Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 7:39:46 AM EDT
Urge those wimmin' folk to get 'em checked. Early detection is the key to survival !!!

The wife with the flowers I sent her at work Friday. One pink rose for each year of survival...

During chemo, right after surgery...

Right after chemo, during radiation treatment...

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Long life and happiness to your lady and you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:58:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to here everything is coming up roses for you two. You're both lucky in more ways than one.

Thanks for the awareness reminder...

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#3]
And Obama is making cancer fighting drugs harder to get.  I would say what I really think, but it would be a C.O.C. violation.

Impeach Obama for the Good of the Women.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Your lady is a brave woman.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
GF's mom had last chemo treatment this past week

Stories such as yours always give hope,  thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#7]
God Bless her and all those fighting this shity disease
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#8]
What a shitty world we live in where not even boobs are safe.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Cancer sucks
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I am all for breast awareness.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Save the Ta Tas month.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:52:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Mrs ukjohn says hi .

her last chemo session

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:55:35 AM EDT
[#13]
i really hope that one day soon we will have a permanent cure to this disease

we have damn near eradicated other diseases so that gives me hope that there is a cure out there
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:02:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Preach it brotha!

Check those twins.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:03:11 AM EDT
[#15]
All cancer is terrible. I have lost close relatives to other forms though, and my wife is a lymphoma survivor. I sometimes wonder if we would be closer to a cure if we stopped subdividing and just pooled resources into a "cure for all cancer" research fund.

That is not to detract from those who have been affected by breast cancer in any way.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#16]
For you younger men and women, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 25.  Breast cancer dosen't give a shit about age, so have the lovely lady in your life get checked early and yearly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:35:35 AM EDT
[#17]
God be with all of you and yours.

SAVE THE BOOBIES!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:41:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
All cancer is terrible. I have close relatives to other forms though, and my wife is a lymphoma survivor. I sometimes wonder if we would be closer to a cure if we stopped subdividing and just pooled resources into a "cure for all cancer" research fund.

That is not to detract from those who have been affected by breast cancer in any way.

I wonder too, why does breast cancer get all the publicity and funding when other types are more prevalent and cause more deaths?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:06:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
All cancer is terrible. I have close relatives to other forms though, and my wife is a lymphoma survivor. I sometimes wonder if we would be closer to a cure if we stopped subdividing and just pooled resources into a "cure for all cancer" research fund.

I wonder too, why does breast cancer get all the publicity and funding when other types are more prevalent and cause more deaths?

Well, Scott, let me put an end to your wondering.  It's because heterosexual men like tits, so they tend to be sympathetic toward breast cancer issues.  And since titless women aren't much in demand by the aforementioned men, early detection and cure of breast cancer is kind of an issue for women too.

At least that's my theory.  I could be wrong though; it could be a deliberate effort by The Global Sisterhood to provide additional opportunities for whining by victim-minded males.

Jane

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:33:37 AM EDT
[#20]
This Tuesday will be one year since initial diagnosis for my wife.  Chemo, bilateral (the only way to truly minimize risk regardless of what is popular in the media now), expanders, radiation and on Nov. 3rd we'll find out when the reconstructive surgery will be.

We're gonna make it.

For those of you that want to and can afford to donate to Breast Cancer Research and in finding a cure or prevention...  Look carefully at who you donate too, some of the ones that advertise the most and are the most well known have the dismal record of money actually going to research, often about the 27% level.

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top