Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2011 3:47:24 PM EDT
It's not a bad remake but I hate the idea of fast moving zombies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Come to the coast well get together have a few laughs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys, I just saw a terminator 2 and fight club double matinee. It was awsome has anyone else seen these movies, and what do you think about them?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was always appalled by the fast moving zombies. Ragers yeah, but not zombies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I like both versions.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Karl, schieß dem Fenster

[sic]

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:52:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guys, I just saw a terminator 2 and fight club double matinee. It was awsome has anyone else seen these movies, and what do you think about them?

A Fight Club, eh? That sounds like the movie might be half intredasting. Tell me more, guy from 1999.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sorry your attempt at sarcasm has failed please try again.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the remake was superior in damn near every way.

Romero is like George Lucas. Once he got complete creative control he went straight down the shitter.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Have any of you seen this movie called "Casablanca"? I think its pretty new. Its about Nazis and shit, pretty good. I'm surprised nobody ever talks about it, kinda slipped under the radar.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Have any of you seen this movie called "Casablanca"? I think its pretty new. Its about Nazis and shit, pretty good. I'm surprised nobody ever talks about it, kinda slipped under the radar.

You have no idea how true that statement is with this generation and future generations. The same goes with a lot of classic films.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I fucking hate fast movers!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Burt Reynolds. Tell him to get Burt Reynolds.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Agreed. Ragers are fine and Ragers make sense.

Sprinting Undead? That shit is just stupid.

That said, I doubt we'll ever see true zombies. a Rage Virus, though? I wouldn't count it out. It's been scientifically established by the documentaries 'Quarantine' as well as '28 Days/28 Weeks Later'.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah... fuck those running ass, wall climbing zombies..... as if they are not bad enough slow and stupid, now they have to be super fast..... if they are going to be fast, at least make them like 28 days later, where a chest shot will kill them. head shots on running people aint easy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's not a bad remake but I hate the idea of fast moving zombies.

Fast movers are more of a rabies-ish type of infection instead of the walking reanimated undead sort of thing.

Just my take.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That said, I doubt we'll ever see true zombies. a Rage Virus, though? I wouldn't count it out. It's been scientifically established by the documentaries 'Quarantine' as well as '28 Days/28 Weeks Later'.

i would say that its POSSIBLE  for zombies to exhist........ form of rabies, some weaponized critter ? basically a virus, or bacteria, that kills most brain functions, except for base instincts, hunger, violence, etc....  people are still mobile, and bite, and attack others...... but they would still DIE from normal trama, . heart shot, / bleed out, = brain wont work, if its not getting blood, etc...
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Romero is like George Lucas. Once he got complete creative control he went straight down the shitter.

dude, he's always had complete creative control. That's basically his whole bio. Independent film maker creates 'B-film horror' in 1968 and makes millions off of it over many decades.
Creates classic in 1978 which gives birth to whole genre.
I hate to say it but people just get a few good ideas and then when they get old they just start to suck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Karl, schieß dem Fenster

"Huh?"

"Shoot. The. Glass."

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted: I hate to say it but people just get a few good ideas and then when they get old they just start to suck.
The original trilogy was amazing. He should have stopped then. Everything after has just gone steadily downhill.

Oh, and fast zombies... are stupid. The horror equivalent of jingling keys and waving strips of tinfoil.

The DotD remake was lightweight time killer. It didn't suck but, it was nowhere near as a good as the original.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Unfortunately the Zombie Walk outgrew the Mall of the Dead

Wall Street Journal article on Zombie Walk at the Mall where they filmed the first one.

They say the mall is dead, but for one night each fall, the mall here is decidedly undead.

Hundreds of pale-faced zombie wannabes gather here to lurch and stumble through the mall that served as the setting for George Romero's 1978 horror classic "Dawn of the Dead." The zombies wear dazed looks and blood-splattered clothes as they limp past stores like Abercrombie & Fitch and Victoria's Secret. The hungry ones bellow for brains.

I vote slow moving zombies and the original movie.    
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dude, he's always had complete creative control.

His first movie was co-written by John Russo, and he had producers to satisfy on over half his movies.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After watching Quarantine I swore never to be without a flashlight again if I could help it.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

After watching Quarantine I swore never to be without a flashlight again if I could help it.  

...or a Saiga 12.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I heard there's a new Al Pacino movie coming out, Heat or something like that, sounds like it may be ok.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

wat?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard there's a new Al Pacino movie coming out, Heat or something like that, sounds like it may be ok.

I wonder what type of guns they'll use in it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Loved it, brought some realism to it.  Yes I saw it in the theater.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...or a Saiga 12.

That would be handy too.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Eh I'm on the fence. I thought the zombies in 28 days/weeks later were very scary, and very effective.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck fast zombies.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Slow zombies are easy mode.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I heard that guy from Men in Black is going to be in a zombie flick that is supposed to be totally boss, last man in the world kind of shit!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:54:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I love fast zombies, they have there place in zombie. You guys are just scared because they wont be easy to hit. 28 days later zombies kicked ass.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Slow zombies are easy mode.

Exactly.

Anyone who can't deal with slow zeds DESERVES what they get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top