Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 7:39:16 PM EDT
I was just watching CBS news and they reported that insurance companies check your credit history and adjust your rates accordingly. They pretty much stated that if you have or have had bad credit, your a road warrior. I didn't understand the correlation but they(the insurance companies) say there is one, though it sounds more like financial butt sex.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
.... though it sounds more like financial butt sex.
View Quote

I don't have any knowledge on your topic, but I thought the quote above was F-ing FUNNY!

medcop
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Credit worthiness = responsibility
Responsible adults are less risky.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:16:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Believe it or not, in some places if you have 2 D.U.I. convictions but excellent credit, you can get low car insurance. But if you have little or no credit, a clean driver's license, you can expect to pay high premiums. I've known this for a few years now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#4]
It is true. They use your Fair Credit Score to determine your premiums. I just went around and around with my last agent becasue they had an incorrect ss# in their system (the number that was in their system looked like it was made up) so I have been paying too much for years. Needless to say I am no longer with that agent.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The guy they profiled had a clean driving record but his wife had run up a couple credit cards, even though they were divorced he was still paying 50% to 100% higher premiums than any of his neighbors or friends he had talked to. I just thought it as a real shame, your insurance should be based on driver performance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top