[#3]
You are going to love DE.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Were you above or below that number?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Calc 3 isn't that hard!  You should have gotten a 97%

ETA:  True story:  I got, on my first two tests in DE, mid 50s.  On my second two tests, I got over 100 (bonus points).  Know how?  I decided I didn't want to fail and so I studied until I knew every concept inside and out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And what did you get?

Probably right on average.  I missed exam day due to work-related BS.  Caught up with my newfound study group, and they informed me of what went down in class today (I was taking the test).

Calc 2 was a fucking joke compared to this class.  Maybe I'm just saying that because I need to devote 87% more time to studying.  Definitely not a class to slack in.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Calc 3 isn't that hard!  You should have gotten a 97%

ETA:  True story:  I got, on my first two tests in DE, mid 50s.  On my second two tests, I got over 100 (bonus points).  Know how?  By studying.

BINGO!  Guess what I learned tonight.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell when I got my EE degree Calc II was insanely difficult and Calc III was a breeze.

It helped that I took Diff Eq before Calc III though... yeah, that was fun...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I am guessing at this point in the semester you haven't even got to the hard stuff yet

Have fun
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hell when I got my EE degree Calc II was insanely difficult and Calc III was a breeze.

It helped that I took Diff Eq before Calc III though... yeah, that was fun...

Due to alternating evening availability, I wasn't able to take Diff Eq until the spring.

1 crown royal and ice cube down.  #2 coming...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Human A&P last semester, first 3 tests had class average of around 30%.  I got 90, 74, 90 on the 3.  Final test was a 76....teacher would drop our lowest test score before the final.  I ended up with a B- and I didn't have to take the lab with it.  

/win  

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I found calc 3 to be much more difficult than diffeq and partial.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Use a TI calculator and go into the SW mode and enter all of the
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Of course, after this class falls to the wayside, so will the skills temporarily acquired.  I'm pursuing a ME degree, so maybe that isn't true, and i'll remain well acquainted with the concepts.  If not, does anyone publish a brain teaser "soduku"-like book of calculus problems, so one can stay fresh?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I decided I didn't want to fail and so I studied until I knew every concept inside and out.

It really isn't that hard of a concept. I'm surprised so many people simply don't know how to study effectively.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I decided I didn't want to fail and so I studied until I knew every concept inside and out.

It really isn't that hard of a concept. I'm surprised so many people simply don't know how to study effectively.

I didn't.  That has quickly changed.  I too decided I didn't want to fail as I scrambled to assemble the knowledge in order to pass the test (which I didn't).  Change going forward is:  I continue this pace.  I'll study math until my brain divides by zero and collapses into a singularity.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah...just wait for D.E.  

I was never so happy to get done with those and into my major (M.E.)
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Of course, after this class falls to the wayside, so will the skills temporarily acquired.  I'm pursuing a ME degree, so maybe that isn't true, and i'll remain well acquainted with the concepts.  If not, does anyone publish a brain teaser "soduku"-like book of calculus problems, so one can stay fresh?

ME here.  Calc II was much more difficult than Calc III.  And you’ll be using your new found skills for at least another 1.5 yrs.  I can remember a Heat Transfer test where the avg was low 30’s … it happens
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't.  That has quickly changed.  I too decided I didn't want to fail as I scrambled to assemble the knowledge in order to pass the test (which I didn't).  Change going forward is:  I continue this pace.  I'll study math until my brain divides by zero and collapses into a singularity.

You have uncovered the "secret" to good grades. Congratulations and say goodbye to your social life.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
If you passed Calc II you should be a monster at Calc III...its the same stuff...just "more" of it.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't learn how to study until college.

In high school when you spend time in class going over concepts learned the previous year and covering homework problems in class, a reasonably intelligent person doesn't need to study.

When I went to college, we only covered homework that gave my classmates trouble and concepts that were fairly complex.  I quickly learned to study the material and complete the practice problems so I'd have a basis for the knowledge we covered the next class period.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You have uncovered the "secret" to good grades. Congratulations and say goodbye to your social life.  

I'm married, have a kid, and work full time.  What is this "social life" you speak of?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top