Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/30/2011 7:26:07 AM EDT
With homosexuals now able to serve openly in the military, the gay rights movement’s next battleground is to persuade the Obama administration to end the armed forces’ ban on “transgenders,” a group that includes transsexuals and cross-dressers.

“Our position is that the military should re-examine the policy, the medical regulations, so as to allow open service for transgender people,” said Vincent Paolo Villano, spokesman for the 6,000-member Center for Transgender Equality.

The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN), which pushed to end the military’s gay ban, is urging President Obama to sign an executive order prohibiting discrimination based on “gender identity.”

It had wanted the order to happen on Sept. 20, the official date “don’t ask, don’t tell,” as the gay ban was called, ended via repeal legislation signed by Mr. Obama.

SLDN’s goal is contained on a Web page with the headline, “Working toward transgender military service.” The page states that a decision to remove the ban must be made at the Pentagon. “Relationships between transgender organizations, medical associations, and military allies will be crucial for advancing this issue,” it says.

“SLDN supports the revision of medical regulations to ensure that transgender Americans may serve.”

SLDN has raised the possibility of filing lawsuits to attain its goals, which include housing and other benefits for the partners of gay military members.

A White House spokesman declined to provide Mr. Obama’s position on transgenders in the military, referring a reporter to the Pentagon.

“Transgender and transsexual individuals are not permitted to join the military services,” said Pentagon spokeswoman Eileen Lainez. “The repeal of ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ will have no effect on these policies.”

The SLDN says “transgender” is commonly identified as an umbrella term for “transsexuals, cross-dressers, gender-queer people, intersex people, and other gender-variant individuals.”

Transgenders are not banned by law, but rather by a Defense Department instruction, “Medical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment or Induction in the Military Service.”

It lists scores of medical conditions that make one ineligible, including: “Current or history of psychosexual conditions, including but not limited to transsexualism, exhibitionism, transvestism, voyeurism, and other paraphilias.”

The instruction was last updated by the Obama administration. Clifford Stanley, undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness, signed the new 52-page version in April 2010. If the administration did desire to lift the ban, it could have done it then, in theory.

SLDN has set up a website on Change.org for a petition asking Mr. Obama to issue a nondiscrimination order on transgenders.

More at link http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/28/after-demise-of-dont-ask-activists-call-for-end-to/

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Corporal Klinger!

(Actually though he was just trying to get a Section 8 - and under this rule, he would have been wasting his time, eh?).
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Who could have seen that coming?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If a person is willing to put life and limb on the line for our freedom, I say bless them. They're doing more than I did for this country...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Be prepared to accept every type of perversion now.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I totally thought that the repeal of DADT would have been the end of it all.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Exactly. There is no end to the perversions that will be championed in the name of diversity and tolerance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If a person is willing to put life and limb on the line for our freedom, I say bless them. They're doing more than I did for this country...

I don't think that's their goal - it wasn't under Clinton when they instituted DADT (which was all the LGBT lobby claimed they wanted back then), it wasn't when they fought to get DADT lifted, it won't be when they start suing to force the Mil to provide dependent benefits & base housing to Mr. Slave, and it won't be when they start forcing Chaplains out of the service for failing to provide counseling (or officiating ceremonies) for gay couples.

It's social engineering.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far from it...this is only the beginning.  The "intricacies" of no more DADT are only beginning to reveal themselves.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joke I heard from a Navy buddy when DADT became policy; "The Navy, it's not just a job - it's a Date!" If you aren't old enough to remember the recruiting campaign, you might not get it...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#11]
transgender and all other social deviants... i mean that is where this will eventually head.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Far from it...this is only the beginning.  The "intricacies" of no more DADT are only beginning to reveal themselves.

Just think of how much the polygamists are going to cost the DOD.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#13]
A slippery slope indeed.

Next thing you know, they'll be demanding that dogs be given the right to enlist.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly. There is no end to the perversions that will be championed in the name of diversity and tolerance.

/thread
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#15]
The only way to LEGALLY get a sex-change operation or be provided with the hormones to begin that process, is to be diagnosed with a mental illness.

Disqualified.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:45:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Personally, I dont care anymore. I know I sound like an asshole but ive taken the approach of grabbing a bucket of popcorn and watching this whole thing melt down.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pedophiles are probably next
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The only way to LEGALLY get a sex-change operation or be provided with the hormones to begin that process, is to be diagnosed with a mental illness.

Disqualified.

Discrimination.

You know it's coming
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:48:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The actual participants of which represent 1-3% of the population, but the champions of which represent 40-55% of the population.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
A slippery slope indeed.

Next thing you know, they'll be demanding that dogs be given the right to enlist.

They're not dogs.  They are canine-americans you anthropomorphicphobe.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#23]
I am not military or former military, but l am not against letting gays having the same opportunity to serve as everybody else.

Now, I see people with a gender identity crisis different though. I believe there is something not right with such people mentally (I'm a woman trapped in a man's body!!) especially when they want to mutilate their bodies to look like the opposite sex. I see that along the same lines as somebody that wants to get rid of an arm or a leg. I don't believe it is acceptable to force women to accept a man into their showers with them and vice versa. On the flipside if you are simply "gay" and just prefer to corn hole or be cornholed by other dudes or lick/rub other women, I guess that is just your preference.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Disqualified.

They will work to get the DSM changed at the APA - once that happens, the DOD won't be able to defend the policy. Once we stop telling people they are abnormal, we can't exclude them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I am not military or former military, but l am not against letting gays having the same opportunity to serve as everybody else.

Now, I see people with a gender identity crisis different though. There is something not right with such people mentally especially when they want to mutilate their bodies to look like the opposite sex. I see that along the same lines as somebody that wants to get rid of an arm or a leg. I don't believe it as acceptable to force women to accept a man into their showers with them and vice versa.

But you're OK with having to force normal men to shower with OPENLY gay guys.

How ironic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#27]
What does being Gay have to do with being diagnosed with a mental illness that has the chopping off of your penis as part of the treatment regimen?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disqualified.

They will work to get the DSM changed at the APA - once that happens, the DOD won't be able to defend the policy. Once we stop telling people they are abnormal, we can't exclude them.

Right now, they are barking up the wrong tree.

The DoD policy that prohibits these things focuses upon the mental illness diagnosis.

The medical community that performs these operations will ONLY do so after such a diagnosis.

These activists need to target THAT group, if they want to get that ball rolling.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:56:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be prepared to accept every type of perversion now.

Yep, NAMBLA, Beastiality nuts, etc. will be next.

For the record, I've got no problem with gay folks serving or being allowed to serve (they did anyway under the old system, only being "flaming" was discouraged), I DO have a problem with special rights being assiged to folks outside the norm... and that is what will happen.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What does being Gay have to do with being diagnosed with a mental illness that has the chopping off of your penis as part of the treatment regimen?

They were born with the wrong sexual organs. It will be just a correction of the injustice nature has bestowed upon them.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, I see people with a gender identity crisis different though. There is something not right with such people mentally especially when they want to mutilate their bodies to look like the opposite sex. I see that along the same lines as somebody that wants to get rid of an arm or a leg. I don't believe it as acceptable to force women to accept a man into their showers with them and vice versa.

How ironic.

Sorry, but they're still the same sex. Obviously if they can't be professional about it, they don't belong. I don't see forcing women and men to shower with mentally ill people of the opposite sex as the same thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How ironic.

Sorry, but they're still the same sex. Obviously if they can't be professional about it, they don't belong. I don't see forcing women and men to shower with mentally ill people of the opposite sex as the same thing.

But one sees the other as a potential sexual mate, while the other doesn't. Like I said, ironic that you don't see the difference.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Seriously, would you want someone with those kinds of issues to be in a military leadership position?

I never served either, but I sure as hell would want to know that the person leading me is a normal, well-adjusted person.  A transgender person is, in my opinion, conflicted, to put it mildly.

LC
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disqualified.

Discrimination.

You know it's coming

Yep, homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness too.

Note emphasis.

LC
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disqualified.

Discrimination.

You know it's coming

Yep, homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness too.

Note emphasis.

LC

Exactly

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Post op goose fuckers unite!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#38]
pedophiles will be next.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:20:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
pedophiles will be next.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but that's just fucking stupid. Who let you onto the internet? I'd like to kick them in the balls.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  If we don't get control of the government again soon, we are doomed.

And just how is this going to effect your day-to-day life?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse us for being concerned about a general demise in morality, throughout the world. Some of us don't want to see the modern world go the way of Sodom&Gomorrah.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
pedophiles will be next.

I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but that's just fucking stupid. Who let you onto the internet? I'd like to kick them in the balls.

Sure sure.  Hey pedophiles were born that way.  Discriminating against them is just like discriminating against black people.......

(I'm remembering all the fucking retarded bullshit excuses for homosexuals that were brought up)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you think mom and pop america are going to want to send their squeeky clean kid off to join the service if their kid is going to be a 2nd class citizen to a guy who chopped his dick off?

where does a trans-gender lesbian fit into small unit tactics?

Don't you understand that an army out-fights its opponents because they have good morale?   Faith in your own superiority is an iron string in your heart.  The reason the south won battles in the civil war was because the troops absolute faith in themselves and their leadership.  

this is a big deal, it's going to chase a lot of good people away from the service

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:31:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Lots of "free thinkers" in this thread.  Or "Big City" thinkers.  Whichever you prefer.

LC
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see...

Imagine a Marine Rifleman who is training to become a killer for his Corps; endurance training, strength, unarmed combat, etc.

Now because he has his new "rights" as a transgender, he begins getting estrogen treatments, growing breasts and becoming weaker.  Not to mention, genuinely freaking out those around him, who have to bear witness to this general freak show.

How does that NOT degrade readiness?

Would you ask a man for his opinion and judgement during a life or death combat operation, if he has already demonstrated his capacity for sound judgement with the decision to have his penis sliced off?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Lots of "free thinkers" in this thread.  Or "Big City" thinkers.  Whichever you prefer.

LC

beware of easy answers, they are usually just feel good crap

I've read like a lot of real brain dead horseshit in arf GD, the fact that it was conservatives doesn't sweeten it up too much
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Disqualified.

Just as homosexuality up until recently was considered considered a mental illness. I'm certain within our lifetime we'll see kiddie diddlers and cross dressers also given equal protection under the guise of "diversity". This is all part of the conditioning to break down societal norms. The left needed to crack the military because the military has always been traditionally conservative.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's see...

Imagine a Marine Rifleman who is training to become a killer for his Corps; endurance training, strength, unarmed combat, etc.

Now because he has his new "rights" as a transgender, he begins getting estrogen treatments, growing breasts and becoming weaker.  Not to mention, genuinely freaking out those around him, who have to bear witness to this general freak show.

How does that NOT degrade readiness?

Would you ask a man for his opinion and judgement during a life or death combat operation, if he has already demonstrated his capacity for sound judgement with the decision to have his penis sliced off?

Pure conjecture.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top