Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2001 8:55:35 AM EDT
What would be the best extended accessory rail for the M4. I would like a rail to extend way past the larger M4 handguards withour touching them. Has anyone found the right rail? If it has a built in rear sight it would be a bonus.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The best extended free floating rails I believe are A.R.M.S. but the M-4 handguards create a clearance problem.

Ask yourself, do you really need the double heat shield M-4 guards, which are meant to cut down on thermal signature, or?

If you need the M-4 guards then dremel the upper one for clearance, any plastic material removed will covered by the rail anyway.

Link Posted: 3/31/2001 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks andreusan.

So there's no rail that clears the M4 hanguards????

Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Rocket,

I believe the GG&G rail clears the M4 handguards.  Maybe someone can verify that???

Scott
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll answer myself...
According to GG&Gs website, their rail clears M4 handguards.  It doesn't have a site incorporated, but apparently leaves room on the rear portion of the flattop to mount one of their A2 or MAD flip-ups.

Check it out here:
[url]http://www.gggaz.com/page11.html[/url]

Scott

[uzi]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks andreusan.

So there's no rail that clears the M4 hanguards????

View Quote

I do not know of any with an U.S. GOVERNMENT NSN # like ARMS rails do, but could be wrong!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top