Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2011 6:34:56 AM EDT
Whole lots of fk

dupe or no?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#1]
So you want to go to jail to prove some point while your bitching about all that your parents worked for, and you are going to throw it away while becoming a statistic.

Good luck pal.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
target rich environment
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Those advanced degrees must not have been in anything worth a shit.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Needs more clubbing.  You'd think parents with masters degrees would raise smarter kids.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#5]
As a law student I would think he could have come up with some tricky loophole to help his parents,adding legal fees to their list of problems doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Those advanced degrees must not have been in anything worth a shit.

should've gone to engineering school instead of african american studies

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#7]
"Take it easy day-time Emmy"!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a law student I would think he could have come up with some tricky loophole to help his parents,adding legal fees to their list of problems doesn't seem like a smart thing to do.

I've found the problem...

You think you know, eventually you actually do.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#9]
He should scoot over a few blocks to Broadway. They're always looking for hawkers for shows.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:58:48 AM EDT
[#10]
He has very serious mommy issues.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe his parents should have bought what they could afford?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:04:01 AM EDT
[#12]
the other night I was talking to a friend whose coworker's husband has a PHD in chemistry, was laid off, and now works at a chain furniture store...

I said he must not have been that great of a chemist...

people with advanced degrees mean jack shit and employers are seeing that... in the mid-90s, for profit colleges and universities started flooding secondary schools with their propaganda... scare tactics about never finding a job without a degree, empty promises about guaranteed jobs and salaries, misinformation regarding starting salaries, etc.

all of a sudden college became big business, it became less about learning, more about cranking out degrees at a higher rate... well when 90% of the population has a bachelor's degree, how much does your piece of paper mean? same thing happened with A+ certifications, then MCSE, CCNA, and now today even CISSP certs...

so now how do you set yourself apart, go for the advanced degree... master's, phd, or advanced certifications, CCNP, CCIE, CISSP-ISSAP/EP/MP, etc... more money in the pockets of the college...

want to further ensure repeat business through an advanced degree or continuing education programs? water down their undergrad, teach them next to nothing, make the classes "common", teach the bare minimum, and have them just regurgitate what you've spoon fed them on a multiple choice test. assign them the same projects, experiments, etc that every single college does so they can just google the answer... then when their employer says "hey can you do X, Y, or Z?", charge them $200/credit for "specialized career courses" or tell them to get their MBA (screw doing technical work, become a MIDDLE MANAGER). even then many of the master's degree programs and "graduate certificates" are all fluff bullshit.

I took two graduate level engineering management course in project management and the follow up project control... it was two semesters (6 credit hours) about building an IMS plan, staffing, earned value, etc. a few years later my job sent me to some training courses to do those exact same things, it was a grand total of 5 days training including them teaching me their specific management systems...

college is for the most part bullshit and IMO hurts research and innovation more than it helps
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#13]

He lost me at "My mom has a masters degree and a college degree..."

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#14]
This is a Dupe from a few days ago, but for those who missed it, here are the facts of this liar.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2011/09/26/video-liberal-protestor-chokes-on-silver-spoon/
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#15]
take me I submit! take me, I submit!

what a fag.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#16]
man i hate hippies
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Wall Street really is a bunch of crap, it's just too bad that these "they're rich and I'm not" types are all that ever seem to notice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top