Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 12:37:12 PM EDT
That is one long ass test.

Good news is I finished with time to spare on all but the analytical section, and on that section I did at least put down an answer for everything. Half of that section was easy, but the last two questions were a little beyond me.

This should prove once and for all whether I am smarter than my dad. I don't think I'm going to win though.

I only intend to go to law school if everything else I want to do with my life doesn't pan out.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I took it two years ago, but I really fucked up on the logic games. Still scored in the low 160's though.
I didn't go to law school since I didn't get accepted to any of the better schools I applied to. Looking back , I'm glad I didn't go. I'm really liking current studies in aviation much better.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully your other plans work out as there's a glut of attorneys.  Incurring $60k in school loans without a job to pay for it is no fun.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless your employer is paying for it (patent office, etc) and guarantees a job upon completion, don't go to law school.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If I go to law school I'd consider trying to become a JAG to help pay for it and be able to say I was in the military at some point. Then I'd become a virtual clone of my dad and become a rural Arizona prosecutor, except that I'll carry a Glock to work instead of a Browning high power.

Actually, my tertiary plan is to join the military. However, I've read the physical fitness requirements and it would require I fair amount of preparation and a lot of weight gain on my part.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Actually, my tertiary plan is to join the military. However, I've read the physical fitness requirements and it would require I fair amount of preparation and a lot of weight gain on my part.

Won't be that bad.  If you want it bad enough post a thread here or in the Self Defense & Fitness forum and we will help you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Won't be that bad.  If you want it bad enough post a thread here or in the Self Defense & Fitness forum and we will help you.

My room mate is an athlete who has lost 30 pounds in the last few months. I'm sure he could help me. I think he follows the survival forums here too. I should probably get on that anyway. My current lifestyle keeps me in relative shape. I use a bicycle or my own two feet for transportation. I stay thin. However my upper body strength leaves a lot to be desired. The good news is I'm not fat.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My room mate is an athlete who has lost 30 pounds in the last few months. I'm sure he could help me. I think he follows the survival forums here too. I should probably get on that anyway. My current lifestyle keeps me in relative shape. I use a bicycle or my own two feet for transportation. I stay thin. However my upper body strength leaves a lot to be desired. The good news is I'm not fat.

To keep it simple, eat enough protein, and make sure you cover the basic lifts when working out : squat, deadlift, row, clean and jerk, and bench press (normal or incline).

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Actually we do. That is, we need more conservative attorney willing to combat the combined faggotry and asshattery being perpetrated by the leftist attorneys.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually we do. That is, we need more conservative attorney willing to combat the combined faggotry and asshattery being perpetrated by the leftist attorneys.

That is one of my rationales for wanting to get a PhD actually. I guess it does apply to law!

That and applied micro econ seems far more fun than arguing with libtards, attending autopsies and having Mexicans threaten your families life.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hopefully your other plans work out as there's a glut of attorneys.  Incurring $160k in school loans without a job to pay for it is no fun.

FIFY.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering that under Arfcom's ideal vision for the future, the U.S. would resemble a Christian version of North Korea, I dissent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. We need a moratorium on shitbird liberal commie loving attorneys
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a 2L right now and I am working towards this.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I go to law school I'd consider trying to become a JAG to help pay for it and be able to say I was in the military at some point. Then I'd become a virtual clone of my dad and become a rural Arizona prosecutor, except that I'll carry a Glock to work instead of a Browning high power.

If the only thing keeping you out of the military is fitness stuff, just get in shape and do what you want.  
Not really. My main goal is to be a college professor. If that doesn't work out, then I'll pick between law and the military. I think I am better suited for economics or law. It's just that I have a pretty good idea of what it's like being a lawyer from being raised by one, and I know how stressful it can be during trial weeks. Eventually I intend to have kids, and I'd like to have time to play with them. None of these career options really allow for that too much though.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am a 2L right now and I am working towards this.

God bless you and good luck  

Thank you sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top