Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2011 11:01:07 AM EDT
Does anybody here smoke hookah? Its pretty relaxing and tasty i would have to recommend you to try it if you havent.

and before people shit a brick i mean strictly the flavored tobacco not any illegal substances.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear hugging trees is relaxing too.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Remember,when it comes to crack, "Poke it,dont smoke it!"
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Tried it once. Not something I'd do regularly. It's too easy to smoke. Nice, yes, but I'd imagine it would be very easy to get addicted to.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I've tried it a few times at a friend's office. His receptionist is Indian (dot) and provided the hot hostess duties. It was ok, I wouldn't go to a hookah bar in the states though, too gay.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I've smoked tobacco from a hooka before. I have to agree it was quite enjoyable. Far more enjoyable than any other tobacco products I've tried.

Unfortunately its just as bad for you as other types of tobacco.

Going to a hooka bar with friends is fun once in awhile, but I wouldn't buy one for myself.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Not since the early 70's....
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I hear hugging trees is relaxing too.

And ridin a Bufffaaallloooo.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:14:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an extreme sensitivity to nicotine.  Uncontrollable shaking, cold sweats, mental fogginess, uncontrollable laughter, elevated heart rate and BP, fatigue, loss of balance, nausea, etc.
Half of a light cigarette will completely fuck me up.

I will smoke cigars because the flavor is enjoyable and I don't get as strong of a nicotine delivery.

But anything involving inhaling the stuff?  No thanks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Son #2 introduced me to hookah's when he was home last time. They can have them in, or at, the barracks, go figure.

The tobacco we smoked was like .05 nicotine.

Not bad, just seemed like an awfully involved process. Felt like a little kid blowing bubbles in my Nestle-Quik.

Funny, though, it reminded me a LOT of my e-cigarette.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Not something you should inhale unless you like light headedness.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Smoke hookah?  So, do you like put an entire hookah in some sort of giant pipe and smoke it?  All that burning plastic/rubber/metal would make you sick.

I've smoked out of a hookah plenty of times.  For tobacco, it's kinda lame and something you'd expect to see at one of those stupid bars where hipsters and artists hang out.  For smoking anything else...graffix pieces, one-hitters, gas masks, all sorts of better options out there.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#12]
A few times, I like it but wouldn't buy one.

My first time I sat at a cafe smoking for several (4-5?) hours bullshitting with arab friends, drinking tea and wondering "does this shit ever end?".

Everything tasted like apple for a few days
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Some of my friends have one and they'll bring it over every once in a while when we're drinking.  It is tasty and smooth, but nothing special.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I like it. I had one a long time ago but it broke and I never replaced it. I've smoked at a couple of hookah bars - smoking hookah with friends while drinking tea is a nice change from getting drunk in a noisy bar.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Used to pretty regularly. I still have it somewhere around the house here. Just be careful, if you have the entire bowl 'o tobacco to yourself it can be easy to overdo it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#16]
If there's not a lump of hash in it, it reeks of poser douchebaggery. and a whiff of attention whoring.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

A few times, I like it but wouldn't buy one.

My first time I sat at a cafe smoking for several (4-5?) hours bullshitting with arab friends, drinking tea and wondering "does this shit ever end?".

Everything tasted like apple for a few days

you got off easy with 4-5 hours, for Arabs, it's a LIFESTYLE

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If there's not a lump of hash in it, it reeks of poser douchebaggery. and a whiff of attention whoring.

easy there, flower-child

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

God forbid someone does something they enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I smoke hookah somewhat regularly. A lot of my friends have really nice hookahs and get very high quality tobacco for them. It's a great way to meet people and to socialize, and it affects me wayyyyy more than any other kind of tobacco smoking does.

We have a really cool hookah bar in my town. One of my best memories is going there with a ladyfriend, sharing a hookah between the two of us, watching belly dancers, drinking, and roaming downtown at night.

Good times.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Tried it once at a middle eastern restaurant. Nasty fruity tobacco and sharing the same pipe with random people isn't my idea of an enjoyable evening.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tried it once at a middle eastern restaurant. Nasty fruity tobacco and sharing the same pipe with random people isn't my idea of an enjoyable evening.

That's why it is better to do it with friends and to use good shisha.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

which is why so many people smoke hookah at home.  got it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm more of a cigar and pipe kinda guy but have enjoyed smoking a hookah fom time to time
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Great stuff, you can lure women that way!

You can also get a nice buzz if you add in a little pipe tobacco.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You suck at life.

OP, yes I do.  Got a hookah back from Afghanistan and went got some tobacco at a local smoke shop about a month ago.  Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to smoke later.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I wanted to try it when I was in Cairo , but was told not to due to the possibility of catching hepatitis . I guess it's common over there due to sharing hookahs .

Quoted:
I smoke hookah somewhat regularly. A lot of my friends have really nice hookahs and get very high quality tobacco for them. It's a great way to meet people and to socialize, and it affects me wayyyyy more than any other kind of tobacco smoking does.

We have a really cool hookah bar in my town. One of my best memories is going there with a ladyfriend, sharing a hookah between the two of us, watching belly dancers, drinking, and roaming downtown at night.

Good times.  

It does sound like a pleasant evening .
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You suck at life.

OP, yes I do.  Got a hookah back from Afghanistan and went got some tobacco at a local smoke shop about a month ago.  Thanks for reminding me, I'm going to smoke later.

Yep. Stay away from american produced hookah tobacco. Look for the stuff with Arabic writing on it. Hookah is one thing that the Arabs have mastered.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes had to stop when I joined the military.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Its nice from time to time. Enjoyed it enough to buy my own.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Dessert!

Blueberry grape shisha and coffee.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#32]
It's badass
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:47:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to be quite the hookah freak. It's relaxing going to the park with a couple friends at night and smoking a bowl or two.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Me right.

At home
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#35]
is the guy in the middle smoking an improvised bong
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Who do you think made it for him?
I didn't always kick names and take ass.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#37]

What is the guy in the middle smoking? Dohka?

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

OMG! That's exactly WTF you guys doing up in Asscrackistan? Fighting Hadjis or smoking doobies? (DON;T ANSWER THAT!)

Quoted:
Who do you think made it for him?
I didn't always kick names and take ass.

Oh-kay!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've been out of the loop for sometime and I'm not familiar with your hip terms Odie.  He is smoking tobacco.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been out of the loop for sometime and I'm not familiar with your hip terms Odie.  He is smoking tobacco.

Dohka is a very strong ass form of tobacco meant to be smoked out of one hitters. It's not an illicit substance, although not something I'm interested in either.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I think it's a great first date type deal, took my current girlfriend out to one on our first date, but she worked at a hooka bar and had her own so I knew she would like it. Probably not something all girls are into.

Plus if your a real wuss you could bring some friends along to take some of the edge off leaving the basement.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Got some Tangiers Lemon in a small Alien Phunnel on a Khalil Mamoon with a Narbish hose right now.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I wanted to try it when I was in Cairo , but was told not to due to the possibility of catching hepatitis . I guess it's common over there due to sharing hookahs .

There are disposable hose tips for use in public places or sharing hoses in general.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Got some Tangiers Lemon in a small Alien Phunnel on a Khalil Mamoon with a Narbish hose right now.
http://i53.tinypic.com/33a9w2d.gif

CHOOCH IT!
OP, I don't but one of my exes did, and she was trying for a while for me to go do it with her.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CHOOCH IT!

OP, I don't but one of my exes did, and she was trying for a while for me to go do it with her.

Whose turn is it? I forget.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CHOOCH IT!

Who's turn is it? I forget.

I guess it's my turn.

I beg my pard.

Don't let the walchers get ya!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:19:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CHOOCH IT!

I guess it's my turn.

I beg my pard.

Okay then, I pologize.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CHOOCH IT!

I guess it's my turn.

I beg my pard.

Okay then, I pologize.

Beg my pard.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CHOOCH IT!

I guess it's my turn.

I beg my pard.

Okay then, I pologize.

Beg my pard.

You already did! Beg my pard.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are disposable hose tips for use in public places or sharing hoses in general.

we always gave hookah condoms at the club––it's just part of the standard presentation.  in addition, a lot of our guests bought their own hoses, which was great because we sold those, as well.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top