Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2002 2:21:41 PM EDT
Found this on a motorcycle forum...

[url]http://www.cycleworld.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=011271[/url]

The LA Times published an article about sport bikes, with the usual lies and exaggerations to make them sound evil (or more evil anyway heh).
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Stories like these make me wonder if these reporters are bunch of timid limp-wristed sissies trying to live vicariously through others who actually have balls:

"ooohhh.... look at these bikers.  They will ride their bikes at 120MPH and crash and don't even care"

"ooohhh.... look at these guys with guns.  They will shoot up an entire nursery school and don't even care"

"ooohhh.... look at these mall ninjas.  They are so cool.  They will cut off everybody's heads and don't even care"

Oops, got carried away there.  The bottom line is, beneath the veneer of "ooohhh, they are so dangerous", I've got a feeling that the writers wish THEY could go out and do something dangerous, if only AMA, PTA, PETA, their mother and four out of five dentists would approve.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Stories like these make me wonder if these reporters are bunch of timid limp-wristed sissies trying to live vicariously through others who actually have balls...

The bottom line is, beneath the veneer of "ooohhh, they are so dangerous", I've got a feeling that the writers wish THEY could go out and do something dangerous, if only AMA, PTA, PETA, their mother and four out of five dentists would approve.
View Quote

You mean sort of like the old saying, "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach." Or as a writer colleague of mine once said (facetiously) in describing the journalist's code: "Words, not deeds!" [:D]

Sadly, many general media journalists I've met do seem to be like that, which probably helps explain why today's general media organizations are the way they are. [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top