I hate the welfare rats as much as the next guy but not innocent babies.

I think healthy innocent babies are a good thing, I think the parents paying for it is even better.
Everyone I know on WIC made no effort to buckle down and live within their means so they could afford the kid.  WIC was a no brainer.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
TN gives the welfare leeches cell phones with minutes. They advertise during the evening news.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I think if you can't afford to have kids, you shouldn't have them. That's how we've got ourselves into this whole mess of multigenerational welfare families.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Tupelo, MS has billboards telling people how many vegetables - and glasses of water - to consume in a day.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think if you can't afford to have kids, you shouldn't be rewarded with more money to have them. That's how we've got ourselves into this whole mess of multigenerational welfare families.

FIFY
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think if you can't afford to have kids, you shouldn't be rewarded with more money to have them. That's how we've got ourselves into this whole mess of multigenerational welfare families.

FIFY

That's a better way to put it. Expecting people to have any sort of responsibility or self-control was moronic on my part.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think if you can't afford to have kids, you shouldn't have them. That's how we've got ourselves into this whole mess of multigenerational welfare families.

Welfare should consist of cans of surplus produce mixed with birth control.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

I think healthy innocent babies are a good thing, I think the parents paying for it is even better.
Everyone I know on WIC made no effort to buckle down and live within their means so they could afford the kid.  WIC was a no brainer.

I don't know anyone who has been on WIC or welfare.

What I got out of that commercial is it teaches expecting mothers what their body requires in order to have a healthy baby.

-sp correction.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Who will likely grow up to be useless mirror images of parents?  Or so is the impression..

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
But I thought the South was a bastion of conservative ideals
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#16]
They run medicaid ads here all the time on the radio

"we offer free diapers and translators" well FUCK YOU !
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

What I got out of that commercial is it teaches expecting mothers what their body requires in order to have a healthy baby.

-sp correction.

Since I started this thread I have seen two more different commercials.  They all make it very clear they will buy food for you.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I understand what WIC is supposed to be. I have no problem with that.

BUTTTTTTTTTTT .... here is how stupid it has become. You cannot buy generic / private label stuff. It must be name brand stuff. So you must buy Jiff Peanut Butter .... but you cannot buy the cheaper Walmart / Kroger brand that is most likely made by the same people. And if you don't use ALL your WIC money, you loose it.

Now that my friends is our wonderful federal govt at work for us all.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How about the scooter chair ones.

IF WE CAN'T SCREW  MEDICAID INTO BUYING YOU ONE, WE'LL GIVE IT TO YOU.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do hate babies and old folks on their Little Rascals ?

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You too?

Then go give many to crack babies or whatever stupid shit it is that makes you happy; just stop expecting everyone else to pay for your stupid sense of 'morality'.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Tell me again in the constitution where it says I am responsible for paying for someone elses fuck trophy??
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

Same here.  There are a staggering amount of military families on WIC BTW.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

Staggering amount of those military families still have money for soda, cigarettes, cable, new cars, etc.  Used to see it every day.
But can't afford some milk and cheese.  Being in the military doesn't make WIC acceptable either.  Infact I seem to remember getting paid a housing allowance, and a Basic Allowance for Sustenance allowance.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

Sorry, that isn't the same thing as some fucking 18 year old slut on welfare because her drug dealing boyfriend didn't blow his load on her face instead of inside her. Military families who are on welfare or other programs, as long as they aren't being abused, I have no problem with. I know military pay is low, and sacrifices many, so if they need the help, then that's fine.

My girlfriend's sister is one of these fucking leeches. Got pregnant at 19 by a fucking debt beat loser who has never worked one month consistently, is a convicted criminal and a fucking abusive fuck to top it off. She's had the welfare, wic, every kind of grant and financial aid for her technical school, and she too has barely had a steady job.

But hey, it's great because idiots like me who work my ass off and pay just about 30% in income taxes alone get to pay for worthless fucking shit stains like them to live a care free life of happiness. At least her kid is healthy.

Oh, and to clarify, I don't hold anything against the child. Make the fucking parents work for their money. If they don't want to, take the kid away. If they don't want that, make them clean up trash on the free ways.

FUCK these leeches who expect me and others to pay for their fucking luxury after they've done irresponsible things. FUCK THEM.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Guy I used to sell cars with went to go those sell those what  freaking racket

IIRC he said they pay about 1.5K-2K for most scooters mark um up $1000 he got $500 the store got $500

but said it was a fair amount of work doing insurance and SSI/medicaid paperwork

takes up to a week sometimes but still he would move on average couple a week

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:46:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Then you are welcome to pay for them.  Don't force me to pay for them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#28]
i think if you are too stupid or too uneducated to understand basic nutrition, you shouldn't have kids.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not 10,000,000 a year, most subsiding on welfare they're not.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Welfare should consist of cans of surplus produce mixed with birth control.

I like this.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

While I agree with the sentiment, where does it end?  I mean, I think healthy children are a good thing as well...so keep paying until they're 18?  Welfare needs to end, all of it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

if you can't feed it (the simplest of things) how can you raise it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In this case I don't.

The healthy ones are more likely to reproduce.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tupelo, MS has billboards telling people how many vegetables - and glasses of water - to consume in a day.

Tampa has a billboard telling people not to get hit by a car.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:08:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh, don't forget the free phones too.

We have to stop all this garbage now, while we have a choice.   Otherwise, it will stop because society has crashed.

Stop the section 8 housing, HEAP (heating assistance), free insurance to infants, WIC, anything and everything.    

I know some worry about "the shildren" .   But, the facts are 90% of those precious spawn of satan will grow up just like their families, make more leeches, and thing it is cool, fun, and good while decent people are viewed as suckers.    

People make babies for sport.   People will stop being foolish when it hurts.  

There should be a way out for pregnant mom's that screwed up... and there is... it is called adoption.  

Don't breed what you can't feed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#36]
This is going to sound bad, but I don't care.

We need to let perpetually poor people die off. What we are doing as a nation is completely against the very foundation of nature. The strong, the adaptive, the smart must be allowed to advance while the weak and slow die off. Yet we continue to give be robbed from to feed those who won't adapt, won't work hard, don't do what it takes to survive. Every dollar spent on welfare is a dollar not spent on furthering our collective minds with more research and development of greater things. It's a dollar not spent on better education, the space program, military training. It's a dollar not spent to advance our nation to be ahead of the pack, but rather a dollar spent keeping us behind. It's a dollar spent accepting sloth and laziness. It's a dollar spent towards mediocrity. It's a dollar spent towards enablement and worse, entitlement.

So yes, while I agree healthy newborns are a great thing, it should NOT be the government's place to make them born that way. If they cannot afford medical care, if they cannot afford food, if they cannot afford a home, then they certainly cannot afford a child.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Not with my tax money! If you can't afford to pop out spawn it shouldn't be on me to pay for your spawn

In short fuck em!!

ETA guess I should donate to Planed Parenthood maybe less of my tax money would be wasted on welfare rats

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I agree with the sentiment, where does it end?  I mean, I think healthy children are a good thing as well...so keep paying until they're 18?  Welfare needs to end, all of it.

I didn't intend to be the whipping boy over the welfare debate.

My statement was about healthy babies, nothing more was implied.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

Yep.   Why should the leeches stop?   It is no skin off their backs.    They will stop when they either have to watch their kids starve or give them up.   We the other little ho's see their friends crying about giving up their babies, they might learn what a real man is and what a punk tailed little boy is.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You too?

Yep.   Why should the leeches stop?   It is no skin off their backs.    They will stop when they either have to watch their kids starve or give them up.   We the other little ho's see their friends crying about giving up their babies, they might learn what a real man is and what a punk tailed little boy is.  

But! But! Won't you please think of the babies?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't intend to be the whipping boy over the welfare debate.

My statement was about healthy babies, nothing more was implied.

Wasn't trying to rag on you, if only one form of welfare were to stay...I'd say WIC would be the one I'm least against.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

-sp correction.

Frankly, if they do not know in today's age of information (information age), they have no business cranking out babies which everyone else must fund.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

Staggering amount of those military families still have money for soda, cigarettes, cable, new cars, etc.  Used to see it every day.
But can't afford some milk and cheese.  Being in the military doesn't make WIC acceptable either.  Infact I seem to remember getting paid a housing allowance, and a Basic Allowance for Sustenance allowance.

QFT

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't, we just expect people to pay their own way and not dig into our wallets to pay for what they think they deserve.

Want a baby? Good, then you need to accept the responsibility both before it is born and after it is born.

Older and want a scooter? Good, then pay for it yourself and quit expecting society to buy one for you. Are you younger and a fatso and need one? Then lose weight and you very likely WON'T need one paid for out of societies pocket.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where does it end?   It ends when it hurts to be stupid.    Right now, stupid is rewarded.   We have to stop that.   Then, the foolishness will stop.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is going to sound bad, but I don't care.

We need to let perpetually poor people die off. What we are doing as a nation is completely against the very foundation of nature. The strong, the adaptive, the smart must be allowed to advance while the weak and slow die off. Yet we continue to give be robbed from to feed those who won't adapt, won't work hard, don't do what it takes to survive. Every dollar spent on welfare is a dollar not spent on furthering our collective minds with more research and development of greater things. It's a dollar not spent on better education, the space program, military training. It's a dollar not spent to advance our nation to be ahead of the pack, but rather a dollar spent keeping us behind. It's a dollar spent accepting sloth and laziness. It's a dollar spent towards mediocrity. It's a dollar spent towards enablement and worse, entitlement.

So yes, while I agree healthy newborns are a great thing, it should NOT be the government's place to make them born that way. If they cannot afford medical care, if they cannot afford food, if they cannot afford a home, then they certainly cannot afford a child.

I care.   You are 100% correct.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We don't, we just expect people to pay their own way and not dig into our wallets to pay for what they think they deserve.

Want a baby? Good, then you need to accept the responsibility both before it is born and after it is born.

Older and want a scooter? Good, then pay for it yourself and quit expecting society to buy one for you. Are you younger and a fatso and need one? Then lose weight and you very likely WON'T need one paid for out of societies pocket.

You do know what this-> means don't you ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You too?

I agree...now if we could teach these pregnant women to eat right and put down the heroin needle that would be a miracle
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#49]
In 1993 I was an E-5 and qualified for both WIC and food stamps.   (I don't remember ever taking the food stamps but we did receive WIC).   The thing about the WIC program then was that only certain items were permissible.  Lately everyone has seen the EBT's used for Monster drinks, Doritos's and Snicker bars or T-bone steaks.   The only steak I ate during those tight years were chuck or cube steaks.  

WIC provided our family with milk, carrots, canned tuna, cereal, raw beans, formula and peanut butter.   With three kids and the wife... 18 gallons of milk per month was overkill.  I don't think we used more than 10 ever and even now today we might use 2 or 3 per month.

These programs are out of control now!  
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Ever since obama, I'm seeing fed sponsored billboards all over the place promoting one kind of free or subsidized service or another. Makes me puke.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top