Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 4:57:09 PM EDT
I was worried that my Hesse M16 I bought last week was illegal after the discussion on this board.  The BATF sent two agents to my house within 15 minunts of the call I made.  They demanded to see the rifle and about two seconds later they told my that it was illegal and they asked who I purchased it from.  I showed them my reciept and they said that they had had other reports of that man selling Sten MK-IIs that he built himself at the same gun show for $750.  They then told me no charges would be filed since I cooperated, told the truth, and
turned in the man who sold it to me.  They also told me that for a reward I could keep the rifle if I paid THEM the transfer tax and gave them the rifle until my stamp came in the mail (provided I could get a cheif LEO to sign off).  They also told my that the dealer who sold me the rifle would have to return the $1200 I gave him for the rifle.  So, I thanked them, gave them my rifle for the time being, visited my CLEO, and got the papers signed!  So for all you that think I am a TROLL, I am NOT.  But I did just screw the ATF into giving my a post sample M-16 for $200!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't sound like you screwed the ATF, rather, that the ATF agents were extremely cool.

Imagine that...[:D]

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
[:K]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. I've never heard the ATF do this sort of thing before.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
[:K]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
No way I don't buy it!

There's no way they would just "let" you have after paying for the transfer.

From what you said, you gave them the rifle to hold onto until the stamp came, you probably just payed for those 2 guys tabs for the next 2 nights.

I don't buy it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
The things people will do for attention...
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#8]
So, what for did you have to fill out and have the CLEO sign?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the ATF came to my house and spoke with my wife, Morgan Fairchild, whom I've slept with. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Here we go again. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Smells like..
Looks like..
Walks like..
Talks like...
Yup, its a...... [:K]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#12]
When I said "them" I meant the ATF.  I have to mail in my forms with the $200 just like everyone else.  The agents gave me a confirmation number to put on the forms so that the post 86 weapon will be approved.  I am not a troll.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Form 4
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah well, one time at band camp I killed 327 ninjas and it was totally sweet!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was worried that my Hesse M16 I bought last week was illegal after the discussion on this board.  The BATF sent two agents to my house within 15 minunts of the call I made.
View Quote

Were the hell were they...in the parking lot?  15 minutes is fast!

They demanded to see the rifle and about two seconds later they told my that it was illegal and they asked who I purchased it from.
View Quote

So it is illegally made or transfered?  I am not expert but I don't think Heese ever made an M16.  Plus you said it was made one year and modified into full auto the next year...that doesnt happen.

I showed them my reciept and they said that they had had [i]other reports of that man selling Sten MK-IIs that he built himself at the same gun show for $750.[/i]
View Quote

So this gun dealer has a history of selling illegally modified Sten Kits but you still think your gun is legal?

They then told me no charges would be filed since I cooperated, told the truth, and
turned in the man who sold it to me. [/qoute]

Get a lawyer, I aint buying this.

They also told me that for a reward I could keep the rifle if I paid THEM the transfer tax and gave them the rifle until my stamp came in the mail (provided I could get a cheif LEO to sign off).
View Quote

So you have a illegally modified AR15 and you think the ATF will let you keep it? No F3cking way is this going to happen.  Either your story is completely made up, which I think it is, or the ATF has just found the biggest fool alive!!

They also told my that the dealer who sold me the rifle would have to return the $1200 I gave him for the rifle.  So, I thanked them, gave them my rifle for the time being, visited my CLEO, and got the papers signed!  So for all you that think I am a TROLL, I am NOT.  But I did just screw the ATF into giving my a post sample M-16 for $200!
View Quote

Now you want us to believe that you got most of the paperwork done over the weekend??  No Government agency works that fast.  I aint buying any of this. [:K]  [:K]  [:K]

Sgtar15

Edited:  If by any chance this story is real, I would say those two agents will be keeping the rifle for themselves.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#16]
UUUHHHH...[:\]...Yeah, right.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm an ATF agent, so if this happens to you again, you can save a phone call and just contact me via IM, I will come over and take the M16 and $200 until the approval and then get back in touch with you.

Edited to add: I will also give you a special confirmation number to make everything ok.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I never knew that it was possible to not only BLATANTLY violate the law, admit to it, then sweet talk the ATF into GIVING you the evidence.  

I wish I had the cajones to try to skirt the law like that
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome back Blaze
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Just too many holes in this tale.

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#22]
My BS meter just went off the scale![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was worried ... I did just screw the ATF into giving my a post sample M-16 for $200!
View Quote

okay lay of the crack jack, put down the pipe and walk away. and dont touch that stuff again. you have been trolled.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm an ATF agent, so if this happens to you again, you can save a phone call and just contact me via IM, I will come over and take the M16 and $200 until the approval and then get back in touch with you.

Edited to add: I will also give you a special confirmation number to make everything ok.
View Quote

Buh-Bye!!!!!!!!  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I haven't been around here too long, but do people like hessem16 always seem to show up around the time middle school ends for the summer?  I've noticed the trend on Usenet and other places, as well.

Dude, shouldn't you at least be trying to BS your way into a date (with a girl, this time), rather than trying to BS people who are fully aware that you're full of sh!t?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck You you sorry bastards.  I don't understand why you have to bash others who got a bad ass deal.  Jealous, I guess.  I am NOT a MOTHER FUCKING TROLL, you COCK SUCKING CUM DRINKING ASS HOLES!
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Thats a great idea buy stolen weapons turn people in get the weapon for $200 and get the money back also.  Yeah Right  [:K]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh man, two in one night!!!!  Who's next? [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top