Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2002 3:45:24 PM EDT
Why the F does he think we care about stinken news reporters??

Every other link has to do with Brokaw, or some other dingleberry in a pissing match about his or her contract and ego.

I'm just about to give that guys site up, I can go to washington post.com cause that seems to be where 90% of his links point to.

Please save it, write more about our solders over sea's or political stances that effect us as american's, not some overpaid queer that happeneds to tell the news on a bigger named channel.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the time drudge does it to ridicule the reporters. Drudge knows that the established press doesn't like him and he takes whatever shots he can to make them look a little less respectable.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Drudge is the Man!

Look at the transcript of his appearance at the National Press Club!

Boy did he pizz in their cereal!

It was classic!

Eric The(AndHeGetsUtRightMoreOftenThanTheyDo!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
First thing:  the only people who care about journalists is other journalists.  This is how it has been for a long time.  Drudge is a journalist, so he pays heed to the journalist world, their triumphs and their downfalls.

The other part is that Drudge has a huge inferiority complex.

Drudge only has a high school education.  He wanted to be in the media world, but always knew he could never penetrate it.  He worked in gift stores in Los Angeles, while totally understanding the media world that operated around him.  He was of their caliber or better, but he simply lacked credentials.

Then the internet revolution happened.

Drudge found he could reach millions of people just like mainstream media.  His edge was that he ran stories that the biased established media would not noit run.  Paragon and career-maker for Drudge was....the Monica Lewinski story.

Newsweek knew of this story for weeks, and there was a story ready to headline one of Newsweak's issues.  But Newsweak is famously pro-Clinton, so they decided to axe the story.  So did Time Magazine.

Drudge went ahead and broke the story wide open, a story that revealed the mendacity of Clinton to the world, and the media fought tooth and nail to kill it and Drudge's scoop.  That basically made Drudge's bones and assurred his place in 21st century journalism.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.

Maybe I should read up alittle on him be before I dog him.

I just get sick of seeing info about these lame reporters.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think his radio show is great.  Much more entertaining than most.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top