Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2011 7:34:46 PM EDT
Ok so i am smoking 20lbs of boston butt for my moms surprise 55th birthday.

The problem is i am not going to be able to smoke it in teh smoker the whole time(only about 4 hours in the smoker). What is the best way to finish it out in the oven? Completely wrap the butts in foil then in pan or put in pan and cover pan in foil?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done this by double foiling, turned out  great

a pan underneath would be a good idea just in case.

Once they reach the target temp. 195-200 I wrap a towel around them and put them in a cooler for a few hours before pulling
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]
You saying to wrap the butts then cover the pan also?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Just wrap the butts in HD foil and put into the oven.  No pan should be needed.  275-300F.

If you want to put one on the rack below just as a drip catcher, that should be fine.  I'd put foil in that pan for easy cleanup.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You saying to wrap the butts then cover the pan also?

the pan is on the rack below just in case the foil tears and leaks.  It does not matter if you foil the pan might make clean up easier if it does leak
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a hooka
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Pan under the wrapped butts to catch any unforseen leaks
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
ok thanx guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top