Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 7:18:34 PM EDT
Four lanes, going up a hill at about 55, 60. I'm in the fast lane and guy on a buffalo SV650 is next to me in the slow lane. He keeps looking over his shoulder for what I assumed were his friends, but for long extended periods rather than glances. Long enough so that if anything happened in front of the Escalade in front of him he would've been part of the back door before he knew anything happened. That was the first red flag.

So while he's doing this he's weaving around in his lane and getting awful close to mine. This happens about three or four times, the last time he actually crosses over my line just a bit in front of me and quickly crosses back. All the while looking over his shoulder directly behind him. So I back off and give him room to do it again, which he quickly did.

Now I ride too and can tell pretty easily when someone doesn't really have a clue. Squidward here was one of those guys. When I backed off he zipped into my lane, past the Escalade, crossed back over into the slow lane within about a car length of the other guy and continued to look behind him. Fortunately for him Escalade guy was paying attention and let off the gas, giving me a clear view of what happened next.

Squidward is swerving in his lane toward the shoulder and turns back around just in time to see the curb he is now heading towards, a few feet off the white line on the right shoulder. Hits the curb, whips the bike back into the lane while simultaneously grabbing a handful of front brake. Over the bars he goes in a pretty well executed flip, lands on his back and him and the bike do a few side by side cartwheels. I was waiting for the Escalade to make a speed bump out of him but again, fortunately for our rider, the guy in the SUV could drive.

There was a side road right there so I pull off, jump out and run towards the pieces of Suzuki. Rider had stood up, walked off the freeway and  laid down in the bushes. I pick the bike up, put it in neutral and roll it off the road. By the time I come back Squidward is up and wandering around on the freeway. The friends he was looking for showed up and everyone stood around with looks of complete fuck on their faces. I told dude he was lucky as shit, as all he had was some torn jeans and a stupid look on his mug. Got everyone off the freeway and left my # with Escalade driver who was gonna hang around and wait for the fuzz to show.

Yes some riders are stupid. No they don't deserve any special treatment from you. But if you see one doing stupid shit, just back off a little. It's easier than running them over.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
You witnessed a future Darwin contestant.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Target fixation.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You witnessed a future Darwin contestant organ donor.

FIFY.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Riders like him are why they call their bikes donor-cycles
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Why didn't you wait for the "fuzz" to show?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Target fixation.

Yep. Plus doing everything wrong from that point on.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
At least that gave his friends time to catch up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Because there was already two witnesses in the Escalade that elected to stay.

I did my part, got traffic moving again and headed off to where I had to be.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#9]
It was about once a month that I found myself driving past the scene of a motorcycle accident when I used to live in San Jose.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
By flying through the air, he was able to get further down the highway than you were.

Therefore, IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You witnessed a future Darwin contestant organ donor.

FIFY.

Can people catch teh stupid from his organs? Pass.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
By flying through the air, he was able to get further down the highway than you were.

When I saw the thread topic, I considered posting "In before swingset uses his favorite juvenile 'not fair' line." But then after reading the OP, I decided you'd have no reason to use it.

My mistake.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Makes you wonder if mr Squidward had been partaking of any substance prior to his ride.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Makes you wonder if mr Squidward had been partaking of any substance prior to his ride.

At a minimum he took a good size dose of fail.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I laughed.  

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I will bet my house that when he tells the story, he will blame it all on a "cager".
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I will bet my house that when he tells the story, he will blame it all on a "cager".

Maybe, but not all those are false either. I've had people legitimately try to hit me, cut me off with no regard for my safety then flip me off when I made eye contact with them. All the time.

Idiots abound, and choose various forms of transport.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#19]
If only he had loud pipes.
He wasn't thinking of "The Children" (TM)
Won't anybody think of "The Children" (TM) ?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Target fixation.

And most of those assclowns would have no idea what you're talking about.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Target fixation.

And most of those assclowns would have no idea what you're talking about.

The whole thing could've been avoided even after he hit the curb. He had two full lanes and all the stopping distance he needed with which to regain control but instead he panicked.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OP probably didn't feel like going on a fishing trip...

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#23]
If he was so concerned about where his friends were, why didn't he just simply slow down?

Don't answer that.

I ride too, but not with anyone else.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Of course in Squidward's mind this will all somehow be someone else's fault.

I've seen more dangerous riding like this from crotch rockets, yet it's Harley guys that get the bad rap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I've seen more dangerous riding like this from crotch rockets, yet it's Harley guys that get the bad rap.

I think Harley guys get a bad rap due to their tendency for a cult like worship of the brand name. Also, there are the "part time pirate" Harley guys that make us all laugh. They don't bother me and I wave to all of them because I understand the two wheeled lifestyle.

But I agree that the more reckless riding seems to be done by guys on sportbikes. Most of them haven't been to the track, haven't done the MSF course and often times aren't wearing gear.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Harley guys get a bad rap due to their tendency for a cult like worship of the brand name. Also, there are the "part time pirate" Harley guys that make us all laugh. They don't bother me and I wave to all of them because I understand the two wheeled lifestyle.  

But I agree that the more reckless riding seems to be done by guys on sportbikes. Most of them haven't been to the track, haven't done the MSF course and often times aren't wearing gear.

both groups fall under the "LOOK AT ME!!!!! banner
both groups FAIL
both groups give the rest of the motorcycle community a black eye
both groups cause more restrictive laws to be passed affecting the rest of the motorcycling community
I waana smack a sportbike squid up side the head for their "LOOK AT ME" shit as much as I wanna smack a "real biker" upside the head for revving the crap outa their motors OOOHH LOOK AT ME!! at a stop light on their pouseur pastry bikes
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You witnessed a future Darwin contestant.

Pelosi voter.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:53:48 AM EDT
[#28]
When I was in Iraq, we had a ton of guys who had never been on a motorcycle in their life suddenly always talking about the motorcycles they were going to get as soon as they got back. And it always seemed to be the most powerful motorcycles you could buy that they wanted. Some of us used to speculate about how many guys our unit was going to lose immediately after redeployment due to motorcycle accidents.

Ending up being one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top